It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Statue of Liberty Masonic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Ksig & Network, i appreciate the well intented responses, i also would just like to say that i didnt mean my points to be put across so bluntly, as if i was attacking either of you & as i stated before iam not one for being anti-mason or mindlessly following anti-mason propaganda & i appreciate your responses.

Ksig, i cannot go and name every single one lol, taht would take many hours of photo gathering and research etc..

For now i will just provide a few links to photos, whether these chaps are 'fake' masons or not, you cant denie they are performing a masonic handshake.

www.thedoggstar.com... Blair

www.thebereanchronicles.com... Ron Paul

www.stylemagazine.com... Obama

2.bp.blogspot.com... Bush Jnr

Unfortunately at this time i cannot find the good pic of Bush snr and Jnr sharing a masonic handshake on 9/11 after bush makes a speech to congress i believe.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLordVeack
I only recently found out that theres another Statue Of Liberty in France!
I thought it was common knowledge that the statue was given to New York by French freemasons after the war of independence... Don't see any conspiracy in that to be honest.

I have found that the designer and sculptor were Freemasons, but I cannot find anything that points to the Statue being a masonic thing. Not in the funding, nor the intention. I think it would be great if it was, and I also would not find a conspiracy there, but another poster mentioned it as if there was definitive proof that it was masonic. I was looking for that proof in order to learn as much as I can about these Statues. I don't want to go around claiming I know stuff and not have the proof to back that up.

So far all that has been seen as proof is a plaque showing the masonic symbol, proving the plaque was donated by the masons.

thanks for the post!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

It was designed and built by masons, what more proof do you want ? It has a square and compass on the main plate. There was a masonic ceremony for the statue after wards. What other elements would you like ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

A handshake doesn't make you a mason. The pope? Bwahaha! You should check out how the Catholic religion feels about masonry as a whole. I'll give you a hint, we have yet to receive a Christmas card from them. People in conspiracy circles will sometimes cling to anything that even remotely points to evidence, and claim absolute proof. In reality, people shake hands like that all the time. You can look up a masonic grip. It is very specific. You can even see if any of them are doing it right. They aren't. If you can find the lodge they were raised at, or anything written down from a masonic event listing them, you would have proof. One thing that masons do is keep records of everything. There are minutes kept from every meeting and everyone must sign in to each meeting. So somewhere, if any of them went to a lodge once, (and they would have to have gone three times at least) you would have some shred of proof that they were secretly masons. But think about it. Anyone who actually is a mason for real, doesn't hide it, they flaunt it. Masonry itself flaunts it. We love talking about famous masons to bring positive light on our group.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

It was designed and built by masons, what more proof do you want ? It has a square and compass on the main plate. There was a masonic ceremony for the statue after wards. What other elements would you like ?

You seem to think that since a mason was involved in it, that makes it masonic. My company is not a masonic company, it's a computer company. My dog is not a masonic dog, she is a puggle. Masonic ceremonies dedicating buildings happens all the time. The white house had several of them. It is not a masonic building. The local bible college is not masonic, yet it has a masonic corner stone. Masonry as a group would have had to vote on donating money to it. From each state. There would be records about that. It would be in our history. Yes masons were involved. Just like Buzz Aldrin walking on the moon, the moon nor the mission to go there was masonic, but he is. Masonry isn't some organization with massive global influence, it is a series of small groups that only can make a difference in their state respectively. The leadership doesn't extend beyond the borders of each state.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

You seem to think that since a mason was involved in it, that makes it masonic. My company is not a masonic company, it's a computer company. My dog is not a masonic dog, she is a puggle. Masonic ceremonies dedicating buildings happens all the time. The white house had several of them. It is not a masonic building. The local bible college is not masonic, yet it has a masonic corner stone. Masonry as a group would have had to vote on donating money to it. From each state. There would be records about that. It would be in our history. Yes masons were involved. Just like Buzz Aldrin walking on the moon, the moon nor the mission to go there was masonic, but he is. Masonry isn't some organization with massive global influence, it is a series of small groups that only can make a difference in their state respectively. The leadership doesn't extend beyond the borders of each state.

Unless all of the things you name above have a commemoration plaque with Masonic
symbols and words that specifically mention Masons your argument has zero validity.

The Statue of Liberty was created and dedicated by Masons, how could it be any
more Masonic ?

It kind of makes me laugh how modern Masons are so vehemently denying things
their forefathers were quite proud of.

Why all of this bizarro deflection and denial, do they teach you to do this in modern
lodges ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I don't see how you can make a point since the very person that design the statue is a mason.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

I would love to find proof that would make it masonic. the problem is, masonry itself cannot claim it just because a mason designed it. He designed it as an artist. Just like Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon as an astronaut, not as a mason, although he is a mason. I guess this is something that is harder to explain than I thought.

edit to add:
The square and compass are the most recognized masonic symbol that has existed. (concerning speculative masonry) If she was holding that instead of a torch, I would say it's a masonic statue, even though "masonry" didn't pay for it. It's meaning would be largely masonic in symbolism.
edit on 16-6-2011 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus has too much beer and won't share

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

What do you mean by that, by designer, by engeniering by financing what aspect are you referring to when saying such things. How is it not masonic ? You do not make a very good point.

Design done by masons
Engeniering (building of the statue) done by masons.
All the financing done by masons (the rest donations not financing)

edit on 16-6-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I don't see how you can make a point since the very person that design the statue is a mason.

one of the guys who built your house is a mason. Does that make your house masonic? What about your car? I am quite sure I could find a mason in the plant that constructed it. Does that make my point clear? Weather you agree with me or not, it would at least be nice if people understood what the hell I mean. maybe I am not explaining this right.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

one of the guys who built your house is a mason. Does that make your house masonic?

To be more clear masons did not build my house, there is no reason they would design, finance and then build my house. Why would they desing my house, pay for it, then build it ?

What about your car?

Same for my car.

I am quite sure I could find a mason in the plant that constructed it.

Sure you can, it was the scluptor.

Does that make my point clear?

I don't see how it can.

Weather you agree with me or not, it would at least be nice if people understood what the hell I mean. maybe I am not explaining this right.

I know what you mean, from the vast elements that are present you are trying to dissasociate it from masonry.

He design the whole statue, the way it looks on the outisde, the aspect, this is the whole statue.

Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi (2 August 1834, Colmar, Haut-Rhin – 4 October 1904) was a French sculptor who is best known for designing the Statue of Liberty.

e joined the Freemasons Lodge Alsace-Lorraine in Paris. In 1871, he made his first trip to the United States, to select the site for the Statue of Liberty, the creation of which would occupy him after 1875.

He even picked the spot.

On December 15, 1875, Bartholdi married Jeanne-Emilie Baheux Puysieux in Newport, Rhode Island. They had no children.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

you keep saying built by the masons. NO, it was built by a mason. It was financed through public donations and lotterys. If you have any proof that masons paid for it, I am all about seeing that, but as it stands, anything I look up has information about the funding being one of if not THE biggest hurdles of the project. Nothing to even hint that "masons" paid for it.

as for your house, I didn't say they paid for it, a mason made the design for it, and a mason built it. You paid for it. You are not a mason. So it your house masonic?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

reply to post by pepsi78

you keep saying built by the masons. NO, it was built by a mason. It was financed through public donations and lotterys. If you have any proof that masons paid for it, I am all about seeing that, but as it stands, anything I look up has information about the funding being one of if not THE biggest hurdles of the project. Nothing to even hint that "masons" paid for it.

as for your house, I didn't say they paid for it, a mason made the design for it, and a mason built it. You paid for it. You are not a mason. So it your house masonic?

Masons payed for the foundation, you got the proof, as I stated all the financing was done by the masons, the rest were donations. The statue of liberty is a masonic art work, and it's not about homes, it's about illumination, enlightment, something represented by the statue of liberty.

In other words a home is a home statue of liberty is something else, my house is no symbol.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

You can't really base your opinion off of photos. I mean the hand gets contorted and can get thrown into any fashion of handshake. There are many Masonic sites that list famous Freemasons out there.

reply to post by pepsi78

The Masons probably did do a cornerstone dedication. I mean, if I was the Grand Master of NY at the time, I would have jumped all over that. Thousands of places have dedication stones. I know several banks in Idaho have a Masonic cornerstone on it and before I deployed I took part in laying a stone for a newly reconstructed school.

This compared to the Great Seal at least can be seen as a Masonic creation. Although, Lady Liberty makes no appearance that I can see; well, maybe as one of the 4 cardinal virtues, but I'd have to really search that and see what the good French Brothers intent was.

I'm sure someone will point it out that having men of such prestige, skill, or ambition is a bad thing.

A cornerstone dedication doesn't mean that structure is Masonic. I'm sure someone could contact the Grand Lodge of NY and ask about the Statue of Liberty. They'd have a record about it all.

reply to post by pepsi78

Were all these men acting as Masons when they proposed this Statue and it being received by the US? Just because these men were Masons doesn't mean they did this for Freemasonry. Our lives don't revolve around Freemasonry 24/7. Not every act is a Masonic act. I mean, I came up with a training project, my Battalion Executive Officer approved it, and someone at the state appropriated the funds for it. All of us were Masons. Does that mean it was a Masonic act? NO.
edit on 16-6-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I would love to find proof that would make it masonic. the problem is, masonry itself cannot claim it just because a mason designed it. He designed it as an artist. Just like Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon as an astronaut, not as a mason, although he is a mason. I guess this is something that is harder to explain than I thought.

Your analogy of Buzz Aldrin is not valid.

The Statue of Liberty has a plaque on the base that has the square and compass
(twice) and specifically mentions Freemasons.

How can you say that is not Masonic ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That picture you posted is a plaque attached to a cornerstone that was dedicated probably by a Grand Lodge. A lot of places have them, but it doesn't mean the entire edifice is Masonic. I've been to dozens of cornerstone laying ceremonies (imagine being in AZ during the summer wearing a tux outside - ugh).

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Now that is the main plate of the statue. The statue is designed by masons, built by masons and financed by masons.

The statue was a gift from Grant orient de france. French masons, how could you say otherwise ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

That picture you posted is a plaque attached to a cornerstone that was dedicated probably by a Grand Lodge. A lot of places have them, but it doesn't mean the entire edifice is Masonic. I've been to dozens of cornerstone laying ceremonies (imagine being in AZ during the summer wearing a tux outside - ugh).

"The corner-stone, as the foundation on which the entire building is supposed to rest, is, of course, the most important stone in the whole edifice"

And you would tell me, the cornerstone does not represent the entire edifice ?
That's 1st degree stuff, mon ami.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

It was given by the french free masons, grant orient de france, french masons, they can deny it all they like.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It was given by the french free masons, grant orient de france, french masons, they can deny it all they like.

I do not understand the denial.

Masons were proud of those things and that is why they clearly
marked them as Masonic accomplishments...

These guys are acting like they need to quiver in the shadows
anytime Freemasonry is associated with anything, regardless
of context.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join