It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

La Raza says 90% of latino infants born in USA on welfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.examiner.com... s_article

Nearly 9 out of 10 Latino babies born in the U.S. relied on WIC La
Raza says
June 14, 2011 1:57 pm PT .

La Raza sent out an email blast this week to supporters urging them to
demand that their local lawmakers “Save our babies! Stop extreme cuts
to the WIC program.”

The La Raza email blast pointed out that, “nearly nine out of ten
Latino infants born in the United States participated in WIC in
2008. This program has been especially important for Hispanic
expectant mothers, who are less likely to have access to prenatal care
and medical information,” according to Jennifer Ng'andu, Deputy
Director, Health Policy Project for La Raza.

The WIC program provides food, nutrition counseling, and access to
health services to low-income women, infants and children. However,
it is the ever-increasing Latino population in the U.S. that relies
heavily on the government subsidy.

The National Council of La Raza contends that Hispanic families were
the hungriest families in 2008, and say Latino children make up nearly
40 percent of all children living with hunger. “The last thing we need
is to take food out of the mouths of vulnerable mothers, babies, and
young children,” Ng'andu said.

snip

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why are Latino people in particular suffering hardship the U.S.A.? Why not others? How fare the white children, or the black children, or the Asians, and so on? I could not gain understanding why just the Latinos from your post.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
And yet another reason to trim the fat....when it's too easy they come here in droves taking advantage of Americas generosity, maybe it's time they go home.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Because people from south of the border make up the biggest percentage of criminal immigrants.

www.dhs.gov...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 6/15/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
this has got to be the biggest bold faced lie i have ever read! i would like to see the source for this info, that 9 out of ten latino children are on welfare. la raza should be ashamed of itself for writing this kind of garbage. it should be empowering its people to get off welfare. the vast majority of latino people i see are hardworking work hard for your dreams type of people. stuff like this article if in fact a lie, only gives fuel to the anti-latino people out there.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's not anti-latino. It's anti tidalwave of dependant immigration.

Hi, I'm your neighbor, you're going to support me now.

No other nation would put up with such an imposition on it's economic, political and social wellbeing and no other nation would be called racist for defending itself from said imposition.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx

No other nation would put up with such an imposition on it's economic, political and social wellbeing and no other nation would be called racist for defending itself from said imposition.

Yup - america has the most liberal immigration policy in the world and yet the liberals call us racist for trying to stop the millions of unskilled third worlders coming here to steal jobs and govt benefits from the taxpayers.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
And yet another reason to trim the fat....when it's too easy they come here in droves taking advantage of Americas generosity, maybe it's time they go home.

They'll keep coming as long as we keep coddling them with benefits like this. We need to remove the incentives to invade america.

1. End birthright citizenship

2.. Deny all govt benefits to illegals especially free health care at
ERs and free school for illegal kids

3. Mandate e-verify for all jobs.

Do those three things and most of these parasites will self-deport.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
this has got to be the biggest bold faced lie i have ever read! i would like to see the source for this info, that 9 out of ten latino children are on welfare. la raza should be ashamed of itself for writing this kind of garbage. it should be empowering its people to get off welfare.

HAHAHA. You think La Raza cares about the mexican people.?? They're just another hate group trying to destroy white america.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So instead of La Raza coming out and telling people to look inwards and figure out why they are in the position they are in and learn to correct it, their response to this is basically faster, harder,bigger and more money?

These people are insane.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The role of illegal immigration coming from Latin America used to be for work and better life now they come to breed America born children and feed from the welfare system.

That is why they are multiplying in great numbers in the last decade, many Latino statistics shows that immigration coming from the south is nothing but importing poverty.

And yes I am Latina so don't try to use the race card on this one.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've yet to recieve this memo...being Latino and all. If La Raza or anyone else for that matter thinks they can lump all latinos together...they're sadly mistaken. La Raza (the race) should first address the fact that Latinos come in all races..there is no 'one' Latino race. Secondly...it would be in the best interests of all latinos to educate each other about the benefits of conctraceptives.
Don't make babies you cannot afford. It's a very simple concept...why some people don't get it...I don't know.
I hate to deny support for babies...it's not their fault....If it were on my watch, I'd have all parents on welfare sterilized.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Funny how many of you take this article and turn it into an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT issue. The article mentions nothing about illegals or immigrants, just says Latinos. Guess all Latinos are illegals the way many of you speak. And the article talks about WIC, a nutrition program, not Welfare.

The reason Latinos or Hispanics rely on WIC is because WIC makes an extra effort to reach out to them. It is a quota thing. As long as WIC has people they continue to get their funding.

Simple as that.

USDA is making a concerted effort to address barriers to program participation among eligible Hispanics, including immigrants. The effort covers a broad range of activities:

Targeting Outreach to the Hispanic Community.

www.fns.usda.gov...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

La Raza sent out an email blast this week to supporters urging them to
demand that their local lawmakers “Save our babies! Stop extreme cuts
to the WIC program.”

Someone should have replied : "Stop having kids you can't support. Teach personal responsibility and accountability for your actions rather than 'pump em out like pez for a check, out of ignorance, or for some stupid religious BS ( Catholics). ".

I know, I know.. its unheard of, amazing, and miraculous, but : I waited to have kids until I could financially support them! Yeah! I actually was able to figure out how to prevent it **gasp**! Amazing Huh?

La Raza is a racist hate group pretending to be a Latino support group. Give me a break.. its sort of like the KKK sending an email saying “Save our babies! Stop extreme cuts to the WIC program.” Considering the amount of whites on WIC

and like the other poster, Im not white either.. so save it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
WIC is not welfare. Its more about nutritional education than anything else. Yes they provide food vouchers but it is very specific. One voucher will be for milk, another for beans. It will tell you exactly what size and how much you can get. I highly doubt 90% of Latinos are on WIC. I know to many that are not.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
WIC is not welfare. Its more about nutritional education than anything else. Yes they provide food vouchers but it is very specific. One voucher will be for milk, another for beans. It will tell you exactly what size and how much you can get. I highly doubt 90% of Latinos are on WIC. I know to many that are not.

So they educate by handing out free food?

Wow, I guess control the definition, control the argument has really been taken to heart.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

Does the WIC program give out free food?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
LA RAZA also has a militant side, it has been documented and filmed. This is just more propaganda.

It's also a racist organization as it excludes all others, but latinos.

Where's Machete when you need him?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
i call bs!!! no way are 9 out of 10 latino people on welfare!! i am "latino" i have never been on welfare, my child has never been on welfare, i would be willing to bet this statistic is an outright lie! even if they are saying 9 out of 10 latinos in california are on welfare, even bigger lie! there is a huge population of latino people in california whose families have been there since before it was part of america! are u gonna tell me 9 out of ten latinos are on welfare? if they are saying 9 out of 10 illegal immigrants are on welfare in california than that is a huge problem. i live in illinois and i will tell u 9 out of 10 latinos are definitely notg on welfare over here. i'm sure some are but like i said before the majority of latinos i see around here are working their tails off and dont need welfare. la raza should be ashamed of itself for putting out this crap!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thats odd, neither me nor any members of my immediate family are or were on welfare or wic. Guess we're that elusive 10%. I swear, La Raza gives hardworking, law-abiding latino people a bad name.

top topics

join