It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Combine Humans With Jellyfish To Create Living Lasers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Scientists Combine Humans With Jellyfish To Create Living Lasers

dvice.com

Wanna shoot lasers out of your eyeballs? We're getting close. Scientists have finally done something useful for a change and stuck some glowing jellyfish genes into human cells to create bright green biolasers.

All it takes to make a laser is something that lights up, plus a structure that can amplify and focus that light into a coherent beam. In the case of these biolasers, human kidney cells have been genetically enhanced to produce the proteins that make jellyfish glow
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The human cells inserted with jellyfish genes look like this under a microscope.

So they have the laser part down, they just need to finish up finding a way to wire it into your body...they are expecting to accomplish this with routing optical fibers directly through the body. Yes, we talking about implanted fiber optic cabling.

Terminator anyone?

The cell itself didn't seem to mind in the least that it was being used to blast out laser beams, which bodes well for the eventual genetic modifications that will actually totally completely for real allow you to SHOOT LASERS OUT OF YOUR EYEBALLS.

What are your thoughts on this, one of these days will see this kind of experimentation get out of the petri dish so to speak?

Is this ethical?

dvice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Posted twice already lol
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Make sure to use the search tool before posting any new threads please.
At that I hope you get more attention to it because not many have replied
to the other threads like I have once thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

ATS rules allow a breaking news article to be posted, in addition to one of the other forums.
Alas, my search turned up neither thread.

Thanks for your comments.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Haha I have to get the rules one day and spend my time reading through all

Flagging just to get attention because neither of the other articles have.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Wow,our science keep growing up and up every day!
Amazing.

S&F!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
wow! Jellyfish is the very poisonous thing that can kill a person in just a few seconds and now they're using it? LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wonder if the also use jelly fish in making jellatins and jelly foods?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Nooooo! Jellypeeps!!! The latest Xmen mutants.

What is the world coming to? Scares me all this stuff. Where will end up in the future?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
*GASP!*

I recently read an article about a species of jellyfish that is in essence, immortal:

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe this was a first step before they combine human and jellyfish dna or cells and make the first immortal human?!?

Man, what a conspiracy theory there! Think about it. TPTB discovery true immortality, bury themselves in bunkers with seed vaults and unleash nuclear armageddon on the world. Years later they emerge, and live lives of complete luxury for all time. Selective breeding or sterilization would of course be required to ensure overpopulation is never a problem again and they could live indefinately!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
He is already delivering his treatment as long as he stays in Texas. If people go to him the FEDS can't touch him.

Also he won his legal battle and has passed stage 2 of the approval process.

He has been battling since the 70's so this is not an overnight thing.

This is groundbreaking. Watch the video.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Burzynski, the Movie is the story of a medical doctor and Ph.D biochemist named Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski who won the largest, and possibly the most convoluted and intriguing legal battle against the Food & Drug Administration in American history.

His victorious battles with the United States government were centered around Dr. Burzynski's gene-targeted cancer medicines he discovered in the 1970's called Antineoplastons, which have currently completed Phase II FDA-supervised clinical trials in 2009 and could begin the final phase of FDA testing in 2011–barring the ability to raise the required $150 million to fund the final phase of FDA clinical trials.

When Antineoplastons are approved, it will mark the first time in history a single scientist, not a pharmaceutical company, will hold the exclusive patent and distribution rights on a paradigm-shifting medical breakthrough.

new topics

top topics

join