It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Protest in China, Police Open Fire, atleast 100 dead and injured

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Go the people......show them who is the boss, us or them,.
I would be very surprise if the world revolution is kicked start in China.

Star and Flag for ya.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
people are starting to realize how powerful numbers are.
to quote " Bugs Life"
the scene where Hopper is talking to the three other grasshoppers at the bar inside the Mexican hat. Hopper grabs a piece of grain and throws it at each of the grasshoppers and asks them if it hurt, when they tell Hopper no he then rips off the containers lid and all of the grain falls on the grasshoppers and they are crushed.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I might be in the minority in this line of thinking especially in the wake of the police opening fire on the protesters but i think eventually China will become a free country, it tends to happen to countries that embrace capitalism to the extent the Chinese people and government have, i don't think it will happen in the same vain as say a Libya but more along the lines of how Russia became free, when the new generation of people take power someone like Gorbachev will get into power and change the structure of the land scape, i seen a tv show where Piers Morgan went to China and in one of his interviews he talked too a lady who owned a big time boat company and she said that China still has some things to learn from the west before they become the main economical super power and i think she was suggesting democracy as the next logical step.....

As far as the 100,000 protesters wow is all i can say that is a ton of people it seems the people of China are ready for change.....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This why I fear to live anywhere that only the Govt, Army and Police have guns.

Sorry to hear this news. But how could they defend themselves with only sticks and stones?

If the police knew there was a possibility of citizens firing back, they wouldn't be so quick to murder them in the streets like fish in a barrel.

edit on 15-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Well, that's what happened in Tunisia, Egypt... you only need to be ready to sacrifice your life, than it's just a matter of numbers.

For sure in fatty America very few people would sacrifice their life for a change in their fascist government, even with all the weapons you have around.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
China's Central Planners are not as good as our Communist Central Planners.

We now have 1/3rd of our country on Food Stamps. 1/3rd about to die needing SS and Medicare. Less than 1/3rd of our country is even working.

We had protests in the millions of Mexicans waving their Mexican Flags in US cities....until they were told if the fly that flag 1 more day we were going to slaughter them.

No more Mexican Flags being waved in protests in America. ...everyone's too scared....tortures legal in America now.

We're killing more Americans every day to keep this ship going than China is....We just know how to make money at killing our own

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Heres a little bit more about this protest.

Apparently, after the police beat the pregnant woman, bystanders jumped in and beat the * out of the police.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Unnecessary police power trip/brutality led to all of this.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

On the night of June 12, 100,000 people in Xintang took to the streets, confronting armed forces. Witnesses said people emerged like waves, and the end could not be seen. The protests extended to nearby town, Fengkuang ownship. Many locals heard gunshots during the night of June 12..

Hong Kong's Oriental Daily's reported on June 13 that a curfew had been implemented in Xintang. That day armed forces started to clean the site. Gunshots were constantly heard. There were over 100 deaths and injuries, and hundreds more arrested.

I know there have been scattered, small protests recently springing up in China, but this is the first Ive heard of a protest this large and deadly recently.

Ive been trying to find more on this, but have barely found anything. (China is pretty good at not letting much out about this.)

This is the only "news article" ive been able to find so far.

China: Xintang: police and army occupy city to stop protests

Beijing (AsiaNews / Agencies) - The police are now patrolling the streets and putting roadblocks on main thoroughfares of Xintang in the city of Zhengcheng, to end to urban guerrilla warfare that first broke out June 10. But it is a deceptive calm, with tens of thousands of immigrants ready to explode with further protests and violence.

Guerilla warfare?

Residents have been "advised" not to go out at night and not to post pictures of the clashes on line. Yesterday, the authorities have summoned the managers of 1,200 companies in the area telling them to "pay close attention to their employees."

This article came out yesterday (June 14), so Im guessing there have been more developments

It seems that yesterday the demonstrators demanded the release of detained migrants and the punishment of the security guards who attacked the young immigrant: instead about 2,700 soldiers with armoured vehicles and tear gas arrived, blocking all major roads. In the videos uploaded on the Internet gunshots can be heard.

Today, the Xinhua news agency and other State media reported that "everything is back to normal" in Xintang, minimizing the episodes. But the Hong Kong television showed footage with large groups of immigrants running through the streets of Zengcheng, smashing windows and assaulting government offices, overturning police cars.

And heres one of the most interesting parts of the article

According to experts, there were over 180 thousand mass protests in China in 2010. In recent weeks there have been news reports of incidents of violent protests born from "trivial" episodes. Faced with the widespread corruption of local governments and continual harassment, the population is ready to take to the streets to demand justice and recognition.

ok so with a little brain storming and remembering old threads...didnt china tell all us countries involved in Libya to get the hell out its our fight? and if china end up doing the same thing to its citizens as libya whats the betting that the US doesnt attack them like they did libya because they arent so much of a pushover

also...remembering some reading i did perhaps a couple years ago....wasnt there a prophecy somewhere about all the middle eastern countries along with china and russia uniting against the western world in another war?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

give this post a star posted on 15-6-2011 @ 12:24 this post Exaggerated or not, Americans who love to talk crap about the Chinese need to take a hint here. We have guns, and still, no protests. We have the freedom to do so, for now, and still no people taking to the streets in disapproval. The entire world is in upheaval, the USA has an alleged 24,262,768 unemployed to amass one hell of a "people's army", and still nothing. I guess we will just wait till everything is pointless to even react.

Americans have been totally robbed of their patriotism. It took them what? 100 years to turn the nation into this mindless mtv dougnut hollywood state worshippers, its the most successful brainwashing program in mans history.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
nothing will happen with this because china is the next best thing in the making,tptb think this as all industries have and are in the proccess of going there from the west,china is taking over from america,minus the constitution and freedoms,china can get away with killing 100,000 if they want,just who's going to stop them answer that one people
edit on 16-6-2011 by KDM_Souljah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
No fly zone ? ? ? ?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

I have been living in China - I mean in the middle of China, eating Chinese food, living with Chinese people, not in central Shanghai (for example) or one of those expats place where are in China as much as you would be if you were in central London.
I was there from 2002 til 2006. Such demonstrations/riots are very common in China. When I was there, there were 10s of thousands of them a year.
Of course the official news would never mention them. But Chinese people are very "internet-hungry" and spend a lot of time on the net.
As far as I know, most of them started from a "trivial" event - to reply to buni11687, by trivial I mean an event involving everyday folks. I do not mean something not worse of attention, but I cannot find any better word than "trivial" for the time being.
These demonstrations also generally start "on their own" - as far as I know. There is no organisation pushing for these riots.
Chinese society is under a lot of tension due to many social reasons (which I not develop here, it would need a whole article or even a book), number of migrant workers increasing, nothing done to take care of them, huge income differences, between classes as well as between regions, etc.
An event will then act the spark which ignites the tensed people into rioting.
An example: while I was in China, in a good friend of mine's hometown, a policeman started to beat a "banban man" (someone carrying boxes, luggage, etc. for you, with the help of a bamboo stick). This day several people attacked the police box and rioted the centre of this town.
The problem is very known by Chinese government, which is constantly putting social stability 1st i.e. ís working on improving social conditions. However corruption and absolutely loose capitalism is undermining any effort made by the government.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
They kept mentioning Egypt and Lybia. I think the poor Chinese are sick of the rich getting richer and poor getting poorer. I feel a revolution coming in China...
edit on 16-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
First of all, I'd like to thank ATS and its passionate participants for sharing countless fascinating theories, personal stories, facts; I have been an observer to ATS for sometime now, and this is, finally, my first post.

"100,000 protesters, over 100 dead in hands of a police state, so many protesters with no end in sight..." this title reminds me of an article I read on a "newspaper" back in junior high from a checkout lane at a local grocery store stating a "Giant Flying Saucer Cuts Through a Jumbo Passenger Jet Over the Pacific Ocean!!!"

I have been following this event for sometime, and yes, it has been actively covered by almost all news outlets throughout the world, including MSM, and especially the MSM (perhaps due to Chinese in nature) until the next major foreign news to steer the American public away from important local issues, such as Ron Paul's apparent unpopularity on MSM, when, in fact, he is the most popular candidate everywhere else!!!

IMO, NTDTV's reports cannot be taken at face value; not only because it is an arm of the Falun Dafa/Falun Gong (FLG) movement with paid contributions from the CIA to undermine Chinese society through spreading rumors and prevarications, it simply makes up news, exaggerates news, distorts news to attract a sensational, less informed, audience that, more often, are lied to head on with ridiculous claims.

For instance in above mentioned "news" video report, at 2:51 where the caption reads "Authorities have since used tear gas on protesters. There are many migrant workers in Xintang, Guangzhou with biggest gap between rich and poor in China..." in fact, the narrator is making a laughable claim, "Authorities have since used tear gas on migrant protesters from Sichuan province where they are used to eating hot pepper and spicy food, tear gas was ineffective against the crowd."

Perhaps, in future, when Mexican workers strike against the system and tear gas is used, news reports could claim tear gas is ineffective because Mexicans have a natural immunity due to eating jalapenos, habaneros, manzanos and more while growing up.

Then, there are telephone interviews from no face, no picture, no video, voice only claims of horrendous incidences from locals. Even the shabby video clip it shows shows crowds no more than 1,000 at any given time...

Anything NTDTV says is questionable or laughable, which is one of the reasons it doesn't approve comments on many of its videos, strictly monitoring all comments on others, and immediately banning anyone with anything contrary to say.

I am not a commie agent, if anyone tries to claim. I simply cannot stand BS when I see it, especially when the BS's perpetrating benefactor is the big brother in the Central Intelligence business aka Bilder-bergurs, CFR, NWO...!!

edit on 16-6-2011 by neovoice because: I'm a typo nazi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join