It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's president calls for post-Soviet security alliance to unite in alliance against West

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well it looks like we are getting a better idea of who is "shirts" and who will be "skins" in the upcoming armageddon.
My money is on the West but I will be buying the Russian and Mandarin versions of Rosetta Stone just in case. I want to be useful to the new government in charge should it come down to it. Hey, survivalist have to survive, am I right?

ASTANA, Kazakhstan - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Wednesday for a security alliance of several former Soviet nations and China to form a united front against the West.
Ahmadinejad's address to fellow heads of state at the summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in Kazakhstan will likely deepen suspicions that the bloc is intended as a counterweight to the United States across the region.
In a summit declaration signed by all the member states, the organization also attacked missile defence programs in another apparent dig at the United States.
"The one-sided and unlimited development of missile defence systems by one government or a narrow group of governments could cause damage to strategic stability and international security," the document said.
Much of Ahmadinejad's fiery speech was devoted to levelling an exhaustive series of thinly veiled accusations against unnamed Western countries, which he described as "enslavers, colonialists, (and) invaders."
"Which one of our countries (has played a role) in the black era of slavery, or in the destruction of hundreds of millions of human beings?" Ahmadinejad said, opening his address.
The SCO was formed in Shanghai in 2001 by China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan to address religious extremism and border security in Central Asia, but it has in recent years attracted interest in full membership from countries like Iran, India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Its scope has since broadened to economic issues, but the organization has struggled nonetheless to forge a clear purpose.
Iran's entry to the SCO has been resisted by the existing members, who worry that Iran's membership would lend the group a more explicitly anti-American quality, a concern that Ahmadinejad was seemingly unwilling to allay.
Russia has been an active opponent of U.S.-backed plans to create a missile shield in Europe and was likely behind the inclusion of harsh words against the proposal in the summit declaration.
Moscow sees the U.S.-led missile defence plans as a potential threat to its security. It has agreed to consider NATO's proposal to co-operate on the missile shield, but insists the system be run jointly.
Reprising the criticism addressed at Washington, Afghan President Hamid Karzai renewed calls for the United States to respect his country's sovereignty.
Karzai has in recent months become increasingly strident in his attacks against NATO's accidental bombings of Afghan civilians, describing the Western-led alliance as being at risk of becoming an "occupying force."

ca.news.yahoo.com...

"Those that lust for war have never been in a war."
Scoriada 2011

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I see The New Great Game is alive and kicking.

Central Asia is Key. The vast untapped natural resources are in play. Russia would like to limit the regions productivity so as not to have more competitors for Chinese and EU markets for fuel and mineral customers. China desperately needs those resources to keep their economic machine rolling. The US/West want to have an influence in the region so as not to be economically steam rolled as it is surpassed by upcoming growing markets.

Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan are on the front line.

The US will start reviewing their financial support to Pakistan. In which case China will step up and fill any gap if the US stops or reduces their support. Russia has recently raised a stink about US naval vessels in the Black Sea. Libya has become the EUs new ugly stepchild Frankenstein project. Syrian authorities are running scared. The whole dynamics of the region will look vastly different in the next 5 years or sooner. Hold on to your butts as new alliances are forged. The missile shield IMO has nothing to do with Iran or Russia for that matter. The US/West are putting this in place as other newer economic powers grow "China and India"

As the West is eventually eclipsed in affluence and global influence some feel that the missile shield would buy them some sort of security. 21st century Maginot Line?

Time will tell.

edit on 15-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Scoriada

It's all a show, Russia and the US are best buddies, well at least the powers that run the two countries are. They want people in fear so they can keep there little game going.
edit on 15-6-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If something's gonna blow up in the world I see Russia sitting this one out and seeing what happens in the end. They have no burning interest in any of these conflicts going on and frankly they would be better off on the sidelines and sympathizing will all sides.

Russia is broke and retooling their military for any large conflict would hurt them very bad and unless something happens where they stand to gain a considerable reward for their participation I see no reason for them to go to war with anyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
If something's gonna blow up in the world I see Russia sitting this one out and seeing what happens in the end. They have no burning interest in any of these conflicts going on and frankly they would be better off on the sidelines and sympathizing will all sides.

Russia is broke and retooling their military for any large conflict would hurt them very bad and unless something happens where they stand to gain a considerable reward for their participation I see no reason for them to go to war with anyone.

you forget about Georgia already? 2008? they're good to go.

no nation will use nukes, or tactical nukes unless another initiates first contact, but all nations are ready and willing to deploy conventional warfare for total war to protect their assets and maintain their nations and control of power.

new topics

top topics

join