It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100,000 Protest in China, Police Open Fire, atleast 100 dead and injured

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The next WORLD WIDE headline might read like this:

"100,000 Protest in America, Police Open Fire, atleast 100 dead and injured,"

Thanks for this post OP...

Something is definitely coming down the pike......

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

so funny, they caught this guy for taking like $40mil US!

lol, bye bye!!

i laugh because that was frikin suicide.

i have issues here in my village with people and the authorities,

first off, i am in HK and not on the mainland. BIG diff.

more should come out tonite on the news about the riots. i will post if i hear any juicy news.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I look forward to your updates. My interest is personal and non-economic.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

no prob,

my wife watches the local news in chinese.

she will let me know.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Exaggerated or not, Americans who love to talk crap about the Chinese need to take a hint here. We have guns, and still, no protests. We have the freedom to do so, for now, and still no people taking to the streets in disapproval. The entire world is in upheaval, the USA has an alleged 24,262,768 unemployed to amass one hell of a "people's army", and still nothing. I guess we will just wait till everything is pointless to even react.

I believe the reason is that if you take a look at the nations that are fighting back against the machine, it has come to a point where the people have nothing left to lose.

Nothing will happen in America until it reaches that point. When the Luxury Cars, IPODs, Game systems, American Idol disappears, you will see people get angry.

When you see store shelves getting thin, $10 Big Macs, $10/Gal Gas, Universities and Hospitals shutting down, the people will get angry.

When it has finally dawned on people that Martial Law is a state of being and not just jackboots in the streets...People will stand up.

Until then, nothing will happen. But I believe that day is fast approaching.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

There doesn't seem to be a lot in the news about this now. I have a few Chinese channels at home and haven't seen anything. In July, I am supposed to take my daughter for her yearly visit to her grandparents near Beijing. My daughters mother was able to call her parents, and they seem to know almost nothing about these protest.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I think that if this all snowballed because of police mistreatment of someone then it would be easy for tptb to gauge what social buttons to press to provoke a riot/resistance/reaction from the people. (anywhere! not just China)

Theres been a lot of rebellion over the last few months but governments dont really seem to be listening to their peoples. I can see this type of thing happening on a larger scale over the next while.

I just hope some positive changes come from it and we arent all just playing in to the hands of those in power.

(Didnt articulate that too well, but know what I mean...)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
These people need to get them a piece of 24 in. steel pipe, 1/2 in in diam. Use match heads for the powder and steel ball bearings for the bullets. We use to make these all the time when I was a child,(15 yrs old)...Cap off one end and drill a tiny hole for fuse or match head to ignite it. Lots of Bb's work good also kind of like a shotgun effect....old rusty nails, anything hard will work....Good Luck...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
Exaggerated or not, Americans who love to talk crap about the Chinese need to take a hint here. We have guns, and still, no protests. We have the freedom to do so, for now, and still no people taking to the streets in disapproval. The entire world is in upheaval, the USA has an alleged 24,262,768 unemployed to amass one hell of a "people's army", and still nothing. I guess we will just wait till everything is pointless to even react.

Originally posted by jude11
I believe the reason is that if you take a look at the nations that are fighting back against the machine, it has come to a point where the people have nothing left to lose.

Nothing will happen in America until it reaches that point. When the Luxury Cars, IPODs, Game systems, American Idol disappears, you will see people get angry.

When you see store shelves getting thin, $10 Big Macs, $10/Gal Gas, Universities and Hospitals shutting down, the people will get angry.

When it has finally dawned on people that Martial Law is a state of being and not just jackboots in the streets...People will stand up.

Until then, nothing will happen. But I believe that day is fast approaching.

I think both of you are absolutely right on.

I think the number you provided for the unemployed is also interesting. I never sat down to do the math but when I saw your number I looked up current population, then did the math of 9.1% (which I think is a low ball figure on its own) - and was surprised to see how close you were.

Then I stumbled on this link...
Dated June 3, 2011

The number of unemployed persons (13.9 million) and the unemployment rate (9.1
percent) were essentially unchanged in May. The labor force, at 153.7 million, was
little changed over the month.

I've read it a couple of times now and I can't wrap my head around their 13.9m figure - thats less than half of the obvious 28 million.... maybe someone else who's better at these kinds of details can explain it to me

And while this may seem off topic - I assure you - if there's any reason to take to the streets, its 28 million people not being able to eat and is AT LEAST equivalent to a pregnant woman being beaten down by so-called authority.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
Heres the size of Inner Mongolia -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a391f057b60.jpg[/atsimg]

This map is wrong, here's the real map:

Let's not forget what China have done to the Tibetan people....

Oh! and S&F for this thread.
edit on 15-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Ben81

it's migrant workers, not the general populous.

they get horrible treatment and are discriminated against.

the workers are rural people and are not very savy about city life.

like i said, that creates some real friction.

You are discussing the two class society that always comes in countries without individual liberties. Anyone for that is against humanity and is inherently evil.

Half of China lives on under $2 a day so the upper caste can sit in lounges and buy from Gucci. Those sitting in those lounges are the problem. Ignoring a problem is the same as condoning it. In this case those in those lounges should be on the streets with the migrants.

I have a felling the old China, like under Mao is about to return. If that happens these ex-pats you mention might be in a very bad situation. The Westerners will be the first to have everything taken and killed.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
This why I fear to live anywhere that only the Govt, Army and Police have guns.

Doesn't really matter if the citizens have guns. Because, the Govt usually has much bigger guns.

"Never take a gun to a tank fight"

edit on 15-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

The 13 million is the number receiving unemployment benifits, when their benifits run out, they are no longer counted as unemployed. I sourced the usdebtclock.org for the number, which I don't believe to be truly accurate, but I was only looking for a ballpark figure.

I think you could safely add another 5 to 7 million to that number just in kids graduating from high school into a nonexistant job market, with no employment history they slip under the radar entirely. But this is only my speculation.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: afterthought

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A woman was beaten and the Chinese have 100,000 in the streets rioting that night.

At the same time, a man is killed in Arizona by a cop saying he doesn't need a warrant and shoots him in the back of the head, and Americans can't be bothered.

Something has to give.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It doesn't take much for things to escalate when conditions are primed. One match can burn down an entire forest if the circumstances are right.

The catalyst that started World War I was the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife of Austria.

Causes of World War I

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Phase One Initiated. Anonymous Rules.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Interesting times were living in. People uprising all over the world. It would appear China is blocking internet usage again. Web searches and such. In an attempt to keep a lid on the current situation. And to try and halt the protests.
Star and Flag

The protests and riots began last week when police told two migrant workers to stop selling goods in the street, and then proceeded to knock down one of the migrants who was pregnant. Video of the incident went viral and soon everyone was outraged. China has blocked Google searches for the word "Zengcheng". It has installed similar blocks on the country's most popular microblogs, including Sina and Tencent.Text

China Blocks Web Searches

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why is www.google.cn taking me to www.google.hk? It didn't do that in the past.

There is currently a bug on the google.com.hk homepage. When users based in China click the “Google.com in English” link at the bottom of the page they are redirected back to the google.com.hk domain. This bug is accidental, and it should be fixed within a few days.

Rubie
Level 1
Google Employee
3/26/10

www.google.com...

If this is part of Google not being evil, how is China still able to censor Google?
edit on 15-6-2011 by gentledissident because: read up on it

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here are some interesting headlines from my US Google search.

Residents describe 'scary' China riots
‎China Stamps Out Southern Unrest
China Forces Contain Riots in Southern City
Chinese forces restore calm after weekend of rioting

‎Unfounded rumor sends local crowd into frenzy
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
the only thing i want for Xmas is for the people of China to take their country from the grip of the NWO! that happens then the whole world will change.... OH where's NATO and their humanitarianism?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join