It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So search revealed nothing...This Must be a Lie...Please help me Debunk...Emergency Alert : Nebraska

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just came across this article. "Airspace Over Flooded Nebraska Nuclear Power Plant Still Closed". I am in central Iowa and we aren't really getting much news of this either other than I-29 being closed due to flooding.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Flood Rumor Control! This was posted on the Omaha Public Power District Page, OPPD is a customer-owned utility serving over 346,000 customers in all or parts of 13 counties in east and southeast Nebraska.

They have listed Responses to the following rumors:

"Rumor: Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station is at a Level 4 emergency or level 4 alert".

"Rumor: A no-fly zone was set up around Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station because of a release of radiation, similar to what happened with the Fukushima reactors in Japan."

"Rumor: Because of a fire at Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station on June 7, the plant’s spent-fuel pool was in danger of boiling and releasing radioactivity."

"Rumor: OPPD will run out of coal if railroads cannot reach the plants."

"Rumor: A red flag tied to an overhead power line means OPPD has – or is about to – de-energize that line and cut power to the area."

www.oppd.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

the third link, is actually my thread, and it is updated and new info comes out, although it doesn't seem as though too many have checked.......

would like to add that im from the area and most of the local channels are only talking of the flooding as well, not the problems its causing with the plants

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I live south of the plant, even south of Omaha Ne. The nuclear plant is now an island due to the flooding. Oh, but they say, no worries. The flood is probably going to be a lot worse than they are telling us, too.
www.wowt.com... 123878599.html?ref=599
From the air the nuclear plant looks like it is about to be swallowed up by the Missouri River but on the ground you can see that man is controlling nature, or at least keeping her in check.

Jeff Hanson says, "We're protected far above where this is projected to go."
ADVERTISEMENT

It helps that the facility was built to withstand a 500-year flood event and Hanson says there are feet of protection between the Missouri and the important structures on site.

That was before the aqua dams were put in place. Hanson says the plant has plans and procedures in place and practice flood defense. The aqua dams add another layer of protection from flooding.

Jeff Hanson says, "Protecting the vital assets we have sandbagged and placed earthen berms around the substations which guarantees the power can get into the plant to keep the plant powered."

The facility was taken offline to refuel earlier this year so the containment building has been flooded by OPPD in order to cool the fuel rods.

Hanson adds they have a number of backup systems in place to continue to pump clean water through the spent fuel pool and into the reactor containment building so he says there is nothing to fear.

The College World Series starts this week in Omaha with George W. Bush throwing the first pitch. That is if the flooding doesn't backup through the sewers to much. One of the parking lots has already gotten flooded.
www.ketv.com... 28237459/detail.html

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've been talking about this for like a week. I live in Lincoln NE. There has been no mention of it in any of the big local news papers (Lincoln Journal Star or Omaha World Herald). This is an impending disaster... Wrote on the FB wall for the Journal Star earlier this week asking them to tell us whats going on there, and my post was deleted... They know whats going on, and definately don't wanna tell is till it all goes wrong. They don't want us to worry apparently that were all living around a Fukushima style disaster.

With that said.

Restocked and Repacked all my camping gear. Made all my double checks so that I know I have everything I can think of. Cause if this happens, I am leaving before they can tell us to.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

the scary thing is , if the power to the power plants (weird) is shut down for a few weeks, like after a big cme, then all the plants would melt down. hundreds of little fukushimas in our own backyards
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Yes, I have been thinking about this too. Firstly, the part about if the grid goes down what will power the plants and/or prevent them ALL from going into meltdown all at once? What about the rest of us? No amount of preparation will help us survive. The food will be inedible and the water will be undrinkable.

Also, your other more subtle comment "(wierd)" only because of the amount of power these nuclear reactors and facilities must use.... how could they be cleaner than other sources with the amount of energy that goes into keeping these things up and running, especially in a state of emergency.

I dunno. Me, I just cannot fathom the need for these things to exist.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
There are regular reports publicly released by the NRC of events filed by everyone operating/using anything nuclear:

www.nrc.gov...

I read those reports occasionally and laugh because of all the radioactive materials that get lost or stolen every month in America. There's some real comical reports that get filed and shows how non-educated our nuclear operators/users/shippers are.

I wonder why that nuclear scientist leaped to his death a few months ago?.......someone so rich and who could make so much money........what did he screw up at?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Yes, its real. Here you go

The Fort Calhoun, Nebraska, Nuclear power plant is going down fast due to massive flooding.

The NRC has declared a level 4 accident.

The FAA has issued the following directive, shutting down airspace over the plant:

hawaiinewsdaily.com...

From your link, in the comments:

Tom, The Ft Calhoun rating is a level 4 alert, not accident level 4. There are concerns that the spent fuel cooling could be lost. Right now, everything is under control. The reactor has been shut down for months. Alert 4 is the lowest level of concern. I’m no apologist for the NRC or the industry. additional problems could develop at Ft Calhoun, but right now, there is no accident

Seems as though "alert" and "accident" have been confused.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The flight restrictions were set up by the FAA as a result of Missouri river flooding.

Why close down airspace for flooding?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join