It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi money: biggest theft in US history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
rt.com...

If you’re wondering where the government is putting all of their money, so would they. Auditors investigating a missing $6.6 billion in cash that was airlifted to Iraq to help rebuild the country after the 2003 invasion believe the huge sum may have been stolen.

Finally, an actual investigation into the theft of this money!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Forgive me if I've missed something from being new here, but was any loss of money ever reported through western media or government sources?

I'm not doing the whole "it has to be reported on MSN or it didn't happen thing". RT is a huge source of anti-American propaganda and I've seen a lot of outright lying from that source. Remember they reported the Wisconsin union protests as "Americans marching against Wall Street".

I'll go search on my own now because I'm curious, but for future readers of this thread a more reliable news source verifying the original event would be nice.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
here you go

www.bbc.co.uk...

its old news .. palettes of cash flown in... no trace of where it went when it left the planes!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks!

And...

DAMN. From your link:

Pentagon officials have said for the past six years that they could account for the money if provided with enough time to track down the records.

Okay. How much more time do you need? And who kept the paperwork on wads of cash falling off the back of trucks into Iraqi interim ministers' pockets???

This kind of thing happens even in the USA where red tape is a nightmare. In middle eastern countries where one ruler is supreme and there is no red tape for the powerful, it is legion. Here in Oman a hated finance minister was outed by protests - and he is retiring with around $40 billion in his bank account. He'll never face inquiry about this, either, because his family is too inter-connected and powerful.

I'm sure the situation in Iraq is similar... someone knows where it went, or has a good idea. They just can't say, or risk destabilizing things.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What better way for the government to funnel 6.6 billion into black-ops funding with no accountability to Congress or the American people! No paper trail at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
sorry to inform you but this is NOT the biggest
heist in US History.

That title belongs to the morning
of 9/11 when $166 Billion in Gold was stolen
from the Fed Res Vaults under the WTC.

The biggest heist in history conveniently
tagged as a terrorist attack on democracy
and freedom. And the crime covered up
by the rubble of an entire skyscraper.

$6.6 Billion is chump change compared
to 9/11.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Forgive me if I've missed something from being new here, but was any loss of money ever reported through western media or government sources?

I'm not doing the whole "it has to be reported on MSN or it didn't happen thing". RT is a huge source of anti-American propaganda and I've seen a lot of outright lying from that source. Remember they reported the Wisconsin union protests as "Americans marching against Wall Street".

I'll go search on my own now because I'm curious, but for future readers of this thread a more reliable news source verifying the original event would be nice.

Oh I hear ya, any MSM is questionable, but we all heard about the billions of dollars that just disappeared in Iraq. Here we have the US gov crying poverty but they seem to not be to concerned about the billions of dollars lost in Iraq that was supposed to rebuild the cities, schools, houses, roads, lives, etc

My favorite part of the article

Speaking to The Guardian years earlier, a former senior official at the governing Coalition Provisional Authority made claims that he and others “played football with some of the bricks of $100 bills before delivery.”

edit on 15-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Biggest theft?
No not yet, as they havent done an audit on the gold in fort knox.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
heist in US History.

to 9/11.

Feel free to email the media & point out their mistakes. Good luck to ya.
Fort Knox you say, illumnaughty? I do believe we have 2 contenders for biggest US heist!

But all in all, I'm sick & tired of this kind of theft going unnoticed by our gov. They have no problem investigating us, cough patriot act cough. So, as we all know, this just proves our govs are thieves & murderers
edit on 15-6-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
heist in US History.

to 9/11.

I was just fixing to say that the thread title wasn't completely accurate but you beat me to it, Bravo to you! I'm not an FBI profiler or anything like that but, if I were tasked with finding that stolen money, I'd probably start by looking to Halliburton and it's secret subsidiaries like Blackwater.

new topics

top topics

join