It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dormant Volcanos Erupting And Unprecedented Global Earthquakes : Can you beleive it's THESE Prophet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Every 3500 years........(according not only to Velikovsky).....comes an (or the) Event. It is because of a space bourne object (possibly a comet) affecting Earth's normal cycles (including seismic activity).
Worlds In Collision (Velikovsky's first book 1956) posits (roughly) the above using sociologicaL approach ie ethnic studies (folklore etc)
Because of much harassment from (so called) scientists over Worlds In Collision , Velikovsky wrote

Earth in Upheaval

and used purely geography/geology/non-human sciences instead to posit the same above (roughly).
Link the book reviews above he wrote a bout 6 books plenty info there.
edit on 16-6-2011 by ZIPMATT because: edit

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
who or what do you think Jerusalem is, mentioned in your link to Isaiah?
or even the new?

Jeremiah 21
I am against you, Jerusalem, you who live above this valley on the rocky plateau, declares the LORD— you who say, “Who can come against us? Who can enter our refuge?”

Lamentations4
The kings of the earth did not believe, nor did any of the peoples of the world, that enemies and foes could enter the gates of Jerusalem.

Joel3
The LORD also will roar from Zion, And utter His voice from Jerusalem; The heavens and earth will shake; But the LORD will be a shelter for His people, And the strength of the children of Israel.

Matthew15
He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

John10
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

Isaiah8
He will be as a sanctuary, But a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense To both the houses of Israel, As a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Acts4
The kings of the earth took their stand,
And the rulers were gathered [conspired] together
Against the LORD and against His Christ.’
“For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done.

Revelation20
They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city.

Revelation8
And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Galatians 4
But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.
www.biblegateway.com...

edit on 16-6-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Had a look for Immanuel V that you mentioned interested in his books. You wouldnt happen to have a link where I could get his books (free is good
)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You know that if they are erupting they aren't dormant.

Just because there hasn't been active eruptions in a long time doesn't mean they won't ever happen in the future and this is not a new occurence. I'm curious if you've researched volcanoes over the past few thousand years and looked for patterns or if you just saw a couple of recent eruptions and came to your conclusion that way.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

So now we have Campi Flagri, Marci i, Mt Tambora , brilliant links.
I was chatting about this with a friend today, saying about the 3500 years which Velikovsky made clear. He said immediately I mentioned it : "I was born on Santorini . It was that long ago that the mountain exploded."

We got the computer and checked the dates : 3600 years ago.

Minoan Eruption (not small)

Here's a link : Santorini Volcano History

I am certainly looking forward to getting a Velikovsky book from the library.

edit on 16-6-2011 by ZIPMATT because: edit

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

About the only schoolwork of mine I ever bothered to keep was my geography project on Natural Disasters : the bits about types of volcanos were especially well plagiarised, which pleased my teachers.
My Theology degree: I just binned all that, dissertation the lot.
I stayed careful not to keep a strong opinion in the op. Its more than a couple of recent events

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by kro32

About the only schoolwork of mine I ever bothered to keep was my geography project on Natural Disasters : the bits about types of volcanos were especially well plagiarised, which pleased my teachers.
I stayed careful not to keep a strong opinion in the op. Its more than a couple of recent events

Well my point was that supposedly dormat volcanoes blow all the time. Mt. Reinier is expected to wake up from her slumber pretty soon as well as a few others along the west coast so it's not signaling anything bigger than what it actually is in my opinion.

Just a normal cycle.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
reply to post by kro32

Well my point was that supposedly dormat volcanoes blow all the time. Mt. Reinier is expected to wake up from her slumber pretty soon as well as a few others along the west coast so it's not signaling anything bigger than what it actually is in my opinion.

Just a normal cycle.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Thats a reasonable response, but both links : Puyehue and Eritrea mention dormancy. Puyehue has been dormant for 'decades' according to source while Nabro has slept for thousands if not millions of years.

If as you say, this is ordinary, there should be a (one) volcano which you could mention which has suddenly awakened itself independently of this era : with respect do you have any examples?

The 'normal cycle' scientists have ascribed to Yellowstone Park means a major event there is now overdue also.
I am unsure that scientists can accurately predict what magma or tectonic plates are going to do anyway, other than become a menace at times.

More to the point of this thread is what the prophets may have predicted: a global earthquakes. There wouldnt be anything cyclic or normal about that.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Here's another link which uncovers these 3 current Russian volcano eruptions :

Kamatcha Volcanos

Historic dormancy is also mentioned in the link.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by ZIPMATT

It has happened before and at some point, gonna happen again.

Have you read that great catastrophist Mr Velikovsky? "Worlds in Collision" is an amazing work. I don't hold with every theory of his, but I think he got so much right.

He was totally witch hunted for that book by the establishment scientists at the time. Now his ideas are not so bizarre! He was a genius at finding patterns in the world myths, like an Einstein of mythology!

edit on 15-6-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

Many many thanks for this my friend. I am 83 pages in since getting Worlds In Collision from the library today, I'll be over half way by tomorrow. Every sentence is a revelation . Global earthquake caused by comet is right there bang on. As is Isaiah. Bosh the nails go in.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

zipmatt you hastily writ nonsense dont do it again

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join