It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from Elenin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

i just read mostly until i find something that intrigues me.. i would also like to see evidence of this "hard turn" did it shoot around a black hole?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Before leaving on vacation last week, Leonid Elenin left a rather philosophical meditation on the Spaceobs blog. I thought I would share a part of it here:

During the last six months the comet has aroused a lot of interest among the people of the Earth; among the huge number of letters about the end of the world, I also received those about people who became interested in astronomy and observing, who bought telescopes and discovered for themselves the beauty of the night sky. This is possibly the most important effect caused by my comet. Of course the comet poses no threat to the Earth and all the rumors will end when it starts moving away from the Earth and Sun. The same thing happened with the famous comet Hale-Bopp and will be repeated more than once in the future.

spaceobs.org...

I, too, hope that the interest generated in this comet backfires against those who have promulgated malicious rumors and attempted to generate fear. Those who genuinely seek the truth may now be inspired to go out and learn about the night-time sky. Even a simple pair of binoculars can reveal the moons of Jupiter, turn the Pleiades into a glimmering jewel box and uncover the pock marked surface of the Moon. Even a modest telescope can bring the beauty of Saturn's rings into focus, and allow you to feel that you can almost reach out and touch the lunar surface... with some color filters, you can even search for Transient Lunar Phenomena from your own backyard. Anyone can look up at the sky and verify things with their own eyes. No government on Earth can control what you see in the heavens. You cannot hide in Space. If you live anywhere on Earth but North America, you have an ideal opportunity to witness a lunar eclipse tonight, and can verify for yourself that the Sun Moon and heavens continue to keep their rounds.

Before leaving on vacation last week........... Roflmao. Sorry DJ, I have alot of respect for you and I know you are an intelligent and very well thought out person. I just honestly don't take any stock in old Leonid, his blog on Spaceobs, facebook or anything else public was not put into place until after the discovery which raises some red flags.

I will stop short of saying he is a fraud because I do not have the proof to back up that kind of sentiment. What I will say is that his rise to fame is suspect at the very best and the circumstances that shrouds "his" comet has still yet to be debunked......

So close now right? Where are all the pictures and data from the amateur astronomers? Should have dozens now no? Why do you have the same information about this comet that we had 4 months ago? Why is nothing new? Just curious, hoping you can shed some light for me.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gam3pr0

I dont know how I can possibly provide an answer to that question. I am not an astronomer, nor an astrophysicist. All I have done is use the factual info provided by NASA to plot the path of the Comet and when i got to these dates I noticed it exhibited VERY strange behaviour for a Comet.
edit on 15-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Thanks LA, sadly, too tired to figure out how to punch those coords in, but I hope someone else smarther than me will and see if they come to the same conclusion as you.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

which dates? these?

6/22/11
8/17/11
9/11/11
10/10/11
12/9/11

after reading your post i googled elenin's turns and found these, but i can't tell by looking at the JPL's model... but the poster was pretty convincing lol he was wondering why no other comets made turns like these if they were due to other celestial bodies

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Its pretty easy, once you are on Google Sky, on the left hand side is a location bar...just copy and paste the coords from my post and press 'Enter'

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Suspicious...Hmm!
Although there are a few things that are certainly unclear about C/2010 X1 (Elenin), there is one thing I've noticed that is somewhat perplexing. An anomaly...between the HORIZONS Web-Interface and the JPL Small-Body Browser at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory's website. When reading the results of "Elenin' in the HORIZONS Web-Interface, I notice that it shows that it crossed the ecliptic plane in the end of May 2011. However, when I bring up the orbit diagram of "Elenin', it shows that it crossed the ecliptic plane way back in 2000. Why is this discrepancy here?
Now, I realize that the Java applet used for the orbit diagram is of a limited design, and should not be utilized for long term observation. Even so, they (NASA) have been tracking 'Elenin' since Dec. 2010. Therefore, the orbit diagram should compensate for this, based upon the stored information within the JPL server, and at least show it crossing closer to May 2011...Yet it doesn't!

Why???

Think maybe Leonid might be able to answer this one?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gam3pr0

which dates? these?

6/22/11
8/17/11
9/11/11
10/10/11
12/9/11

after reading your post i googled elenin's turns and found these, but i can't tell by looking at the JPL's model... but the poster was pretty convincing lol he was wondering why no other comets made turns like these if they were due to other celestial bodies

From May 21 through to June 1, 2011....it makes a very tight turn...keeping in mind this thing has a coma of 100,000km in diameter (Earths diameter is 12,500 km) and is travelling at a speed of 85,000km/h
or 1416 km per second.

I posted the coords a page back. Do it in Google sky yourself. It's easy enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Will try this in the morning, having a glass of wine and a hockey game in sight of me is top priority tonight, long day.

Thanks though.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Great post DJW001! Love your work mate!

IRM

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Where are all the pictures and data from the amateur astronomers?

Try "Google."

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Where are all the pictures and data from the amateur astronomers?

Try "Google."

No, Google provides no new Elenin information, if I somehow missed it in my extensive search, please enlighten me on all the new data and pics.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You could start here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Still nothing new though since late April/Early May.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
To all that think you know what it is, when nobody does.

Check ATS thread
Elenin pics

From what I see it is no normal comet. So to all the skeptics.

Have you seen this object up close? NO!

So don't act like you know all about it when no one does.

TPTB all know what's about to happen. i.e. Body bags, food kits and global financial crisis. It's all being put into place because sh*t is about to hit the fan.

Phenomenal
edit on 16-6-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

Have you seen it up close?

No, so how can you say it's not a comet?

What makes you the expert?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

i don't necessarily think people are looking for fulfillment, they are likely to just be looking for the end as all the doom & gloom has people in the dumps and feeling like they have no out

I'm not sure what to think about it. . .is it a comet, a dwarf star, niburu? . . . .still don't know what to believe

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

reply to post by yourmamaknows

That's a comet right? Should begin to show a tail about June 30 as it passes Mars' orbit on the way in.

Cometary tails can vary in size and brightness, nor do they keep to a timetable. The best chance to observe the forming tail would be in late July or early August, when we will be viewing the comet at nearly a right angle to its orientation towards the Sun. It will be visible (by telescope) ten or fifteen degrees above the horizon at sunset; hardly good viewing. Both the tail (and the viewing conditions) will be better after it reaches its perihelion. Mid-October looks likely to be the best time to view it.

is there any other comet you know that much about? why this one?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just wanna make somethin clear. Astronomer Elenin Never said that he hopes this backfires on all the people afraid of this... Object. So you were wrong to represent him as sharing your view on this matter...... Care to retract the statement? Cause ill have him on email alert by tomorrow morning if this isn't cleared up... Just kidding about the email part. I have a strange sense of humor. Happy trails...
PS do you work for esurance??

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

is there any other comet you know that much about? why this one?

I know about comets in general, and it's very easy to work this out if you use the JPL browser. In fact, figuring out when you can observe comets and asteroids best is the whole reason the JPL browser is provided as a public service.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join