It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina 2011: Strange Angel and UFO?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Interesting catch !

Too bad it's so blurry. I would say that the object moving left to right is a bird. Kinda reminds me of all these birds that James Gilliland tries to pass as UFOs. The stationary object...no idea. Having no idea of the distance or height of the object it's almost impossible to identify the size of it. It could then be anything.

Jaime Maussan would have a field day if he gets his hands on this...

S&F as I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what others are saying.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I saw this being video being discussed on another forum, it seems pretty legit so far...I'm interested to see what other people say and if it could be something common. I hope it's not something common though
Oh and TOA...looks like you get another sf from me haha.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
basically he's saying that he received a call around 11:30pm from air security that there are strange lights in the sky.

he then used his security camera to look around and right in front of him he saw the strange lights.

the reporter then asks him if there is anyway to manipulate the images and he says no. legally and with the equipment they have it's impossible.

so this sighting has multiple independent witnesses and a video recording.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
The Mexican government seems to be very open about extraterrestrial encounters, and this reflected in their media as well. I've seen video of these "angels " before. Sometimes they are referred to as interdimensional ships (dont quote me). What ever the vessel is, it def does not seem terrestrial.

S & F ... Lets find out what this is !

Nothing to do with Mexico, it's in Argentina brother. Huge difference.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I know spanish 100%.

The translation included in your post is good, no need another one. Al details are explained so far.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Looks to me to just be a moth or something similar. At the start of the vid, you see a moth under a light, then its zoomed in on this one so far its just too distorted to be able to determine much. But I'd say insects are most likely...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I've been fascinated by sprites since I first learned about them decades ago. While it resembles them, you can usually only see them from hundreds of miles in the atmosphere. There has never been reports of seeing them from the ground. I'm not saying it's impossible, just never reported. Good call, though!

/TOA

i recall seeing a video made by soldiers in iraq that filmed sprites from the ground

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I saw this when it aired (I'm Argentinian). Channel 9 always has this type of news, one of their shows (called Bendita) always shows clips about the moon landing and they discuss why they think it's fake.

There are a lot of reports just like this one and the news crew is always there all day. There was even an alledged UFO live during one of these reports:

And in this music clip, also filmed in Ituzaingo:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've been fascinated by sprites since I first learned about them decades ago. While it resembles them, you can usually only see them from hundreds of miles in the atmosphere. There has never been reports of seeing them from the ground. I'm not saying it's impossible, just never reported. Good call, though!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by j3tlif3

what?????
you have just repeated word for word an earlier post by 'the old american'
word for word
whats that all about???
brain not working? no original thoughts of your own??
can you explain this please

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge

Originally posted by j3tlif3

what?????
you have just repeated word for word an earlier post by 'the old american'
word for word
whats that all about???
brain not working? no original thoughts of your own??
can you explain this please

I'm flattered that I'm so quotable!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Aww... you quotable son of a gun you

On topic, this sprite concept is rather fascinating and new to me. The images during the video are pretty darn cool also, hence my checking into this thread to see what the heck gets discussed here

My initial thought of the image was Tinkerbell.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by forall2see

Aww... you quotable son of a gun you

On topic, this sprite concept is rather fascinating and new to me. The images during the video are pretty darn cool also, hence my checking into this thread to see what the heck gets discussed here

My initial thought of the image was Tinkerbell.

For all I know it's the first salvo in the war between Yahweh and the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Still a cool vid! Thanks for the comments.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's the flying spaghetti monster.
May his noodley appendage illuminate your soul.

lol.

elsmar.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

I think you're confusing extraterrestrial spaceships or high-tech, secret government technologies with your religious book of fairytales.

I don't think it's very likely that strange lights in the sky are "Satan impersonat[ing] Christ's return", in fact I find that explanation borderline delusional and a little insane. I think a spaghetti-monster is responsible for this spaghetti-monster UFO!

When Jesus returns, I'll be the first to call and apologize, but until then, your theory is plain wacky.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It could be plasma ...... en.wikipedia.org...(physics)

fusedweb.pppl.gov...

Here's some pics...

www.google.com... 12292l14882l0l9l6l1l0l0l0l203l593l2.2.1l5

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Is he going to be coming with the tooth fairy too? Physics apparently is not important to you eh? Apparently logic isn't that big in your thoughts either eh?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
When Jesus returns, I'll be the first to call and apologize, but until then, your theory is plain wacky.

Besides mention your already usual offensive references to religion that already labeled you, I have one more thing to add :

When Jesus returns, there won't be a chance to apologize. Everybody who knows that topic, is aware of that.

Now you can go ahead with more posts that will make you look like this one, or simply apologize now (I don't think you can).

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Satan will try and impersonate Christ's return and he will appear in different places of the world showing great wonders and signs. Please do not be deceived.

If anyone has to say to you, "look, Jesus has returned", then you know it is false, because the Bible says EVERY eye will see Christ return at the second coming.

Thank you OP for posting this video for all to see.

As a christian, I wouldn't want to be considered biased. Honestly brother, there is no demon or angel in those videos. Anyway, your point of view is interesting and deserve respect if considered not linked to this thread in particular.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
WTF! That´s the evidence we need to convince the sceptics right there and nothing of it made the front page?
No, Jose Escamilla is a known hoaxer, so the skeptics only laugh when you try to use anything he says as evidence. H'es done some really crazy sh...I mean stuff, like processed pictures of the moon through photoshop so the craters looked different, then claimed the craters were flying saucers. All the skeptics can do is shake their head.

Did anyone tried to debunk this or do they just ignored it because it was to difficult?
There's a clue about what the UFO is, and I think one poster may have guessed it:

Originally posted by Qumulys
Looks to me to just be a moth or something similar. At the start of the vid, you see a moth under a light, then its zoomed in on this one so far its just too distorted to be able to determine much. But I'd say insects are most likely...

Yes and look at the end of the video at 2:56, you see two long streaks in the upper right hand corner. This is indicative of some kind of flying insect going past the light when the camera has a relatively long shutter speed. It's too blurry to say exactly what kind of flying creature it is, but if it was a moth I'd expect to see a little fluttering of the moth's wings perhaps. Other insects have more transparent wings that might not show up as well as a moth's wings. So the fact we see bugs at the beginning and the end of the video should be a hint that the "UFO" in the middle might also be a bug.

Regarding the stationary "angel", I don't think that's a bug.

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

GG:- no, since i started working here i work in the night shift, I was talking with my colleagues about that, and helicopters or planes are constantly moving and have red lights.
What does he mean helicopters are constantly moving, I see both helicopters and planes appear to hover all the time. The helicopters actually do, the planes only appear to hover.

We need more information about how long the object hovered there, if it only hovered as long as we see in the video, it could have been a plane. If you're thinking of telling me planes don't hover watch the video:

There are at least two things to note in that video relative to the OP video.
First, planes can appear to hover. This happens most often if they are traveling toward you or away from you.
Second, note how the image recorded by the camera at high magnification bears little resemblance to the actual shape of the object. This is an important lesson for all videographers using high zoom, especially of lights in the nighttime sky.

Originally posted by The Old American
I believe that sprites usually last for hundredths of a second or so. Not long enough to just hang around and change colors. Again, not saying it's impossible that this is a sprite, just unlikely.
It's unlikely enough to where I'd be tempted to use the word impossible. Sprites are real but I doubt they explain many UFO sightings, unless the footage is from the space station perhaps, and even then it's just a brief flash.

Maybe some other electrical discharge of some sort? I really don't know. It's like nothing I've ever seen.
I've seen that "electrical" shape before, it's probably from contamination on the lens (or the glass cover over the lens if it has one) like dust, combined with the use of high magnification of a light at night, which is perfectly consistent with a security camera. Probably any light they aim the camera at and zoom in that much will have that "electrical" appearance, it doesn't mean it's electrical, it means they need to clean the lens. Look at this example:

"Pyramid in Sky? I Hope It's Just a Dirty Camera Lens! Moon, February, 2011"

See the light at the bottom at the very beginning, all that misty appearance around it and some artifacts? The light doesn't really look like that, that's just the way it showed up on video.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join