It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 more people arrested in Florida for feeding homeless, 15 arrested in the last 2 weeks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Our local slaughterhouse has circumvented that problem. He has a list of people and families in need. I'm sure that list is really long, even in my rural area. He just directly calls the people who are in need whenever meat gets donated. Try that. You're giving it to an individual, not an organization. If you and your friends put your heads together, you can find a way around it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I live in Seattle and we have lots of free meals and food banks for the poor and homeless. A few months ago I was out doing an errand on a early Saturday morning...and there was this businessman who was celebrating his 50th birthday....he said he had thought about it and he could either get drunk.... or make sack lunches and feed the homeless....he choose the sack lunches. There he was riding his bicycle with an enormous basket on the back filled with food stopping at the different places where the homeless hang out on the weekends...he got such joy in handing out those sack lunches...which he had made himself...it brought him joy.

My point?....I am glad that I live in a city where people have the right and joy to be generous. Those laws in Florida need to be changed....

Here is another link that explains too:

foodfreedom.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I live in Seattle and we have lots of free meals and food banks for the poor and homeless. A few months ago I was out doing an errand on a early Saturday morning...and there was this businessman who was celebrating his 50th birthday....he said he had thought about it and he could either get drunk.... or make sack lunches and feed the homeless....he choose the sack lunches. There he was riding his bicycle with an enormous basket on the back filled with food stopping at the different places where the homeless hang out on the weekends...he got such joy in handing out those sack lunches...which he had made himself...it brought him joy.

My point?....I am glad that I live in a city where people have the right and joy to be generous. Those laws in Florida need to be changed....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They are having problems with the homeless in a lot of Florida communities. The weather here is warm enough to camp out even in the winter so Florida gets a lot of people busing in from other states. St Petersburg recently announced a new law that states the homeless must accept transportation to a shelter or jail. A lot of the transients have alcohol or other drug dependencies. They don't want to be moved to a restricted environment where the drugs aren't available. There are also granolas that just like camping out and enjoying the tropical paradise without drugs. Maybe they will have to set up some customized Fema camps catering to the different demographics.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

With the policies our evil Florida governor, rick scott, is passing......... he's actually making it illegal to help the unemployed too.

Florida is a very hard place to survive in unless you have a lot of money and don't need to work for a living.
edit on 6/15/2011 by dreams n chains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
way to go!

just ring the dinner bell for that pavlovian response and those homeless peope will just comma running.

what they be going to feed them the rest of their lives? hmm where they gonna get all that "bread" pun there and both usage.

and then on the homeless grapevine "psst hey did you hear? yup we gonna get fed tonite invite your friends and tell them to invite theirs and tell them to invite theirs"......

pretty soon your gonna have a whole lot of screaming homeless hungry folks going "FEED me SEYMOUR"

and then what?

the coppers come in and rain on their parade why? public safety

now if those people truly do want to help those people go rent a building get your permit and health clearances and open up a shelter that feeds them.

and everyone wins!

prertty simple the cops dont write the laws the city does the gotta do their jobs or they will be homeless and hungry.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Please, could someone explain to me why this is illegal in the USA?
My wife and I go along the canal du Midi in Toulouse and help there to feed the homeless that set their tents along the bank. Although the local police show up, they never interfere.

I just do not understand. Could someone fill me in?

hey...this is in a toney part of orlando...home of disneyworld, and a right wing state government...jesus...i'm suprised that they didn't taze them and beat them up. besides, homeless people are suppose to starve and die out of public view, doesn't everybody realize that?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
It isn't just there . For 20 years myself a friends get crop damage tags because the area is so loaded with deer . Usually 20 extra tags per year on top of our sport tags . Nothing better than fresh grain and corn fed venison . No steroids , antibiotics or growth hormones . We pay the butchers out of our own pocket to have all of the venison cut , wrapped and labeled and donate it all to homeless shelters that love and appreciate getting it . Not anymore . The shelters can no longer take it because the government said that the fresh venison isn't government inspected . We're talking over a ton of fresh meat that 2 shelters can no longer take and they don't get the donated funding to replace what we've been providing for 20 years . The homeless folks get canned crap and donated 10 day old produce . We checked to see if we could get it government inspected and how much it would cost us . Can't be done with wild game that isn't loaded with chemicals . That's a ton of fresh meat between 5 of us and it's happening everywhere . Crop damage is a serious problem when you can look out in the field and see 200 deer feeding in every field . Now the crop damage , crop tag venison goes to the landfill by the hundreds just in two counties . Perfectly good fresh venison that homeless people can no longer have but it can go to the dump . We can't get it to the shelters but found another way to give it to poor people . Totally legal to give it to poor people who live in an apartment or a house but homeless people can't get it through the shelters .

Have you ever thought of getting a vendors license. Like the ones the hot dog carts have to get. Then take the carts to where the homeless gather and sell it to them for one penny. Just have one of your buddies handing out pennies to those that dont have one. It surely would cost less than getting it inspected.
But major appreciation to you and your friends for helping the less fortunate out. We all talk about doing it, as I do...but even I dont do as much of it as I should/could.
However, I am now going to make a concentrated effort to help those in need out more.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I don't understand how this can be a law...

I mean "Though shall not feed homeless"
Who's to define what a homeless man is? What is the difference between feeding your son outside than feeding a random person.?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm still taking names and just waiting...So far I have 48 names that I can identify, locate and find ......The time is drawing near.......Do NOT FEAR !!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Once a week in the town I reside, the restaurants donate food to a church group that feeds anyone and everyone who enters. There's no fuss about anything and all are welcome. I think it provides a person the opportunity to sit down at a table with napkin and cutlery, and with dignity rather than have their neediness be made into a public spectacle. Does that town have any such programs?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
I can't abide those Jawas, disgusting creatures

I just googled the term Jawas ...

If you're saying what i think you're saying .. I would much rather befriend one of these 'Jawas' as you put , than you .. because someone like you, who would 'judge' so casually, doesn't deserve the time of day from me ...

Other than the time it took me to write this post ...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I always figured they were against it because they couldn't control what's in the food, and some sadistic people could be poisoning homeless people..

You know, like how restaurants and grocery stores have to lock up their garbage cans, because their day old food will make homeless people sick?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

People should never just look the other way when it comes to things like this. If they do they are asking
for it to drift down their way some day. I believe it's against the law to form a group feeding but don't know
about feeding an individual where it does not take up say a large designated park space or something.
We should ask the city council or the police and never just let it slide politely by without question...if
you care that is, if you care. If not, go home, enjoy yours and just be glad you are not one of them..the
homeless by choice or any other reason. It's a miserable life..the aspects of it from OUR side of the screen.. must flicker across the screen in shades of gray ..never quite understood, never quite clear and a little sureal.
I live in Florida, have never made much money but when I was employed not so long ago I would talk to the
homeless, help in some tiny small way if I could or just be amazed that they like any other aspect of society
have their "classes" and sects..some are true loners and would never try to force themselves on anybody.
Others may be individuals you should avoid but hey, it is fair to say that since society in general has a number
of those individuals to be avoided regardless of their monetary stature or anything else. It's not helping the
places the DO legally feed and offer them some shelter that is dumb..What easier way to share than that?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The reason that we have social programs is to address social problems. Florida and many other states have now decided that the poor and destitute are simply a taxpayers burden that should not be visited upon the good citizens who are being so unfairly taxed.

Get used to it you start cutting welfare and you end up in the third world -- this is how we get there.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thats weird, I thought you could get arrested in the following situation:

Lets say you are walking down the street and you see a man mowing his lawn.
Somehow the lawn mower runs over him and hes severely bleeding.
You just stand there watching and then walk away.

Can you get arrested for breaking some kind of law?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
the homeless aren't animals. you can't feed them. this is one human being giving food to another human being.

what's next, arresting people for lending a radio to another person.

staking out mcdonalds and busting people who share a fry.

the sad part is you put your life in danger if you stand up to the cop to stop this injustice.

and obviously the courts are no help. they're the ones helping enforce this law.

the people are running out of options.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Can you or any one explain to me what purpose this law serves? I must be missing something!

I think they made the law to prevent the homeless from congregating and ruining their pristine manicured walkways. Don't forget this is the home of Disney World! We can't ruin vacationers image of Disney now can we?

Don't these cops have a mind of their own? This doesn't sit well with me. If they're willing to take food from the mouths of the homeless, who's to say they wouldn't take orders to kill innocent people on the street?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That is a really good video. I don't think complying is the answer, not even to arrests. Crowds should prevent injustice from taking place visibly so that they get a very strong message that we're not SHEEP or CATTLE, I won't shoot them but I will never willingly submit to a NAZI and we need crowds like that to tackle and release anyone they try to manhandle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join