It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A million new jobs for America!! Are these TSA jobs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You know your neighbors might be up to no good going to the grocery store or the public library. They could have a bomb strapped to their vest. That guy going into the bodega to get beer and a lottery ticket could be a terrorist. Search them, body scanners, etc.

Don't hate me because I'm stupid.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You know it could eventually come to that ( we at ATS know this ) didn't the gestapo do this in nazi Germany ? What's America coming to ?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Ok....this post didnt have any value or sense whatsoever, and the title was entirely misleading.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

edit on 15-6-2011 by chancemusky because: Accidental double post

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
Ok....this post didnt have any value or sense whatsoever, and the title was entirely misleading.

But it's in the general chit chat forum. Kinda like exchanging recipes. We're not talking about celestial objects hurtling toward earth or doomsday or some such. But just a chit chat.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think you're referring to Obama meeting with private companies to get their suggestions for creating jobs without new legislation. Their ideas included:

• Form business partnerships with community colleges to train more workers for today's open jobs.
• Streamline permitting processes to speed more construction projects. Council members Jeff Immelt of General Electric and Ken Chenault of American Express said some simple steps could achieve this goal "without undercutting the protections that our regulatory system provides."
• Make it easier for foreign tourists to obtain visas to travel to the US.
• Help small employers get more loans with help from the Small Business Administration.
• Help construction workers pick up their tools again with a campaign to upgrade commercial and government buildings for energy efficiency. Obama also touted this so-called Better Buildings Initiative Monday while visiting Cree, a maker of energy-efficient lighting in Durham, after the jobs council meeting.

Source

So I have no idea WTH this thread is all about. How about starting one discussing the merits of these ideas? Or contributing to a thread that is already doing that?

Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky

Still, it's an interesting question. I've occasionally had the same thought. Between TSA and McDonald's (and I guess WalMart greeter, if they still have those).... Those would be our growth industries right now.

I also read somewhere that the companies that we've been outsourcing to in India are now facing rising wages and employee demands, so they're thinking of outsourcing some of their outsourcing back to America. That could be a few jobs there.

Maybe the police need some people to practice their takedown and brutalizing skills on. You know: Dress them up in padding and put them out on the mat for a few hours a day.

And, of course, once we've rid ourselves of all the illegal-alien stoop-laborers, there'll be all those spinach-cutting and melon-harvesting jobs open. Can't wait to see these tough, scrappy little American workers out in the fields. They can't expect the exorbitant wages that those experienced Mexican workers pulled down, though.

Yeah. A million jobs is not too far out of the question....
edit on 6/15/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Well, I think that you can't let that get in the way of you living life. There have been many times in history when people have had to deal with extraordinary situations and they have managed. In fact, sometimes they learned alot about themselves when they were put through these. It's times like those when you learn to respect yourself. We have all become such a society of babies that we look to the 'officials' to take care of problems. We look to the courts to create 'resolutions'. We look to the government as a nanny. A care giver whose teet we suckle ever so gently while pooping in our diapers.

You shouldn't think everyone you come close to is a terrorist. If you do, you need a different hobby. You might also need professional help because you are living in a state of constant fear. Instead, if for some extremely, unlikely, minute chance in a billion that some guy next to you rips open his jacket and has a bomb strapped to his chest, you should mess that f*#Ker up real bad. Show him that it's not cool to be running around your neighborhood with a bomb strapped to your chest.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
ATS....TSA....
Think about it.
Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't hate you because you're stupid. I hate you because you're a frickin' genius!!! We should implement your plan, because this way I won't have to be afraid of little 5 year olds getting too close to me in the grocery store. Better yet, why doesn't the TSA just ban clothes? Not only would it make their job much easier, we could also tempt all the pervs and have them locked up, living off the taxpayers' money, within a year. See, I have good ideas too.

new topics

top topics

join