It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Companies Shutting Down Internet Pirates Across the World.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
24 Jun 2010
www.techeye.net...

Mar 20th, 2011
www.mosesavalon.com...

June 06, 2011
torrentfreak.com...

The raids, which involved 250 police and other authorities tackling 42 locations in Germany, Spain, France and the Netherlands, followed an intensive investigation carried out by the Hollywood-backed anti-piracy group GVU. The main suspect is said to have been detained in Leipzig and another arrestee in Spain. One individual is still at large (possibly the admin of cyberlocker service, unconfirmed) and another has since been released. As of Thursday evening, reports suggested the rest remained in custody.

My personal view: I come from the time when z was used instead of an s to keep your operation hidden. When your yahoo briefcase gave you a month of sharing. I've cashed checks off software I didn't make. I left this world when I was 18, and figured out I could make just as much money working at McDonald as I could uploading, and the fact that you have human interaction makes the boring ass job allot less tedious. I don't intend to be pro pirate, though I will say that TPTB will never stop us. I am how ever bothered by the fact that a gathering of worthless scum from America can use their financial powers to shut down servers in other countries, especially in the Netherlands.

A message to TPTB- You can't stop it. You're willingness to put so much money forward to the cause is proof of your weakness, Overhead cost is not an issue, World Governing is. It will not be tolerated.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spiderbadarse

I thought they couldn't do a damn thing where American law doesn't apply? I remember them trying to do that to pirate bay and since they are in Europe somewhere nothing was done? or something along those lines.HERE

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

USA USA USA

god thats getting old...
why cant you all be more like china?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's not America acting, its Germany acting through America through American media companies. Read it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
A major part of this campaign is foreigners watching American tv shows with out paying for it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

oh boohoo, im sure it gives them terminal illness.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

We are supposed to pay for that?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Yeah, I love the infinite ways of making money online. Most think "Making money on the computer? yeah, hourly maybe" but all you have to do is piece the puzzle and collect your dough.

I made a thread on ATS that explains how money is made through just viewing a webpage and telling a few white lies.

I'm 18 now, and have been making more money than both parents combined since 16. Don't get me wrong, it's more time consuming than a full time job, and depending on your organization skills and ability to critically think, you may not even come near a penny. But, if you can figure out systems and put them together like a neat Russian doll, you will be good.

(Not going to say why, but make sure to put AT LEAST $100 in bitcom. Money will be made.)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

You mean bitcoin?

That'll be another soapbubble going *p00f*

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Based on...? Maybe government interference...but other than that, as long as the market grows, the value follows. Going poof would be to say someone managed to delete all existing bitcoins.

I see your argument, it's a very flexible concept that can crash due to instability. But as it is, it's decently strong. And should remain so as long as it's current user base dose not decline, nor the current services offered start pulling out. From there, it will fall apart faster than you can say bitcom
lol yeah i screwed that up above. From experience though, I can say it did make me a more money than i put in and should continue to do so for the foreseeable future. A good fun investment for a kid like me, but don't put $100 000 in.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45

oh boohoo, im sure it gives them terminal illness.

Ha Ha, You've seen American TV haven't you?

I live in Michigan, and I only have about six months left to live after the last American Idol. I'm lucky my head didn't explode from stupidity.

King

top topics

join