It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Grand Prix - What A Race!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Did anyone see last Sundays Grand Prix? What a race that was! more importantly though Vettel lost a race!

This season is going to be a climactic one i think, thanks to the new pirelli tires.

What does ATS make of this season? Also, who will win?
My imaginary bets are of vettel but i am supporting the top two British drivers, L.Hamilton and J.Button and i shall be keeping an eye on P.D.Resta.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I'm thinking Button's going to go on a roll mate. Its about time really though aint it? He's had rubbish cars for I don't know how long.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If the blown diffuser stays as it is, then Vettel is WC 2011.
Luckely FIA wants to ban the engine mapping starting from Silverstone . RBR would loose over 8tenth a lap.

Jenson Button was the man of the race. From last to first in the last lap.
Great drive of Michael Schumacher. In the wet he was faster then Vettel and was creeping up his ass.
Shame the track got dry, and Michael had to defend Webber and Button.
What a difference of speed between the frontrunners and Mercedes Gp.

What I didn't like was the rolling start, and all those laps behind the safety car. In the old days, it was go in any condition.

Hamilton has to adjust his fantastic driving style, and learn to control his ability. He is damaging his image. (probably because Rihanna was visiting him)

Lets hope for a wet/damp Valencia

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The Massa/Kob photo finish

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The hamilton Button incident

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The button/ Alonso incident

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Loved the GP, and becasue of the rain delay, I actually got to see most of it

I think tht the introductions of Pirelli tyres have breathed new life into what was becoming a boring sport, however there seems to havebeen an attempt in the last few races to increase the amount of laps the drivers get from them. If this hapens they would have been better just to allow Bridgestone to continue.

I would like to see the more tyre manufacturers allowed to participate again, and especially Michelin (who I work for
) to allow for more competition and for the refueling to return allowing for much more diversity of strategy.

As for the championship, sorry but Vettel has his name already engraved on the trophy and unless something major happens to him, then he will win it. I think Hamilton has become a bit reckless over the last season or so and although Button has done fairly well, I just dont see anyone but Vettel winning.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

I saw it, fell asleep (grrrr) and when i woke up the race started again (awesome). The race was stopped because of the rain, i didn't miss a thing.
My bets are on button. As for Hamilton, He will crash hard. Saw the stuff he pulled in Canada, almost taking out his own team mate. He is starting to annoy me.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
If the blown diffuser stays as it is, then Vettel is WC 2011.
Luckely FIA wants to ban the engine mapping starting from Silverstone . RBR would loose over 8tenth a lap.

I din't know that, thanks! If it gets banned it really will be an epic season!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Here is the top 11 drivers points table

1 Sebastian Vettel 161
2 Jenson Button 101
3 Mark Webber 94
4 Lewis Hamilton 85
5 Fernando Alonso 69
6 Felipe Massa 32
7 Vitaly Petrov 31
8 Nick Heidfeld 29
9 Michael Schumacher 26
10 Nico Rosberg 26
11 Kamui Kobayashi 25

All the rest have less than 10 points.
edit on 15/6/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
All you guys are noobs. Vettel is clearly in control of the championship. Do I have to remind you guys that if it wasn't for Vettels mistake there is no way Button would have caught him in time. Cheap win for Button. All I know is that Button was lucky not to be docked points too. You all know it. number of instances. I have been watching F1 for almost over 20 years and that was the worst Montreal Grand prix I have ever seen.

Started under rolling start. stopping for rain would have made Senna roll over in his grave. Not to mention Hamilton absolutely screwing it up and Webber having the worst pit crew in the business.

Did anyone else wonder why Webber pitted behind Vettel just before the raced stopped. if they left Webber out. Webber would have been first for the restart.

Over the years Webbers strategists have always made blunders.

Monaco back when he was in he Williams. Lap traffic wouldn't move over for laps, yet no one from there team get stewards to do anything. Lost massive amount of time and then car blew up stuck behind slower traffic.

Last year in Spa, Hamilton doesn't pit stays out and loses 16 secs next lap due to conditions. Webbers pit crew out in pit as Webber comes through Bus Stop before pit yet keeps going and loses the same amount of time. Webber should have pit but didn't.

Then I see what happened here in Montreal and I say pay me the six figure salary to sit there and make strategy calls. Because it's a joke.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OnlyLove

Were you watching the same race? Button slow out of corner cuts across Hamiltons overtaking move. Please reassess your understanding of F1.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
fantastic race,button like monaco was catching vettel & i thought he was going to run out of laps after the long,long,long red flag incident but he didn't thankfully,get on JB.
i think if vettel won that race the title would be over already,he's still miles ahead but at least he's shown he's human & makes mistakes.
canada is my favorite & i'm a bit annoyed it was so messed up but we got a race in the end which was exciting,hamilton is just going through a bad patch that all drivers go through at some point,his is coming early in his career thats all.

new topics

top topics

join