It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 90% of ATS Don't Have it That Bad at All!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'd give it all up in a heart beat to be FREE we are all but prisoners in our society's.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think you got it backwards dude. We have to complain, are ancestors complained and fought to give us this so called "liberty". Because if we dont then we will be like those other countries were they cant complain or else they get punished or killed.
So ur telling me all that effort my grandparents and their parents put complaining to their government and president how "a$$holes" they are so we could live with rights and liberty, your telling me to throw all that out the window.

Your basically telling us to give up on all are the hard work that put us in these countries where you say "we have it easy". NO ONE has it easy, everyone has problems. you only call it easy because we got a little bit more thats all. your comparing a Lion to a turtle.

We got free medicare and fresh Water because we complained and fight for it.police and military complain people complain also. Low murder rates
are you kidding me, the USA, the most "powerful country", has one of the most dangerous cities.

How may people got murdered in the middle east by these cool countries? and besides alot of people dont murder because they know they will get caught so they rape or beat them up. I dont see how my standard of living shouldnt be complained about just because its betters than somebodies in congo.

Dont get me wrong though im happy wit what i have. but lets get real hear just because i have a better house than somebody in congo doesnt mean im safe and it cant be taken away from me. Its not like all of us can just leave to africa and help those people their because we can lose everything over here.

in other words the world isnt perfect, if it was we wouldnt complain. we will only complain on how perfect it is

edit on 15-6-2011 by HisMajesty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
our goal as humans shouldn't be nor isn't a near perfect society, or a not so bad society. it should be a perfect society, even if it is impossible.

you wouldn't renovate your living room and spend thousands of dollars, and be happy or not complain there is pile of dog sh-t in the middle of the room.

you would clean it, not say, oh well the rest of the living room is nice.

so it is our duty to do as much as possible to reach our goal, not remain complacent, or grateful the rich and elite allow us a few crumbs.

edit on 15-6-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
”From Bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty; liberty to abundance; abundance to complacency; complacency to apathy; apathy to dependence;• and dependence back into bondage.” -Francis Tytler

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

LOL well said

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Ahhh complacency, welcome to the sheep mentality defined.

No, accepting things as "not that bad" is not an acceptable viewpoint, it is the enemy of liberty.

”From Bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty; liberty to abundance; abundance to complacency; complacency to apathy; apathy to dependence;• and dependence back into bondage.” -Francis Tytler

Yes to this guy !

everythign he said ! damn straight "not that bad" is not an acceptable viewpoint lol

edit on 15-6-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Our problems are mostly the results of bad parents and poorly run schools. To even go hungry here you must want to go hungry. I was homeless for a short time in the 1980's and found out I could sleep in a bed every night and eat as often as five times a day, not to mention free tokens for the bus to find work, clean clothing and kind people at charities that let me use them as an address and use their phone numbers. Those who say otherwise are damn liars.

Wow, don't even know where to start...the old "if your poor/hungry/sick/homeless/etc. it's your own damn fault because in this country *everyone* has an opportunity"....aside from the fact that you are assuming your experience magically translates to everyone else...it also seems that the majority of people whom I hear espousing comments like this have had the luck to be born both white and male and are thus free from much of the socio-economic injustices that other oppressed demographics must deal with. The fact is, poverty is a cycle, most born into poverty, stay in poverty. Is that their fault? That the "luck" of a person's birth determines where they go in life? Would you blame the millions of children that go to bed hungry each night for their own poverty? Currently, where I live, in NYC an entire one third of all children are living in poverty, you honestly think that there's enough "charity" out there that will feed all these mouths? Fact is, the "american dream" has long been dead, and upward economic mobility is extremely rare...yet still, people in the upper echelons like to hold up images of Obama et. al and state "see, if he can do it than all black people should be able to...those who don't make it, must just be lazy, the must want to be poor!" It perpetuates this idea that poor people, black people, single mothers, the disabled, are nothing more than lazy social undesirables whose predicaments are their own "damn faults" rather than a carefully constructed narrative designed to perpetuate a social system where elites "divide and conquer" the "ignorant masses" so that we will continue fighting with each other over scraps and blaming each other for being "leeches on society" (simply for needing food stamps or medical care) while the other top 10% hoard 80% of all the wealth (pointing and laughing at all of us the entire time, hoping that we never 'notice' them). Look at reality, and the numbers, people like Obama are an anomaly...yet these elites desperately need us all to buy into the idea that "anyone can make it!", "anyone can become rich", "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps", "it's all about the individual" in order to keep the whole facade going. The sad fact is, that in 'this' America, if you are born into poverty, you will die in poverty, we no longer live in a "meritocracy"...people living in poverty can toil away for decades at minimum wage jobs working 70 hours a week and still never move up the economic ladder...and more and more it's becoming a race to the bottom for everyone else. The middle class is disappearing, the ranks of the poor is growing larger by the day...and no amount of rosy thinking ("there's plenty of charities to help poor people") or paternalistic type attitudes ("pull yourself up by your boot straps") will change that fact. I suppose that the poor/homeless/unemployed and otherwise "undesirable" members of society make easy targets, they don't have the resources or political clout to fight...so they become the scapegoats...most love to blame them for the ills of this country...until we're all down there with them, maybe then people will start looking up at whose been pulling the strings this whole time.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
wat in the world are you smoking? you obviously need to get out more often. I hope what you meant is 90% of ATS members dont have it bad cuz all they do is sit on their asses in front of the computer munchin on fritos.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think what OP is trying to say,

Is the cup half full ?

Or is it half empty ?

Or did I completely miss his point.

I was in my recliner with my wireless mouse. I had the Surround Sound

turned up to eleven. After the back vibrator quit I almost spilled my beer.

Lucky this couch is leather. I almost burnt it. It's smokey in here.

I can barely see my Big Screen.

edit on 15-6-2011 by whyamIhere because: pre 98 bubba

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's a human nature to pursue hapiness,most of the people will heart others while doing so.
Human is the problem,for example mother will protect her child no matter what,even when she is a very gentle person who never heart anyone will kill anyone who try to heart her child.
What we need is a god,someone who will punish us when we steal,kill, god who cannot be bribed or anything like that.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

What does murder being punished have to do with anything? That doesn't bring the dead people back or take back that the crime was committed.
edit on 6/18/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join