It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook hires former White House press secretary Joe Lockhart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

money.cnn.com

A former broadcast journalist who worked at CNN, NBC News and Sky Television of London, Lockhart founded the his own communications firm, the Glover Park Group, after leaving the White House.

Facebook has been seeking a Washington heavy hitter for its communications team. In March it was rumored to be in discussions with Robert Gibbs, Obama's former press secretary, about a job with the company
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theatlanticwire.com
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I find this rather interesting. Especially considering all of the talk here at ATS about how social network sites such as Facebook have been working with TPTB in order to "gather" information.

The fact that they have been seeking a "Washington Heavy Hitter" should raise suspicion in itself.

I am curious as to what is around the corner for Facebook and their plans to dig into peoples personal lives even further.

What really gets me is that they first talked with former Obama press secretary Robert Gibbs and that deal fell through.

One should ask why they insisted on someone with White house experience.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/15/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh boy... another "leader" is spewed forth by the revolving door of the Washington Big Club.

How soon before he runs for office I wonder?

Must have been on the Bilderberg 'to do' list.... "Item 5a - get government insiders plugged into Facebook" or maybe "Item 5b. Get Facebook further intertwined with government."

It's amazing how they congratulate themselves on this kind of thing, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see

This is important. I do not trust Facebook at all. Now I trust it even less, if that makes any sense.
I hope people pay attention to this OP. They need to know.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Indeed that thought crossed my mind along with many others. One of them being some kind of future false flag involving Facebook.

Why would they seek to hire a professional circle talker?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
facebook is really at the top sites now. no one can stop it. poor friendster and my space.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
i wanna have a brain like Mark . (facebook's founder)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Why is it that when the Onion News Network has some skit, it seems to come true. I wish i had the skit that I'm talking about to show, but it's about Zuckerberg being recruited by CIA, blah blah, so on and so forth. But the Onions cynical fake news shows are becoming real news at an alarming rate here.

www.youtube.com...

the list gets longer, but it's off topic.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Maybe once you peel into the layers of the onion, you can see that there are insiders to the Elite hiding at the core.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Isn't this really old news? Or is it another obama zombie that got hired by facebook?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

All three linked articles are dated yesterday around 7pm Eastern Time, so I feel that this is rather fresh news other than rumors that this might be up and coming.

Just another reason to keep Facebook in our sights.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

This Was the one I was speaking of. Sorry, that one was saying they were seeking to hire him, yours is saying it's a done deal.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Hmmm, in my mind, government goons and social networks mix like oil and water. If it goes through, just one more reason to consider closing up my personal and business page there.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that post. I have both a personal and business page on there as well. The sight has worked well for generating business in this economy, but....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Facebook does make it really easy to keep in touch with everyone still stateside, but the scales keep tipping towards "screw convenience, it's not worth the trade off".

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yes... both screw convenience and screw privacy.

Everytime I hear about an update to that site, it seems I have to re-do all of my privacy settings because they go back to default. Not only that, but not anywhere do they fill you in on that.

I can see why TPTB find it a useful resource of information gathering.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well when workers leave government, they go into the private sector. It is pretty much routine, and basically your choices are public or private, like girl or boy. I don't think there is a conspiracy here. And coming from Washington, he would know the rules and regs, and probably has a lot of connections.

new topics

top topics

join