It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real alien/ufo sightings?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
Had a quick flick through and to be honest, it is similair to most other threads regarding alien UFOs. It just turns into an argument

Mine is a simple question that seems to be avoided by most people who love a good conspiracy, wether it be true or false. Why are there no high quality images of alien UFOs, especially if sightings are as common as people say they are?

There are many high quality images of UFO's but who knows if they are alien or not? If you want to see them just look around. They are not hard to find online.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

reply to post by TheFlash

I agree that the military are keeping infornation secret with regards to the technology they have, however this thread isnt about military tech, its about alien tech. I am sure that most of the reported sightings are to do with the military but there is no way it could ever be proven unless they wanted us to know about it. I suppose it goes the same way that if we are being visited by beings from somewhere other than earth, there is no real way the government could prevent us from knowing about it. Sure, if they got hold of info or proof before the general public they could keep it secret, however this doesnt take away from the fact that the general public should be able to get their own clear proof of said activity

Define "clear proof". The thing about skeptics is that when they see images that are not "high quality" they say 'those aren't real - they quality is terrible, you can't tell what it is', and when you show them images that are very clear, close and obviously not conventional craft their response is 'that can't be real. It looks too good.' There is no winning. If you want real answers then spend the time researching the subject yourself and come to your own conclusion. An opinion based on limited information is an uninformed opinion. If you want a good place to start researching, Leslie Kean's book 'UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record' is a good place to start.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
DELETED
edit on 16-6-2011 by TheFlash because: dupicated post for some reason...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

post by 2012king
Why are there no high quality images of alien UFOs, especially if sightings are as common as people say they are?

Yeah UFO sightings are quite common , but those UFO's are generally balloons , lanterns , CGI hoaxes and misidentified rocket launches .
I am of the opinion that real and possibly extraterrestrial UFO sightings are not so common , with maybe decades between sightings of truly anomalous phenomena .

The fact is our best evidence is in documentation , I don't believe any picture no matter how high the quality will ever be accepted as proof , unless it's directly released by a countries military , backed up with radar traces and pilot or witness testimony .
Even then some people will no doubt call it " false flag " disinformation

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by TheFlash

I agree that the military are keeping infornation secret with regards to the technology they have, however this thread isnt about military tech, its about alien tech.

No, we're talking about whether the fact that if something is not recorded or documented in the public domain is that evidence that it doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No we are talking about why there is no really convincing evidence of alien UFO visiting our planet, if indeed they are. There are that many stories of peoples supposed encounters, and also videos of supposed encounters but there is nothing that we know to be fact. I am not here to prove or disprove the existence of them as it isnt possible without full disclosure of what the governments do know, if anything, and without the many secrets that are being kept with regards to the tech they have.
So far there have been a lot of replies, but nobody has actually given a point of view on my original post. All I wanted was other peoples view on the numbers of people who are actively looking for alien UFOs and why people think nothing amazing has been captured yet?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No we are talking about why there is no really convincing evidence of alien UFO visiting our planet, if indeed they are.

Well then I will reiterate since you didn't seem to understand my answer the first time I gave it.

The reason is the same reason that there is no really convincing evidence of highly advanced government and military technology. The powers-that-be go to lengths to control information that relates to "national security". The best way to protect such secret technology is to deny it exists and actively suppress information about it. This would include any potentially advantageous technology recovered from sources outside the nation.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
do you seriously think the government (any) have the manpower and resources to control everything that the general public may find when it comes to UFOs? I am ex military myself so i know secrets are kept with regards to the technology they have for obvious reasons, but i very much doubt that the powers that be would be able to keep secrets that are widely availible to absolutely anybody.... I am talking about alien UFO sightings. Most people seem to think that if an alien craft arrived somewhere in our skies, the government would be the first to notice it, and then cover it up. Sorry but i dont buy into that.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

do you seriously think the government (any) have the manpower and resources to control everything that the general public may find when it comes to UFOs? I am ex military myself so i know secrets are kept with regards to the technology they have for obvious reasons, but i very much doubt that the powers that be would be able to keep secrets that are widely available to absolutely anybody.... I am talking about alien UFO sightings. Most people seem to think that if an alien craft arrived somewhere in our skies, the government would be the first to notice it, and then cover it up. Sorry but i dont buy into that.

Once again, there are plenty of UFO sightings, reports, still photos and videos out there. All the government has to do is go after the really convincing ones. I don't think that aliens tend to parade around people with video cameras and cell phones very often. They are also very good at muddying the waters when reasonably convincing evidence does leak out. They have done a great job over the years of stigmatizing the entire realm of UFOs to the point where no reputable scientist will even consider studying this clearly real phenomenon. Even the average Joe - including many people here, consider those who have had such encounters to be considered kooks. That is the result of intentional programming by the gov't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join