It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Statue of Liberty Masonic?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

thought that Lady Liberty holding the torch aloft was some reference to the light bearer...!

Yes to enlightment, there is even some lodges called the burning tourch or something like that I heard.
It is not the goal of the Masons to reach enlightment.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Network Dude summed it up nicely with this:

Originally posted by network dude
But what I found is saying the French government gave the statue to the American government and people. Freemasons were involved, but they didn't do this on behalf of masonry.

The last part is something you just don't seem to get. As I've said before, not every waking moment of our lives is dedicated to Freemasonry. Hell, I haven't been sat in Lodge, Chapter, Council, Commandery, or College in the last 9-months; not out of choice though. Not every waking minute of our day is taken over by the Craft. We all have our daily lives that existed before we went in and is expected to exist after we join. Freemasonry doesn't expect you to stop doing everything at the drop of the hat.

reply to post by pepsi78

I'm guessing you meant 'burning taper'. What are our goals then, oh knowing one?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
As I was saying here is another masonic art work. What I meant to say "the same one" Godess Libertas on top of the white house. Another work done by another mason.

They were quoted as saying:
We, the People The Story of the United States CAPITOL published by The United States Capitol Historical society, in cooperation with the National Geographic Society, Washington D.C. The 1964 edition. This references the Statue of Freedom as being the "goddess Freedom" of Rome… i.e. "Libertas".

Above all other evidence we may add:
Another mason decides to build the same persona that was going to be built in large proportions by the french
masons. What a strange coincidence that a masons decides to build the same figure before the building of the colosal huge statue of liberty.

In other words this:

is this:

It can only be concluded that down 17 century where such things would be considered heresy and blasphemy by the curch, they could only be introduced into view by secret sociaties such as free masonry.

edit on 18-6-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
In other words this:

is this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac0b8ae6585a.jpg[/atsimg]

sorry, I just don't see it. or are you just basing your findings off the fact that both sculptors were masons?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Above all other evidence we may add:
Another mason decides to build the same persona that was going to be built in large proportions by the french
masons. What a strange coincidence that a masons decides to build the same figure before the building of the colosal huge statue of liberty.

and please, learn the difference between evidence and opinion. One is based on fact with provable sources, the other is your personal ideas. I'll let you figure out which is which.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
You're all sorts of retarded.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

No of course not but by the declaration.

We, the People The Story of the United States CAPITOL published by The United States Capitol Historical society, in cooperation with the National Geographic Society, Washington D.C. The 1964 edition. This references the Statue of Freedom as being the "goddess Freedom" of Rome… i.e. "Libertas".

She is the same icon same figure what do you mean she is not ?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

do you think there was a huge meeting with dozens of writers around all collaborating on what to put in the paragraph you are referencing? Perhaps they were overseen by the top brass of the Illuminati, and a bunch of high level masons! Or, perhaps a guy wrote the paragraph for that article and used that reference because he thought it sounded nice.

Everything is not a conspiracy, and everything is not linked. the two statues look completely different. Their only similarities are that they are standing up. But I will admit that I don't know enough about them to say definitively that they are not the same. Only that they do not look the same, and they don't seem to have any other similarities.

Why are you fixated on masons?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I don't see how this makes argument null. The statue of freedom is the statue of liberty, it's the same icon. She is even called the statue of freedom, and yes she was made by another mason. Same libertas.

en.wikipedia.org...
D.C.. Originally named Freedom Triumphant in War and Peace, official U.S. government publications now state that the statue "is officially known as the Statue of Freedom".[1] The statue depicts a female figure representing Liberty holding a sheathed sword in her right hand and a laurel wreath and shield in her left hand.[2]

It's lady liberty same one, she is named in the official declaration, and her description is the same as you can see. She is a masonic icon adopted by masons.

So a mason does the same thing before the statue of liberty comes to be. 1863 would be the date just before statue of liberty. Another masons doing the same thing. From all the evidence this is just to top it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

if it was meant to be the same thing, why isn't she holding a torch? If they were trying to compete, why isn't this one bigger? Your logic works in mysterious ways. As I said, I don't have any knowledge of this statue, but from all outside appearances, you are grasping at straws bigtime. But hey, I am easily convinced with the right evidence. If you have any, please show it. But your opinion certainly will not sway many.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by pepsi78

if it was meant to be the same thing, why isn't she holding a torch? If they were trying to compete, why isn't this one bigger? Your logic works in mysterious ways. As I said, I don't have any knowledge of this statue, but from all outside appearances, you are grasping at straws bigtime. But hey, I am easily convinced with the right evidence. If you have any, please show it. But your opinion certainly will not sway many.

Well it's simple she is design in a different posture, it's the same Libertas.
What insinuation, you got the official declaration.

As for other things:

The Goddess of Freedom: from Libertas to Lady Liberty

The smaller statue on the US Capitol building.

www.circlesanctuary.org...
As more states were formed in the USA in the 19th and 20th centuries, some of them also chose to include Liberty imagery as part of their iconography. In addition, Lady Liberty images appeared on coins, paintings, stamps, and in sculptures throughout the land, including the colossal bronze Statue of Freedom, which was commissioned in 1855 and in 1863 set on the top of the dome of the US Capitol building in Washington, DC, where it can still be seen today. It is interesting to note that during America's Civil War era both sides claimed Liberty and sought to use Her images to promote their own causes. Among abolitionists, Liberty was depicted freeing slaves, while states rights advocates used Her image to signify independence from the "tyranny" of centralized government. Today, Liberty images are used in connection with a wide range of political parties, candidates, and positions on various issues.

The bigger statue, statue of liberty

The most famous of the Freedom Goddess' American depictions, the Statue of Liberty, was a gift from France to the United States in honor of America's 100th birthday. Originally called "Liberty Enlightening the World," the Statue of Liberty was designed by French Freemason and sculptor Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi with the assistance of engineer Alexandre Gustave Eiffel. The head of Lady Liberty's statue wears a crown with solar rays, similar to the crown on the Colossus of Rhodes, a magnificent monument to the Sun God Helios that once stood astride a Greek harbor and was considered one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. The seven rays on Liberty's crown represent the seven continents and seven seas. The torch Liberty holds in Her right upstretched hand is the Flame of Freedom, and underneath Her feet are broken chains representing overcoming tyranny and enslavement. The tablet Liberty holds in Her left hand is inscribed with July 4, the date of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the birth of the USA as a nation. Her flowing gown is similar in design to depictions of Libertas in ancient Rome.

What do you mean she is not the same one ? How can you say that.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

sadly, you are on another completely wrong tangent.
while it might be fun to watch you flounder around for a while linking insignificant things and making silly statements, I will simply reply with this.

Bartholdi was inspired by French law professor and politician Édouard René de Laboulaye, who commented in 1865 that any monument raised to American independence

source

from your post:

As more states were formed in the USA in the 19th and 20th centuries, some of them also chose to include Liberty imagery as part of their iconography. In addition, Lady Liberty images appeared on coins, paintings, stamps, and in sculptures throughout the land, including the colossal bronze Statue of Freedom, which was commissioned in 1855 and in 1863 set on the top of the dome of the US Capitol building in Washington, DC, where it can still be seen today. It is interesting to note that during America's Civil War era both sides claimed Liberty and sought to use Her images to promote their own causes. Among abolitionists, Liberty was depicted freeing slaves, while states rights advocates used Her image to signify independence from the "tyranny" of centralized government. Today, Liberty images are used in connection with a wide range of political parties, candidates, and positions on various issues.

how is it possible that a statue commissioned in 1855 was made to challenge a statue that wasn't thought of until 1865?

I think you should re-evaluate your position.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

sadly, you are on another completely wrong tangent.
while it might be fun to watch you flounder around for a while linking insignificant things and making silly statements, I will simply reply with this.

Bartholdi was inspired by French law professor and politician Édouard René de Laboulaye, who commented in 1865 that any monument raised to American independence

How does that dismiss the fact that the statue of freedom is the same figure, Miss Libertas. Look at your quote
it does not. Edouard René de Laboulaye is also a mason, it just shows this was a masonic icon.

Since Edouard René de Laboulaye came with the idea to build a statue of the lady liberty, roman libertas, on the other side of the world they came up with the same thing, built a statue out of the same figure, of course built by masons.

from your post:

Yes, and I stand correct.

how is it possible that a statue commissioned in 1855 was made to challenge a statue that wasn't thought of until 1865?

It was no challange, it was deeply imprinted into the secret sociaties as an icon for freedom, liberty from the
church state, freedom from control. As for the evidence it has been provided it's the same persona/figure

I think you should re-evaluate your position.

all I see from you is tricks.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

all I see from you is tricks.

and all I see from you is wild speculation presented as facts.

you need to seriously take a look at yourself here. You have a problem admitting when you are wrong. You are proven to be completely wrong and you claim you stand correct. Seek help.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What do you mean speculations, I have provided infomation. Contrary to speculations I have provided facts.
The statue of liberty and the statue of freadom is the same goddess libertas, lady liberty.

you need to seriously take a look at yourself here. You have a problem admitting when you are wrong. You are proven to be completely wrong and you claim you stand correct. Seek help.

I don't see how I'm wrong, you need to re evaluate your post, it contains nothing that would prove me wrong.
As I said The statue of liberty and the statue of freedom is the same goddess libertas, lady liberty.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It was no challange, it was deeply imprinted into the secret sociaties as an icon for freedom, liberty from the
church state, freedom from control. As for the evidence it has been provided it's the same persona/figure

what secret societies? You keep bringing up the masons here and using that link to justify your paranoid delusions, and then you make statements like this claiming to know all about some deeply ingrained symbol for freedom? Really? And as for your evidence, it is opinion only. The only thing it can be used as evidence of, is that you need help.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

what secret societies? You keep bringing up the masons here and using that link to justify your paranoid delusions, and then you make statements like this claiming to know all about some deeply ingrained symbol for freedom? Really? And as for your evidence, it is opinion only. The only thing it can be used as evidence of, is that you need help.

The statue of liberty is masonic, masons built another version called "the statue of freedom" it's the same figure, same lady liberty.

Your quotes...

What do you mean how is it possible ? Because it was a commun concept among masonry that is how it is possible, as evidence "the statue of freedom" was built before and same figure as "statue of liberty"

The statue of freedom was made also by a mason.

Does this answer your question ?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

What do you mean speculations, I have provided infomation. Contrary to speculations I have provided facts.
The statue of liberty and the statue of freadom is the same goddess libertas, lady liberty.

here is your idea from a previous post. This is where you claim that two mason artists are doing battle using statues of the same person.

So a mason does the same thing before the statue of liberty comes to be. 1863 would be the date just before statue of liberty. Another masons doing the same thing. From all the evidence this is just to top it.

that is from your post above.

I don't see how I'm wrong, you need to re evaluate your post, it contains nothing that would prove me wrong.
As I said The statue of liberty and the statue of freedom is the same goddess libertas, lady liberty.

maybe it's the same person, I don't know, but unless you can show proof of time travel, you are just nuts. as proven above.
edit on 18-6-2011 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

here is your idea from a previous post. This is where you claim that two mason artists are doing battle using statues of the same person.

I did not state that, what battle ? I said Libertas was commun among masonry, so that is why masons built the same thing. First the statue of freedom in the us, then statue of liberty in france, that was a gift to united states, what competition ?

that is from your post above.

Yes meaning it was commun among masons.

maybe it's the same person, I don't know, but unless you can show proof of time travel, you are just nuts. as proven above.

What time travel ? The statue of freedom was built before the statue of liberty.

Competition and battle are your additions, not mine.
They built the same thing because it was an adopted figure in masonry, so different masons from different parts of the world made the same thing, same goddess Libertas (lady liberty) This shows where the idea of the statue came from, it was a masonic idea, since other masons made the same thing.

As evidence you got the proof of the two statues.

To respond in a proper way to you, this was in response to you saying something like: "well it's just masons coincidence that the statue was build and designed by masons" "it was not masonic but masons as idividuals"

So this was in response to show you it was a masonic idea , not just masonic individuals since other masons in united states built the same thing, the "Statue of freedom" showing it was a wide masonic concept and that the idea for the statue of liberty came from masonry.

This along with masons reviewing the stuatue in the lodge, I presented that back in some of my posts.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The statue is Lucifer so yes it is Masonic

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join