It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what will like be like after America defaults?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How will daily life change for the average American? Not the rich...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
How will daily life change for the average American? Not the rich...

depends on what happens, could turn into a mad max style world full of looters and murderes or TPTB create a world curance and we are even more screwed down the line and the rich get even more richer
edit on 15-6-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The will be no more food stamps, no more welfare checks, no freebies for anyone and then the riots and looting starts! The bigger the city the worst it will be. I would not get caught in any of the major cities! Thugs now break into homes to steal stuff of value, after TSHTF they will be breaking in to steal food!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Great flick. Ah, memories. I think it'll be more like Harry Canyon though.

The UN building is now a bunch of low apartments.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I cant imagine the day to day life of many people would change much.

What's the worst thing that could happen? Our worthless fiat currency would be worthless?

That's no reason to stop commerce.

It's been Monopoly money long enough now and we all still pretend it has value.

Journey said it best: "Don't stop believing."

As long as we believe in these fairy tale notes everything will go on just fine. Let the rest of the world shut us out. We should have shut them out long ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Assuming you mean the U.S.A., well look over to your brothers down south, for a start. You'll be fine. Your luxurious standard of living may decline a little, and struggles of politics may break out, but I assure you it won't be a kind of zombie-apocalypse scenario. All you'd have to do is man up and deal with it, come what come may.

If you are really worried, perhaps get out and travel some of the world, to gain a perspective.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
Assuming you mean the U.S.A., well look over to your brothers down south, for a start. You'll be fine. Your luxurious standard of living may decline a little, and struggles of politics may break out, but I assure you it won't be a kind of zombie-apocalypse scenario. All you'd have to do is man up and deal with it, come what come may.

If you are really worried, perhaps get out and travel some of the world, to gain a perspective.

I live in the deep south, and I've been in 3rd world countries...I was just curious what people expected

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

well if you been there then you know what will happen here. same thing only more violent just the way we are. you have seen the LA riots??

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
All I know is the world will fall right after the US does. More than 150 countries depend on US foriegn aid (thats just sad) I fear for my brother man across Europe as I feel they will have the harshest crackdowns and no means of real defense no matter how futile said defense may be.

I'd rather die with a rifle in my hands than live with a rifle in my face
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: asasasas

top topics

join