It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Prevent It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There's so much conflict going on in this world it's hard not to notice it but somehow the majority of people are. You see it in the news everyday, hear it on the radio, and you read it on the web, and pretty much everything that they said would happen IS happening right now! I find myself in a weird position, almost viewing the world in a 3rd person's view, I see behind the lies and get the big picture that eludes most...it's difficult to explain and even harder to comprehend. I feel like time is running out on something but I can't quite figure it out although I do have a STRONG feeling we're not far away from the next World War, definitely in my lifetime (I'm 23). There's many scenarios that could bring this about, the rise of China, Russia's discomfort with the U.S. Missile Shield, any one of the countless problems within the Middle East regions, and so on and so forth, it really seems like World War 3 is INEVITABLE.

Now, instead of trying to ignore the elephant in the room why is no one discussing this and trying to solve the problem before it even begins? We as humans and caretakers of this Earth share this responsibility and duty to make it last and once those horrible, destructive bombs start dropping we pretty much throw it all away. Will our so called leaders REALLY be that stupid? As a bystander I find myself pissed off and saddened that we aren't taking the necessary steps to securing our future. Instead of worrying about this heavy topic most out there are focused on their worthless pieces of paper we call money and buying the hippest new gadget.

Oh how we've lost touch.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
can we prevent other country's from using them ?? yes it is called MAD, can we prevent a nation or a group from using a suite case nuke?? the answer is sadly no we can not. Do they exist?, just ask the ones that made them and have lost er misplaced some. I am surprised they have not been used yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Well, you're only 23 and there has been wars prior to your birth and there are wars that are ongoing now. I know you want better for your world, but this is the world we're in. There have always been wars and I think there always will be. Unless, of course your generation and your children and their children can somehow find a way for peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
History will repeat itself once again and don't you think older generations would have wanted to prevent ww1 and ww2 but i'm guessing no one cared or perhaps the governments of those countries didn't care what the people had to say . I see Russia , China , Iran , America fighting this next world war and it will most likely involve each country firing nukes at each other .

edit on 15-6-2011 by PS3Geek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is just my opinion but;

Lets put it this way. We all feel like there is nothing we can do except give it time. This thing is a run-away train. The hope is that the trend that I'm seeing, towards young people being more knowledgeable and taking an interest in these types of things will continue. These people, will get their turn to be the upper rich and powerful demographic eventually. The changes will come. Slowly. As they always have.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't think there is much we can do to stop it sadly,i look at this world i live in & can't help but think we're on a 1 way path to detruction.
i read about vaious countries fighting over this & that,moaning about religion,about who can & can't have nukes,it's just sad.
protesting,where does that get you ? the governments are not going to suddenly get along because a few people shout about it.

I fear the end isn't far away,when,who knows but there isn't much any of us can do,that might sound defeatest i know but we've gone to far to change anything.

i try to enjoy my life & not think about it to much,not easy.
edit on 19-6-2011 by rhynouk because: added bits

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think it's all a bunch of bull#, if they want to destroy the world they "might as well get it over with, it's the waiting I can't stand" like Fry on Futurama said, haha.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Some of the biggest conflicts the world faces will be over potable water. A large-scale fight involving, for example, China and India, will probably cost over a trillion dollars between them, and thousands of lives.
And the sick/sad part is that it would probably take about a $100 billion investment in desalination and greywater reclamation/sewage treatment projects to stave that off.

new topics

top topics

join