It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivalist, Project 7 Militia Leader, Revolution, Assassination Plots, and YOU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
www.bnd.com...

Burgert is the former leader of a Flathead County militia group known as Project 7, named for the number "7" on Flathead County license plates in Montana. Project 7 allegedly plotted to assassinate local officials, go to war with the National Guard and overthrow the federal government.

Burgert had been arrested in February 2002 after a standoff and a chase. He had a machine gun when he was arrested, and authorities found thousands of rounds of ammunition and homemade explosives while searching sites associated with Project 7.

"Montana Militia" busted? More like a rogue paranoid nutball busted, but yet again.. survivalists, preppers, and Militia is lumped in with with the rogue types. Authorities were combing the internet and sites associated with this Project 7... and revolution/anti-gov sentiment.

www.cbsnews.com...

Montana officials are weighing charges against a militia group dubbed "Project 7", which allegedly amassed stockpiles of ammunition, weapons and survival gear in a plot to assassinate officials and foment an anti-government revolution.

The objective, officials said, was to force the state to call out the National Guard - who would then become the targets of a wider resistance effort which ultimately would cause the downfall of the U.S. government. "Apparently, on a certain day, by going out and killing people, they were going to trigger a revolution that would bring down the U.S. government," Dupont said.

Dupont said Burgert was expected to be charged with an array of crimes related to "Project 7", the latest militia group to surface in Montana, long known as a refuge for anti-government activists ranging from the Freemen to Unabomber Ted Kaczynski.

"Anything involving the government, he was against," Dupont said. "These people are scary, because they have a cause and they believe in it."

I guess you're not paranoid if they really are monitoring you online.

My concern is that anyone who dares form a militia, speaks out against the govt corruption, has legal firearms cashes, or preps... god forbid be a "survivalist".. you too are lumped in with the scary "anti-government activists ranging from the Freemen to Unabomber Ted Kaczynski". Ive seen more than what these articles state discussed here on ATS and elsewhere. No, I dont support those who want to assassinate folks to be the catalyst for some revolution that will overthrow the government... but I also do not support guilt by association.

Anyway, just sharing an interesting article relevant to social issues and civil unrest

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You know it's not far fetched has idiot survivalists/ right militia would start a Second American Civil War

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
You know it's not far fetched has idiot survivalists/ right militia would start a Second American Civil War

I'm all for a huge change in this country, but Im not so sure Id enjoy the vision some of these radical folks have for the country or new government.
I also dont like being lumped in with them. The MSM seems to love to make militias and their members seem like wackos with blanket statements.. and thats far from the truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I was just thinking about the Koresh debacle.
en.wikipedia.org...

It wasn't/isn't about who was right or wrong..

It was all about the way it was handled,and the portrayel of Koresh and his followers as sicko's who got what they deserved.

I remember watching those buildings burn live, like it was yesterday and feeling really scared.

Especially when Janet Reno went on television while it was burning in the background,saying all options have been attempted to end this peacefully.
"It's like she was saying"go ahead,try and defy us again,I DARE you"

This guy is either mental or stupid or both..You don't go firing live ammunition at peace officers.

They frown on that type of behavior.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I guess you're not paranoid if they really are monitoring you online.
That statement says a lot.
They don't need any warrants to monitor what you do online. People should be very careful.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

"These people are scary, because they have a cause and they believe in it."

Best quote ever.

Nothing so dangerous and terrifying as people who believe in something.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Explanation: S&F!

Anti-government???
Hardly!!!

As a Soveriegn Citizen I AM the government!

Being a citizen inherently means I can carry out a war... thats what entitles me to vote!

Personal Disclosure: Transparancy is my sheild and yes I'm armed with a left arm[y] and right arm[y] and the most dangerous weapon of all... a functional Human Brain!

To TPTB....

BRING IT ON!!!

Why??? Because I have better arguments!!!

Information is power! Reward is the application!

I don't need to go all Jared Lee Loughner [wiki] or Timothy McVeigh. [wiki] !

In reference to theories that he had assistance from others, McVeigh responded:

You can't handle the truth! Because the truth is, I blew up the Murrah Building and isn't it kind of scary that one man could wreak this kind of hell?

Not when I work smarter not harder...

How To Stage, Or Stop A Coup, In Order To Survive! (Thread by SpartanKingLeonidas posted on 26-1-2009 @ 09:55 PM, post by OmegaLogos posted on 28-1-2009 @ 04:22 AM] [ATS]

As to performing a bloodless coup, I have several ideas as to strategy and gear. 1stly I was watching a TV show on genetics and it had a little bit on epigenetics and I followed this up with a little bit more study. Apparently what happened to our grandparents physically as they grew up (i.e. famine /drought/floods as examples of extreme physical events) has a direct effect on us and our genetic makeup and it also appears these genetic effects tend to skip a generation (i.e. our parents) before becoming manifest in our generation. GEAR:- This lead me to the idea of an epigenetic bomb which would be "bloodless", BUT still could be considered a WMD because it would be capable of performing genocide on a large scale. This device would be a simple air conditioning unit with a special internal mesh that houses a myriad of nanobots that constantly mine and refine the dust collected in the aircons filter into stealthy gene changing nanotech devices/bombs which, already being an aerosol due to their intrinsic small size, are floated as it were on the wind of the aircon fan just like legionella. These airborn devices would then be thoughtlessly inhaled by the target population and they would then make their way to the genitals of this target population and mutate the sperm and ovaries in such a way, that the 1st generation born to the target populations children would end up weak, crippled and sterile!
STRATEGY:- With the world warming due to climate change almost everybody who can will need and want an aircon and so the target population will buy and install these devices themselves. It will eventually get hot and they will turn on the aircon, which will then spread the epigenetic nanobombs, which will then be inhaled and promptly do their dirty work. And Baddabing Baddaboom, 2 generations later and their all sterile
's.

Personal Disclosure: If you can't weed them out then breed them out!

Anonymous Has the Bomb! (Thread by purplemer posted on 14-2-2011 @ 12:13 PM, post by OmegaLogos posted on 15-2-2011 @ 02:47 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: S&F!

Hmmm?

This "Bomb" is bad for everybody! Here is potentially where it starts...

Grey Goo :- Computing [wiki]

ComputingDenial-of-service attacks in the virtual world Second Life which work by infinitely replicating objects until the server crashes are referred to as grey goo attacks. This reference refers to the self-replicating aspects of grey goo. It is one example of the widespread convention of drawing analogies between certain Second Life concepts and the theories of radical nanotechnology.

And here is where it ends ...

Grey Goo [wiki]

Grey goo (alternatively spelled gray goo) is a hypothetical end-of-the-world scenario involving molecular nanotechnology in which out-of-control self-replicating robots consume all matter on Earth while building more of themselves, a scenario known as ecophagy ("eating the environment").

And here is why...

Grey Goo :- Dangers and Terrorism [crnano.org]

Although grey goo has essentially no military and no commercial value, and only limited terrorist value, it could be used as a tool for blackmail. Cleaning up a single grey goo outbreak would be quite expensive and might require severe physical disruption of the area of the outbreak (atmospheric and oceanic goos deserve special concern for this reason). Another possible source of grey goo release is irresponsible hobbyists. The challenge of creating and releasing a self-replicating entity apparently is irresistible to a certain personality type, as shown by the large number of computer viruses and worms in existence. We probably cannot tolerate a community of "script kiddies" releasing many modified versions of goo.

Personal Disclosure: I just spent 1 week in an Asylum ward due to this concept breaking me hardcore.

P.S.
I will never look at a laundry/kitchen sink and microwave oven the same EVER again!

Anonymous is Legion. Just like grey goo!
Don't say you havent been warned ok. Mind you it would be your last words anyway!

edit on 15-2-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited spacing and grammar.

The dawn of a new decade has begun! (Thread by Stop-loss! posted on 1-1-2010 @ 11:45 AM, post by OmegaLogos posted on 1-1-2010 @ 02:00 PM) [ATS]

reply to post by Stop-loss!

Explanation: I'll probably earn a warning or a ban etc. for this post but what the hell eh since life is short!

This is how I am going to stand up and be counted.....

I'm a very militant Aussie and that requires me to take action in my own backyard 1st. The proximity of this "backyard" is limited to myself and the bonus for me is I get to place me EXACTLY in the most effective wider local environment for PR purposes!

See these giants whose shoulders I shall be standing upon when I enact my "Pinky and the Brain" PLAN!

Thích Quảng Đức [wiki]

Norman Morrison [wiki]

Alice Herz [wiki]

Roger Allen LaPorte [wiki]

Florence Beaumont [wiki]

George Winne Jr. [wiki]

Malachi Ritscher [wiki]

List of others and the explicit method used by all. [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: Just like the profound burning Sun of a new dawn I shall, in the spirits of the diggers who have gone before me and who wore the Rising Sun ANZAC badge, show unrelenting courage and skillfull determination in blazing a clear path to the truth!

P.S. For anybody who is concerned by my potential "loss" to the human race I seriously suggest you ALL would be better off without the immoral and legally insane monster that is I!

Edited to remove accidental junk. :shk: Soz me a

Edited to add link origin.
[edit on 1-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

[edit on 1-1-2010 by OmegaLogos]

Personal Disclosure: But why bother to do any of that when there are SOLUTIONS! [which I and many others have posted on ATS btw
especially my compressed air threads.]

P.S. WACO: The Murders At Mt Carmel (Thread by kennylee posted on 17-11-2010 @ 08:54 AM , post by OmegaLogos posted on 17-11-2010 @ 09:34 AM) [ATS]

reply to post by kennylee

Explanation: I'm an Australian but I take a great interest in my nations supposed allies!

I think I showed that either side of the US political spectrum isn't interested in being fair at all and as usual its us Humans who have our rights trampled on...

PREAMBLE
Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

I do note that that document superceeds all others ...

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2.
•Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Personal Disclosure: I can't sleep at night due to the above and I spend that time planning my revenge! I'm not just going to kill them!

edit on 15-6-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to remove some unneeded text for clarity.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

"These people are scary, because they have a cause and they believe in it."

Best quote ever.

Nothing so dangerous and terrifying as people who believe in something.

Thats what I was hoping folks would do.. read between the lines in these MSM articles. I obviously didnt post the PAGES of google returns on the story, but google it and look at the articles and developments in the story... and specifically the words used by the MSM.. its not really all that subtle. Question the govt or disagree with the govt and talk revolution.. and youre one of "them".

Oh and he surrendered BTW...
"paranoid survivalist"
hosted2.ap.org...

www.dailyinterlake.com...

Project 7 members have described themselves as survivalists who wanted to prepare for any kind of apocalypse. Apparently, machine guns, silencers, gunpowder, commercial explosives, pipe bombs, shackles, and ammunition worth tens of thousands of dollars are useful in times of apocalypse. The stockpile of weaponry was, in part, what led local officials to believe at least one witness's description of the group as diabolical, violent, anarchist warriors who planned to assassinate local leaders, leading to a national revolution.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
And at the same time we see these revolution fetishists hiding behind survivalism and prepping culture. I see it all the time here on ATS. Pretty much any moron who puts together a bug out bag and buys an AR15 thinks he's going to start the revolution. They see themselves as some kind of special forces out to fight for the rights of the people.

I see it all the time. I think rather than becoming indignant toward the media over these generalizations we should be examining why these generalizations are made in the first place and act accordingly. We should be shouting down the revolution fetishists and anyone who thinks survivalism and prepping culture is the community wherein they can couch their thirst for the blood of their fellow countrymen.

I know full well these people aren't the majority of those of us who take survivalism and prepping seriously. But they are loud and they can be dangerous and we shouldn't coddle their idiotic beliefs.

I used to fancy the idea that the only way we would be able to change the country is to take up arms. This whole notion isn't new to me. But the more I thought about it, and wrote about it, the more I realized just how ineffective to achieve the goals of restoration it would be.

This may have been one nut bag. But there are more like him. We should be doing what we can to discourage and marginalize these people, instead we insulate them by taking a defensive stance toward the criticism. We don't even bother to examine why the criticism is there to begin with. After watching some people here on ATS and elsewhere talk about revolution and the murder of those they disagree with as if it is something acceptable to do, I am simply not surprised by the level of scrutiny these groups get.

On the point of Militias. I think Militias are a good thing. And we should be supporting the militia movement. But militias should be doing the right things. Hiding out in the woods and playing soldier preparing for the day they're going to get killed by the Feds is NOT something American militias should be doing. They should be training militarily, but they should also seek partnership with local law enforcement, they should be training to rescue people in bad situations, they should be training to help out their neighbors and overall communities. If they spent more time doing those things rather than talking about the tyranny of the government while never actually seeking lawful remedy for those injustices the people would see the militia movement in a far more positive light.

It is up to all of us who support these very fundamental American principles and rights to safeguard them from being cast into a bad light by our own refusal to deal with these problems.
edit on 15-6-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
By creating violence or the intention of violence to get what you want never works out in the end. It's best to just sit back get away from all the debates in life, and learn how to live without any help or need from any government or militia.

After SHTF fan one day, people like formed militias will be more of a hinder of recovery than people to look to.

If you can't get your point through without violence, then your no better than the people you wish would leave office by death or others means.

We are getting too soft in many regions here in the US, and too violent in others. The in betweens just watch with shaking heads.

I don't agree with any type of group of any sort unless your doing something thats actually helpful to the people or planet, something good. Weekend warriors that know how to shoot guns and getting cocky after a few beers is not a good idea base. Face it, most of these groups are just a community of people that gather to shoot guns most of the time.

I can shoot guns, good too, but I live in peace. Would never even discuss a metaphor plot of what some of these people come up with.

new topics

top topics

join