It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China accuses US of starting global internet war, promises retaliation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yeah this is gonna end well... not.

China is paranoid... or are they?

And ``funny`` that the Pentagon just changed their rules of engagement, saying that if they are attacked in a major way through internet it will be seen as an act of war?

The elite really wants WW3... it already started on the net.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Let the hacking games begin

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Well in my simply opinion we are already in the midst of economic and technological warfare why not add cyber warfare to the list along with the many *cough* police actions..

China and the rest of us should be worried this will burst at the seams and really spill into the real world.

But what choices have those in charge really have left themselves? It is almost as tho that is their end game.

edit on 15/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
yes we did

now what are any of you going to do about it

it is in our current agenda for needing internet control

did you not get our cyber space policy papers

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
" Hey Anonymous, go out there and show them how it's really done ! "

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Not very familar with that source. NTD news?

I just thought the video was very funny. This is a perfect example of how the media is only interested in keeping people living in a state of fear.

The reporter is talking about how the chinese authorities have promised retaliation against google. They have not specified what the measures would be. Commentators are taking these treats seriously. Commentators ? what.

While the reporter is speaking about this retaliation they show pictures of chinese military/police unloading from trucks in riot gear. Are they suggesting China's troops are going to invade google HQ? This is just a little silly.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Sorry but my experience of the world makes it seem completely improbable that ANY nation is not trying to hack into other nations secure data, knowledge is power and all countries want to access that knowledge

China will be hacking the US, UK, Russia, Korea and on and on it goes, just as the US, the UK Russia will all be doing the same

The only reason this is making the news is because somebody wants it to, that's what we really need to know, who is pushing the news about it and what is their ultimate aim, no doubt the real motive is more restriction and control on the internet, just to protect us from those nasty Chinese hackers...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
What I would like to know ?? Why is all the crap on the shelves in the shop are made in China ? Is this just pure madness ? Lets all stop supporting this country ! Buy home made FOOLS !!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Does anyone remember a tool used by governments called Diplomacy?

Clearly many of our top politicians have had this world totally erased from their brains. Having watched some of the crass behaviour, blatant lying, sharp practice and then the skullduggery played upon the public by the media, I think the entire world needs a backwards shunt, to when a problem was discussed by diplomats first before its outcome becomes the trigger for public anxiety. That's not hiding things, its the art of dealing with a chronic problem before the public become acutely aware of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

China got filthy rich off of their cheap goods. Now they are sitting on a nice nest egg, and are done with America, and wish to take over as a superpower.
I see them trying to provoke the States into throwing the first punch and then it'll be all out war..
It would be stupid of America to even think they could take out China, but I wouldn't put it past em...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Every time I see the following terms:

-Cyber Attack
-Cyber War(fare)
-Internet War(fare)
-Electronic War(fare)

Or any of it's offshoots, it all translates to one thing.

Control of the Last Free Zone.

There is no actual Cyber threat. Almost anything of real value is on closed networks.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Sorry but my experience of the world makes it seem completely improbable that ANY nation is not trying to hack into other nations secure data, knowledge is power and all countries want to access that knowledge

China will be hacking the US, UK, Russia, Korea and on and on it goes, just as the US, the UK Russia will all be doing the same

The only reason this is making the news is because somebody wants it to, that's what we really need to know, who is pushing the news about it and what is their ultimate aim, no doubt the real motive is more restriction and control on the internet, just to protect us from those nasty Chinese hackers...

Well said

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Are you willing to pay triple what you currently are for goods? Because thats what will happen if you buy locally.

There is a reason everything is made in China. Because they can do it cheaper than anyone else. They have the labour pool etc

So unless you are willing to put your money where your mouth are you better thank God for sweat shops and factories.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So...wikileaks was mentioned in the vid as confirming the cyber-attacks came from China. Seems yet another great job of these "leaks" supporting the gubmints rhetoric and foreign policy.

Yeah: China continues to make their move for #1 very public and in many arenas. We're gonna be at each others throats sooner or later. I don't wanna be Chinese, er ahem, at least not a Chinese national. lol:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Every time I see the following terms:

-Cyber Attack
-Cyber War(fare)
-Internet War(fare)
-Electronic War(fare)

Or any of it's offshoots, it all translates to one thing...

And it can all be categorized as spying, which is certainly nothing new. Only now, the agents don't have to be on foreign soil. They can do their dirty deeds remotely. Why does that suddenly make spying an act of war? Spies have been found out and punished/deported for eons, with no one calling their tactics an 'act of war.' Countries don't hide the fact they have Intelligence-gathering organizations. If spying (either in the flesh or virtually) were an act of war, then simply having a spy organization or a spy satellite should be banned as a threat to national security, based on that reasoning.
edit on 6/15/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by demoncleaner
reply to post by bjsmi2

Are you willing to pay triple what you currently are for goods? Because thats what will happen if you buy locally.

There is a reason everything is made in China. Because they can do it cheaper than anyone else. They have the labour pool etc

So unless you are willing to put your money where your mouth are you better thank God for sweat shops and factories.

I already do pay triple to avoid the cheap, lead infested goods most of the time. Made in China means Bad for US.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The Chinese military accused the U.S. on Friday of launching a global "Internet war" to bring down Arab and other governments, redirecting the spotlight away from allegations of major online attacks on Western targets originating in China.

The accusations Friday by Chinese military academy scholars, and their urging of tougher policing of the Internet, followed allegations this week that computer hackers in China had compromised the personal Gmail accounts of several hundred people, including government officials, military personnel and political activists.

www.foxnews.com...

Very interesting times.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i'm sorry but since when attack on google is an attack on any country?
did Japan declare cyber war on U.S. after sony hacks?

and how someone from China attacking google is pissing off CHINA?

i do not get what this topic is about ....

the only attack i'm 99% sure was made by any government was attack on Iran with Stuxnet

Even msm cought some clues...

Behind Dimona’s barbed wire, the experts say, Israel has spun nuclear centrifuges virtually identical to Iran’s at Natanz, where Iranian scientists are struggling to enrich uranium. They say Dimona tested the effectiveness of the Stuxnet computer worm, a destructive program that appears to have wiped out roughly a fifth of Iran’s nuclear centrifuges and helped delay, though not destroy, Tehran’s ability to make its first nuclear arms.

thats a quote from : NYtimes article

new topics

top topics

join