It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GREECE IS FALLING APART: Police Fire Tear Gas On Protesters, Bailout Talks "Deadlocked", Banks Dow

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by wycky
Is it safe to head to Greece?
I am heading there tomorrow night .

Oh yeah its super safe, since your heading here you to will see how ridiculous the main stream media has reported it. On a side note...hope you leave your wife of gf home as its hunting season over here :-)

edit: Are you heading to athens or some island ?
edit on 16-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

Sweet.
Unfortunately Im with my wife :p
Will be in Athens just for 1 night, then doing a 3 day archeological tour of the ancient site then off to myckonos for 4 days

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
The selling off of public property without decent consultation with the people is not right as all it does is benefit the few and the rich who pick up a bargain at the tax payers expense.

Ditto the selling off of council houses. A nice little earner for those in the right place at the right time. And yes I funded those homes, me, the tax payer. But I guess it's OK giving a leg up to the plebs. Even if other plebs are paying for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Is it safe to head to Greece?
I am heading there tomorrow night .

Oh yeah its super safe, since your heading here you to will see how ridiculous the main stream media has reported it. On a side note...hope you leave your wife of gf home as its hunting season over here :-)

edit: Are you heading to athens or some island ?
edit on 16-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

Sweet.
Unfortunately Im with my wife :p
Will be in Athens just for 1 night, then doing a 3 day archeological tour of the ancient site then off to myckonos for 4 days

oh cool..hey..hope your sunglasses are mirrored as you will have wondering eyes..hehe and mykonos is a rage at this time of year...who knows you might even see a hollywood star as they frequently visit there. But hey its very safe no need to fear anything its typical of the media to freak everyone out.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I found this clip that seems to sum up the protests within the last day. It looks like the protesters have been fighting eachother now and throwing moltov cocktails at police. (Im not sure if the protesters have fought eachother in the past)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

I found this clip that seems to sum up the protests within the last day. It looks like the protesters have been fighting eachother now and throwing moltov cocktails at police. (Im not sure if the protesters have fought eachother in the past)

No the protesters are fighting the guys who are throwing the molotov's at the police it took some time but eventually those people who went there to create trouble were ousted from the city square by ordinary people like you and myself. How insane did it get, well as i posted earlier you can view the video or forward it to 0:37, but take extra care and see why they reacted to the police within my embedded video.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by nightbringr

governments work and run when the people are motivated to contribute. I am no longer motivated to contribute to mine. Maybe if I got something back I'd feel different, but since I don't, I will contribute nothing. Even more so, since the government's meddling always results in poison in my life, I'll go out of my way to waste their resources and diminish their presence in my life in any way possible. These aren't government's anyways, they are slave driving tyrannies.

Might i ask what it is you do to survive? Are you completely self-sufficient, do you collect social assistance or do you commit tax fraud?

Unless you answer with the first choice you are a prime example of why things like this happen. Governments should make anyone living of the dole work for it with the exception of those phyisically or mentally incapable. It should never be easier to be on welfare than work a minimum wage job. It allows the lazy and self-serving to leech and contribute nothing. By not contributing yourself, you make everyone work harder and pay more than their fair share.

You may not like the government, but your really screwing everyday people with your misguided sense of self-importance. Grow up.
edit on 16-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ok, maybe it is just me, but I am 44 years old with a good memory of my childhood.
Now I see a lot of times in these economic threads about how spoiled people are these days and how they just won't work, and basically, how everyone is lazy and expects handouts and gets mad if they don't get them and ect., lazy..ect., no good people, ect.

Well I remember an America in which the unemployment rate was a lot better and yes, people did work but they didn't SLAVE- I remember lunches and perks and people getting vacations and new cars every few years and houses paid off in half the time the loans were for. In other words, I remember work being tied to opportunities and HOPE.

These days I see most people that are working - many even 2 jobs at times- to make ends meet-and it all goes to utilities, rent or mortgage, child care- it's just a vicious circle of wage slavery.

The govt. is oppressive in that it won't LET people not participate in the system - IE you want 4 chickens in your back yard? Oh HECK NO, you will buy your eggs at the grocery store because that is the way it is DONE, you WILL adhere TO THE SYSTEM. Don't even think about providing your own self-raised meat. Don't sell your produce or your - don't sell anything without paying THE SYSTEM for some sort of permit. You can't even have a yard sale without paying the govt. first in a lot of places. And entitlements? Like what? Food stamps and unemployment? Oh the horror, oh the expense. Let's start some more wars.

Something is terribly broken. Greece and Spain are in positions that they obviously feel the pain but also they still seem to have the energy and the pride to stand up to it.

It's the banks. It's usury. There's a reason every major religion prohibits it. Is it right that you buy a house in America and need a loan, and you end up paying the bank FOR YEARS before you touch the actual house cost?

And in Greece- now they outlaw cash over 1500 euros? They have to give the banks their share in transaction fees FIRST- then the govt. taxes. Yes, you must pay the system...THE SYSTEM THE SYSTEM THE SYSTEM

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

And in Greece- now they outlaw cash over 1500 euros? They have to give the banks their share in transaction fees FIRST- then the govt. taxes. Yes, you must pay the system...THE SYSTEM THE SYSTEM THE SYSTEM

Yes that is correct any transaction over the 1500 euro mark can only be conducted between the store and the bank, those transaction are then sent to the eforia ( Internal Revenue Service ) to cross reference and see if that money is legitimate. IT has been said that the 1500 mark will drop to 500. What that means is that every single citizen will be cross referenced and taxed no matter what one purchases.

In the recent weeks taxes have imposed on everything, i mean from the gum and soda sold at stores to the nails used to hammer wood. The new identification card that has been heavily promoted with under the disguise of as tax incentive bonus reduction if citizens use it for all transaction has been slowly but steadily advertised throughout the media. Obviously the orthodox church openly defied it as " its the seal of the devil "

Here >>>>>>

But i guess these news never ever made it to the front of the BBC or CNN or FOX and the majority in here have never heard or seen news like this, but have obviously heard of molotovs being thrown at the police right ?. Regardless of what you all think or have obviously chosen as a side based on rational thinking, there is something far more sinister at work and the prize being Greece.

and last but not least if you are able to read the Greek language then i guess this will not be a pleasant video, feel free to cross reference it and view for yourself the reality of what is at hand.

Odyssey Dawn ( Awaiting and preparing for the arrival of the King ), frightening that such an analogy was used to commence what we are all viewing and how it is being spread throughout the world as a mission to "free" people from tyranny. It's been said that the devil's greatest accomplishment is convincing people that he doesn't exist....right ?
Then again, i need to buy my new car, my new computer and all this is mumbo jumbo...or is it ?
edit on 17-6-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Well one thing I never agreed with the Greek Govt about is restricting pagan worship there.
It makes me angry. I'm glad that some Greek pagans have taken to defying that in recent years.
They need true freedom of religion over there.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Well one thing I never agreed with the Greek Govt about is restricting pagan worship there.
It makes me angry. I'm glad that some Greek pagans have taken to defying that in recent years.
They need true freedom of religion over there.

Well i will not agree with you on that, since many of my greek friends worship the ancient gods and they do conduct ceremonies at Mt. Olympus on specific days that hold a great deal of weight for them without any problem, so im not sure as to how or what info you have regarding this.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It has been more of a problem in the past than in recent years. It has been getting better but I still read this or that about persecution of the reconstructionists and pagans there.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

It has been more of a problem in the past than in recent years. It has been getting better but I still read this or that about persecution of the reconstructionists and pagans there.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Like i said i have many friends who worship the Ancient Gods, but a single or sporadic articles do not define the fact they can and do have ceremonies towards the ancients.

Just to point to the most recent and highly viewed ceremonies that everyone is aware of.

The Olympic flame

The Mars Mission a tribute to Zeus

So in my opinion i would not use the BBC as a credible source to point out he flaws of the Greek Orthodox Church or its nation when such events are viewed by billions.

...here is the temple of zeus in the heart of athens,

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well this is off topic, but I don't think that public THEATER is quite the same as true religious tolerance.
Everyone knows the ancient history of the Olympians so no one really considers it pagan worship to light a torch.
As I said, in recent years, it has got much better, with the group public worship at the temple of Zeus some years back breaking a lot of ground. www.paganinstitute.org... If one looks on the myraid pagan sites from years past, you will see ample evidence of it being a struggle for them.
I looked up the Greek constitution once and it really gives the orthodox church a lot of preference.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Well this is off topic, but I don't think that public THEATER is quite the same as true religious tolerance.
Everyone knows the ancient history of the Olympians so no one really considers it pagan worship to light a torch.
As I said, in recent years, it has got much better, with the group public worship at the temple of Zeus some years back breaking a lot of ground. www.paganinstitute.org... If one looks on the myraid pagan sites from years past, you will see ample evidence of it being a struggle for them.
I looked up the Greek constitution once and it really gives the orthodox church a lot of preference.

The reason why the Orthodox Church has preference is because it represents over 90% of its people, but that does not exclude how we feel and pay tribute to our heritage and culture over thousands of years. Let's face it, for a nation of several million who waged wars against in comparison to today's super powers, it successfully survived countless wars and occupation within europe but yet its spirit still remains intact. I did not mean to go off topic but i needed to point out events that are direct links to the ancient's and tribute's. As for the Mars mission one should question why was that event broadcast into space the very moment the mars mission was also being launched, was it a message being sent to who ever was listening indicating " we come in peace " , one wonders the motives behind nasa and the greek government as to the true reason, something i guess we will never learn.

Back to topic.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
if the people have the time and money to engage in this riotious behavior... then they are not as desperately poor and downtrodden as it is assumed.

but.... the banksters (the blood sucking squid characturew popularized by 'Rolling Stone' articl;es)
like JPM or GS are the ones that created the mess... the Greek leadership was in conspiracy with the banksters from the git go... to hide their 'debt' and project a respectable balance sheet for EU inclusion...

? Where are the terminator Anarchists...instead of riot engaged vandals... hey, the internet can probably tell the nmasses just where the perps hare hiding in their feathered nests while the burden get laid on the workers backs...

bring-it-on-down...♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ - ♫ ♫ - - ♫ ♫ - -- - ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I guess everyone is so fixated on the I.M.F. and the Euro that they have failed to realize that they are not the only ones who are able to loan and loan with a smaller interest rate.

Do you really think more loans are what they need? Why is everyone solutions to economic difficulty to throw more money on it? Borrowing money and not excersizing fiscal restraint is what got them into this, not some grand, overreaching NWO conspiracy.

Conspiracies are a wonderful tool for deflecting the blame from the real culprits to anyone or everyone else. So easy to say the elite, jews, NWO, or anyone else is responsible. And without ever providing a lick of real proof, suddenly the blame is averted and the hands of those responsible are clean in the eyes of the gullible masses.

They need to balance their budget. Why on earth would anyone think they need to continue on as they are? Their system is broken and needs replacing. I would suggest that a law should be passed requiring balanced federal budgets within 5 years. Defaulting and go the other way is irresponsible and criminal. They got themselves into this mess, why make other countries pay for it?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

I guess everyone is so fixated on the I.M.F. and the Euro that they have failed to realize that they are not the only ones who are able to loan and loan with a smaller interest rate.

Do you really think more loans are what they need? Why is everyone solutions to economic difficulty to throw more money on it? Borrowing money and not excersizing fiscal restraint is what got them into this, not some grand, overreaching NWO conspiracy.

Conspiracies are a wonderful tool for deflecting the blame from the real culprits to anyone or everyone else. So easy to say the elite, jews, NWO, or anyone else is responsible. And without ever providing a lick of real proof, suddenly the blame is averted and the hands of those responsible are clean in the eyes of the gullible masses.

They need to balance their budget. Why on earth would anyone think they need to continue on as they are? Their system is broken and needs replacing. I would suggest that a law should be passed requiring balanced federal budgets within 5 years. Defaulting and go the other way is irresponsible and criminal. They got themselves into this mess, why make other countries pay for it?

As person who has invested into Greece and loosing money every day the fact is that there is simply no money circulating within the country, it has and honestly been locked down within the banks when although money was supplied by the running government to inject it into the economy no such move was done, well a small portion was not enough. When i say there is simply no money circulating i literally mean that. Do you think my visit over here is as a tourist.

The Greek cabinet has changed and more loans will be handed over, but i agree that this is not the answer, nor is imposing more taxes on an already dead economy the solution. As for who is to blame, myself, i blame the former party who was running the show for six years and never breathed a word regarding the mess that the nation was in, instead it chose early election knowing to well that it would loose and hand over the government to the current leader. That's who i blame..! . For six f...ing years and not a word regarding the defecit or any form of indication that cuts were needed, jpm and leeman both knew the situation of greece but they to kept silent, so the effects of if and when greece folds will not be confined to europe alone, it will have a ripple effect that will embrace the u.s. and not only. Keep in mind since we all enjoy the comforts and profits of a global economy then we all must accept the price to pay when one economy sneezes and the rest are at risk of catching a cold.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

See the pattern?
No transactions over 1,500..........500......then what 5 euros?
------------------------
The idea is to harness the underground economy.
---------------------
The devil must be laughing his head off.
Look at these losers. This is too easy.

---------------------
Apparently, step 1 of the plan is create a bunch of spoiled rotten government workers.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

That post i agree with 100%.

Star.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

See the pattern?
No transactions over 1,500..........500......then what 5 euros?
------------------------
The idea is to harness the underground economy.
---------------------
The devil must be laughing his head off.
Look at these losers. This is too easy.

---------------------
Apparently, step 1 of the plan is create a bunch of spoiled rotten government workers.

But this same measure is slowly unfolding throughout europe. Young people regardless of what country they are from are avoiding to create new family's as the cost to maintain one is beyond their ability, thus the decline of " new blood " within europe is inevitable and as such the age of retirement is increasing as it was also announced in the u.k. People may assume that Germany is footing the bill for this bailout but has anyone sat back to think at how much of a profit Germany is actually making imposing these restriction's. It is in reality a street thug at the expense of another nations population. I was under the assumption that the eurozone members were to help and protect one another with the least amount of harm, so why is it everything possible is being done with the blessing of the German capitol to impose laws upon a nation that simply will fold unless something beyond its control happens, lets say the people themselves revolt against the banks, politicians and so forth.

It seemed like only last week when in the U.S. we were hammered by a similar situation within the economy but yet the boys in the ivory tower were being rewarded multimillion dollar bonuses....do you remember that ?, i cant seem to recall if 500,000 thousand people camped outside the white house for days on end stressing their disgust, well that is what is happening here ! , people are simply disgusted, they believe noone and they simply want to jail those who approved such legislation for treason against the state. That is about the real sentiment of those who are camped outside the parliament building in greece. This issue will not go away simply by changing faces in power, these people want to taste blood and make sure that message is sent far and wide.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join