It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Statue of Liberty Masonic?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by Version100

It was given by the french free masons, grant orient de france, french masons, they can deny it all they like.

I do not understand the denial.

Masons were proud of those things and that is why they clearly
marked them as Masonic accomplishments...

These guys are acting like they need to quiver in the shadows
anytime Freemasonry is associated with anything, regardless
of context.

Here it is from grand orient us.

www.gomasons.org...
On June 27th, 2008, the Statue of Liberty returned to Paris when the Grand Orient of the United States of America presented the Grand Orient of France with a framed print of the Lady Liberty in New York harbor. This was symbolic of the continued spirit of fraternity that has existed between America and France since the American Revolution.

As in return as it happened, grand oriend of france giving the statue of liberty to the us at that time.
Masons built it, design it, masons gave it to eachother, all in the end with a sparkle of masonic ceremony.
It also makes a clear that masonry at that time was part of the establishment.
edit on 16-6-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It was given by the french free masons, grant orient de france, french masons, they can deny it all they like.

of context.

not at all. I am trying to learn about this. I have no masonic information that the statue was given by the grand orient of France. If it was, then it is definitely masonic. If I can see that in some form of proof, then the mystery is solved. Please understand, I am not trying to deny it, I am trying to prove/disprove it. Because I said so, isn't going to cut it as proof. Does that clear it up?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

of context.

Here it is from grand orient us.

www.gomasons.org...
On June 27th, 2008, the Statue of Liberty returned to Paris when the Grand Orient of the United States of America presented the Grand Orient of France with a framed print of the Lady Liberty in New York harbor. This was symbolic of the continued spirit of fraternity that has existed between America and France since the American Revolution.

As in return as it happened, grand oriend of france giving the statue of liberty to the us at that time.
Masons built it, design it, masons gave it to eachother, all in the end with a sparkle of masonic ceremony.
It also makes a clear that masonry at that time was part of the establishment.

I am afraid that is not how proof works. The US orient gave the French orient a picture. You cannot just say that it was reciprocating because they gave the statue. It has to be written in some history. I am wanting to get proof of this. I would agree with you if I could see this proof. Please make sure you are bringing facts not opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Whatever you got the proof, the statue and not only the statue, but the suroundings are all masonic.

And as for this

Of course they are not going to give the statue back, since they can't take the statue from where it is because it's huge, as it happened in the past grant orient de france giving it to united states, now they are giving it back as a picture, symbolic.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

so where is a paragraph in history that reads::" the grand orient of France gave the US masons the Statue of Liberty" I mean if this is the case, it should be all over history. What I keep finding is I have to look at masonic sources to find information on the designer and the builder being masons. Those same sources should say that the "masons" gave the statue to the US. So far, if I went to just about anyone and claimed that the Statue of Liberty was a gift from the masons and I provided what you have given as proof, I would be laughed at. I am trying to look at this from a conspiracy side and not a masonic side. Trust me, I would like to prove that it is masonic.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

From grand orient de france masonic site.

www.grand-chapitre-godf.org...
C’est par le symbole de la statue d e la Liberté, oeuvre d’un franc-maçon, que se manifeste la fraternité entre nos maçonneries

Translated:
It is the symbol of the Statue of Liberty, the work of Freemasons, as manifested in our fraternity masonry

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

I would love to find proof that would make it masonic. the problem is, masonry itself cannot claim it just because a mason designed it. He designed it as an artist. Just like Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon as an astronaut, not as a mason, although he is a mason. I guess this is something that is harder to explain than I thought.

Your analogy of Buzz Aldrin is not valid.

The Statue of Liberty has a plaque on the base that has the square and compass
(twice) and specifically mentions Freemasons.

How can you say that is not Masonic ?

did you read the plaque? Please do.

AT THIS SITE ON AUGUST 5, 1884, THE CORNERSTONE OF THE PEDESTAL OF THE STATUE OF LIBERTY ENLIGHTENING THE WORLD WAS LAID WITH CEREMONY BY WILLIAM A. BRODIE, GRAND MASTER OF MASONS IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK, GRAND LODGE MEMBERS, REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UNITED STATES AND FRENCH GOVERNMENTS, ARMY AND NAVY OFFICERS, MEMBERS OF FOREIGN LEGATIONS, AND DISTINGUISHED CITIZENS WERE PRESENT. THIS PLAQUE IS DEDICATED BY THE MASONS OF NEW YORK IN COMMEMORATION OF THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THAT HISTORIC EVENT.”

This is talking about the cornerstone, not the statue. It came from the masons of New York. The Grand Lodge. Anything I find stating that the statue if masonic seems to come from anti-masonry sites. I cannot find anything reputable that states this.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

What is your point, there are two masonic compasses there ? It is masonic.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

From grand orient de france masonic site.

www.grand-chapitre-godf.org...
C’est par le symbole de la statue d e la Liberté, oeuvre d’un franc-maçon, que se manifeste la fraternité entre nos maçonneries

Translated:
It is the symbol of the Statue of Liberty, the work of Freemasons, as manifested in our fraternity masonry

this is what I get:

It is by the symbol of the statue d e the Freedom, implementation of a freemason, that manifests the brotherhood among our stonework

it is a symbol of freedom. Implemented by a Freemason, that manifests the brotherhood among our stonework. It says that a freemason made it, that much everyone agrees on. It is a symbol of freedom, we also all agree on that. It doesn't say it was a gift from masons, or that it is masonic in any way.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Argg! Yes there are two compasses on the plaque commemorating the cornerstone. The Cornerstone was layed in a masonic ceremony. Just like lots of buildings are. A masonic ceremony to lay a cornerstone does not automatically make a building masonic. the plaque was given by Freemasons from New York. This is so easy to understand I don't see how you are missing this point.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Argg! Yes there are two compasses on the plaque commemorating the cornerstone. The Cornerstone was layed in a masonic ceremony. Just like lots of buildings are. A masonic ceremony to lay a cornerstone does not automatically make a building masonic. the plaque was given by Freemasons from New York. This is so easy to understand I don't see how you are missing this point.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
youtu.be...

hoocher.com...

Diana the torch bearer, bringer of enlightenment,

Peace out
edit on 093030p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

That is the main plate for the statue, it is at the base so everyone can read it, it's not going to be high on the statue of liberty. Now for the names on the plate.

Calvin G. "Cal" Bond
For the statue and foundation, this means the statue included.

obits.syracuse.com...
Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, honorary member in numerous lodges and chapters, receiving many honors and medals. Cal led U.S. Masons in raising over three million dollars towards refurbishing the Statue of Liberty and presided at the one hundredth anniversary celebration of laying of the cornerstone of the pedestal.

Masons also raised the founds in france it was done with masonic propaganda.

The statue was given by grand oriend de france after it has been funded.

Is it not clear who designed it, built it, financed it ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This stuff will come later, I will make my point with father time and the statue and how the scluptor thought of Ishtar, but for now were debating to who made it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

This stuff will come later, I will make my point with father time and the statue and how the scluptor thought of Ishtar, but for now were debating to who made it.

Yup noticed a long time ago it reminded me of Ishtar, before I ever read anything about its history.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

That is the main plate for the statue, it is at the base so everyone can read it, it's not going to be high on the statue of liberty. Now for the names on the plate.

Calvin G. "Cal" Bond

obits.syracuse.com...
Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, honorary member in numerous lodges and chapters, receiving many honors and medals. Cal led U.S. Masons in raising over three million dollars towards refurbishing the Statue of Liberty and presided at the one hundredth anniversary celebration of laying of the cornerstone of the pedestal.

Masons also raised the founds in france it was done with masonic propaganda.

The statue was given by grand oriend de france after it has been funded.

Is it not clear who designed it, built it, financed it ?

please check out the bold part of your post. Read them before you post them.
I have not seen anything that points to masons funding this, or claiming ownership, or giving it away. Just a mason designed it,and a mason helped build it. Does any of this make sense to you?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The statue is masonic, given by masons, design by masons, built by the masons.
AS for you comenting on the source, I don't know where the problem is.
It states he raised 3 milion dollars for the statue. It's masons rasing founds in the intrest of the statue.

As for who gave it to united states.

You say you don't see how it is masonic, I say I don't see how it's not masonic.
It's not masonic from what point of view ?

There is a tablet placed by the New York committee that commemorates the fundraising done to build the pedestal. The cornerstone also bears a plaque, placed by the Freemasons.

Not just the plate but also other plates bare the masonic inscription.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

dude, seriously. Read those passages. read the first one. Look back to the one I bolded. take a break from reading it, then read it again. After hours of study, it's possible you might start to understand that:

Calvin G. "Cal" Bond raised money for the Statue to be refurbished, not built.

obits.syracuse.com...

look again.

Refurbished.
Etymology
refurbish +‎ -ment
[edit]Noun
refurbishment (plural refurbishments)
The act of refurbishing; renovation
Categories: English words suffixed with -ment | English nouns
.Link to further light in understanding the English Language.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So what it just proves masons taking care of the statue of liberty because it's a masonic symbol,
3 million dollars.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I wonder if you really do understand things and you just purposely try to be so wrong it's pathetic on purpose.

the cornerstone is masonic. The plaque commemorating the cornerstone is masonic. The square and compass on the plaque are masonic. But nothing, I repeat, nothing you have provided shows the statue, nor the funding to build it, being masonic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join