It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A traitor in the US Navy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
A US Navy sailor had ties to Al-Qaeda because he was sympathetic to their cause. He sent them some letters reporting the battle groups weakness and other info. He could be tried for treason cuz he was in active duty when these things took place. I hope this scum rots in a jai cell for the rest of his life, for aiding UBL and Al-Qaeda.

Source Sacewar.com
The documents went on to describe the battle group's vulnerability to a terrorist attack and provided specific examples of how the ships might be attacked," said Rosemary Fernandes.

She was reading out US allegations against Babar Ahmad, 30, from Tooting in south London, who was arrested on Thursday and is wanted for using US-based websites and email to raise money to support terrorist acts in Chechnya and Afghanistan.

Documents concerning the US naval battle group operating the Strait of Hormuz in the Gulf in 2001, were found by British police in December 2003, Fernandes said.

She said the documents specifically noted that the battle group was tasked with the enforcement of sanctions against Iraq and was involved in operations against Al-Qaeda.

US Navy sailor is a traitor.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
That is the problem when the difference between factions is only ideological, the person beside you may have a completely different opinion and may even have the lack of humanity to create even more disturbances in the World.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well at least he was planning to attack military targets and not civilians. I have no sympathy for those who kill innocents. Military targets, such as warships, are valid targets in a war however.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
just goes to show you that "terrorists" have connections in many different places. I hope the man gets a fair hearing and trial, but since he's in the US military and aiding al qaeda I severely doubt it.

The US would have a lot less enemies in the middle east if they stopped showing favouritism to Israel in the middle east and giving them 3 billion to spend on weapons every year. It's high time the US gets tough on Israel to get the palestinian-Israeli peace talks progressing again and stop dealing with arafat and his corrupt regime. They have too much in power and money if the peace deal is successful
. I'd rather deal with hamas than those crooks, at least they are fighting for the palestinian people.

"One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist" don't know who said that but it is still as true today as ever

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Where does it say that he is a US Sailor?

British terrorism suspect had US Navy plans: US lawyer
LONDON (AFP) Aug 06, 2004
A British citizen facing extradition to the United States on terrorism charges was found in possession of detailed military plans about a US Navy battle group in the Gulf, a US lawyer told a London court Friday.

"The documents went on to describe the battle group's vulnerability to a terrorist attack and provided specific examples of how the ships might be attacked," said Rosemary Fernandes.

She was reading out US allegations against Babar Ahmad, 30, from Tooting in south London, who was arrested on Thursday and is wanted for using US-based websites and email to raise money to support terrorist acts in Chechnya and Afghanistan.

Documents concerning the US naval battle group

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
Well at least he was planning to attack military targets and not civilians. I have no sympathy for those who kill innocents. Military targets, such as warships, are valid targets in a war however.

But if he was helping to plan attacks against a military he had taken an oath to, a country he had taken an oath to? Look, there isn't a draft, this was a choice.

INEXCUSABLE!

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

But if he was helping to plan attacks against a military he had taken an oath to, a country he had taken an oath to? Look, there isn't a draft, this was a choice.

Well it is quite possible that the only reason he joined the US Navy in the first place was to obtain information on it that he could pass on to said 'terrorists', making him a spy/mole. Purely speculation however.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Am I missing something? The guy is a British civilian. Not a US sailor. If I'm wrong, please let me know. I want to know what the hell everyone is talking about.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Am I missing something? The guy is a British civilian. Not a US sailor. If I'm wrong, please let me know. I want to know what the hell everyone is talking about.

You appear to be correct about this particular person. So I guess the question is, was this information aquired by a Navy traitor? Seems like a good possibility, but we may have to wait this one out.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999

Well it is quite possible that the only reason he joined the US Navy in the first place was to obtain information on it that he could pass on to said 'terrorists', making him a spy/mole. Purely speculation however.

Good point, but then in a case like that, well, the actions of a spy/mole deserve the same repercussions as a traitor. Except in this case the case for where the responsibility lies is even more on that persons shoulders, and I am sure one would be well aware that taking a chance like that had some risk involved.

Understand the motivation, but no sympathy and no excuses here.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Try this one curme, the two subjects are intertwined, therein the confusion lies I suspect.

U. S. Navy Turncoat

p.s. WP, a well structured thread topic, quite polished.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Try this one curme, the two subjects are intertwined, therein the confusion lies I suspect.

U. S. Navy Turncoat

p.s. WP, a well structured thread topic, quite polished.

Thanks for clearing that up Mirthful, I suspected as much. Just an intial misunderstanding. Seemed to me there had to be a traitor for the guy to have this info at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Oh, I see now, thanks.

Yeah, that's bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
[edit on 8-8-2004 by deevee]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
WestPoint23,
A person would get the death penatly in the USA for treason. if hes lucky he'll rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So we have a traitor somewhere amongst the ranks of the US Navy. For what? What cost was enough for this man, whoever he may be, to willingly put his fellow commerades at risk?

We were constantly briefed on this kind of crap happening.

Sounds like this might be the gateway to a witch hunt within the US navy.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
"I hope this scum rots in a jai cell for the rest of his life."

Public execution would be a better option, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I would rather see him put to death too. But the government does this secretly, remember that soldier in Kuwait who threw a grenade in a US tent and killed some US soldiers. Whatever happened to him? I never hear about this person on the news again it is as if the military made him vanish. I hope the US military enacts some programs to screen what soldiers are sending in their mail and who they are sending it too. It will take money and time but its better than having a traitor in your ranks.

top topics

join