It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem with crop circles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The problem with crop circles is that it makes ZERO sense at all. Why would aliens coming from where-ever in the universe, simply want to drop by AT NIGHT TIME lmfao, to draw a doodle in a corn field then p-off back to their part of the universe.

Even if they could travel through space and find our lonely planet amongst the billions of galaxies and solar systems, I doubt they would waste any time drawing pictures in the fields.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I hate crop circles and never associate them with UFOs. All the UFO researchers who spend time dealing with them are liars who want nothing more than attention and dollars from our pocket. Aliens would not create designs in our fields, they would either use our species (as they did) or they would make sure world contact was made, but creating artistic designs in fields is not something that is worth any more words.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarblazerUK
The problem with crop circles is that it makes ZERO sense at all. Why would aliens coming from where-ever in the universe, simply want to drop by AT NIGHT TIME lmfao, to draw a doodle in a corn field then p-off back to their part of the universe.

Even if they could travel through space and find our lonely planet amongst the billions of galaxies and solar systems, I doubt they would waste any time drawing pictures in the fields.

Indeed. However, that does not mean that all crop circles are man made. Just because somebody claims to have made some, that doesn't mean they made them all.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarblazerUK

The answer is in my opinion simple. There are of course a lot of hoaxers and pranksters but many circles are not the work of them.
According to my personal findings I tend to believe that crop-circles are made by HAARP. Some debunkers have helped me in this by showing how they could hoax a genuine crop-circle. They microwaved the corn so geiger-counters would have higher readings which is one of the features of a genuine crop-circle. HAARP is a gigantic microwave which can direct its beam and is extremely variable in force/power outlet. They can scan and shoot with it. What's in between? Push!
The complexity has grown enormously since the first circles made headlines in the early 90s. Is it because the computers, including those at the HAARP-facilities evolved and their operators got more experienced in drawing complex grids?
Maybe nowadays they only have to scan an image and press "enter".

HAARP is the Answer!
edit on 16-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: edit

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry I can't take anyone seriously who is wearing a wrestling mask. And what's with the part 2, where can we get the coveted part 1?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

The problem with your argument is that it makes no sense to you. To an Alien race they may be a form of communication, a warning, or something we can't comprehend. To say that they dont make sense is dumb, because how can we comprehend another civilization?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

It it has something to tell us how about it gives us a message we can FREAKING UNDERSTAND.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This was just posted in a thread about crop circles (in UFO and aliens)

Originally posted by Regenstorm
The answer is in my opinion simple. There are of course a lot of hoaxers and pranksters but many circles are not the work of them.
According to my personal findings I tend to believe that crop-circles are made by HAARP. Some debunkers have helped me in this by showing how they could hoax a genuine crop-circle. They microwaved the corn so geiger-counters would have higher readings which is one of the features of a genuine crop-circle. HAARP is a gigantic microwave which can direct its beam and is extremely variable in force/power outlet. They can scan and shoot with it. What's in between? Push!
The complexity has grown enormously since the first circles made headlines in the early 90s. Is it because the computers, including those at the HAARP-facilities evolved and their operators got more experienced in drawing complex grids?
Maybe nowadays they only have to scan an image and press "enter".

HAARP is the Answer!
edit on 16-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: edit

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Surely HAARP isn't behind everything....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It is sad someone would think "HAARP" would be behind crop circles when it has been conclusively proven that humans make them.

Some people are just so desperate to believe ridiculous stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
It is sad someone would think "HAARP" would be behind crop circles when it has been conclusively proven that humans make them.

Some people are just so desperate to believe ridiculous stuff.

How many ways do you have to be shown that it is not possible to "conclusively" prove any such thing? Are you at all familiar with the concept of proof? Your opinion is not PROOF. Widespread belief is not PROOF.

The fact that *some* humans have made *some* circles is not proof that all circles have been made by humans. I could refer to earlier points in this very thread that demonstrate that fallacy, but I don't think you're absorbing them. Please go and read up on the concept of proof before further submitting your opinion as proof....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

You're right that what he said isn't proof BUT it isn't fallacious either. It's actually inductive reasoning and happens to be consistent with all known evidence about crop-circles.

Most crop circles are made by humans therefore crop circles are made by humans

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Ex_CT2

You're right that what he said isn't proof BUT it isn't fallacious either. It's actually inductive reasoning and happens to be consistent with all known evidence about crop-circles.

Most crop circles are made by humans therefore crop circles are made by humans

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well in the case of AGW the science is pretty well settled as far as the general idea of "we're causing it to get warmer than it otherwise would naturally be".

I do understand what you are saying though, far too often we are compelled to deal in absolutes, certainties, when the answers to questions are often more nuanced than black and white language allows us to express.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Who says the message is for us? Watch Ancient Aliens, I don't know how many times I can give you an answer before you actually listen to it. Episode one will talk about the Nazca Lines, check it out before you ask me any more questions that can already be answered.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I respect that you think crop circles have no point for the aliens and that its more likely to just be people screwing around.

The thing that made me roll my eyes is when you said they haven't visited Earth because of the whole light speed thing.
Like you said and I quote "You have to travel the speed of light. So far from what we can tell, you cannot."

Now Earth obviously isn't the oldest planet in the universe there are others and lets say one of those older planets has intelligent life. (Which is very possible seeing that there are billions of planet. Even the moons in our solar system have life, although they are micro-bacteria, but that just goes to show that there is life. Which makes room for there being more of a chance that some are intelligent)

Anyways, the speed of light cannot be accomplished as far as we know. But if we aren't the only ones out there, what says they aren't more advanced because they have been around longer. Everything takes time, even technology.

Think about this, do you think only 200 years ago people thought that computers and cell phones and playing freaking angry birds on an Ipod touch was possible? No.
They thought the same thing about technology as we do now about the speed of light, it can't be done.
So now what people 200 years ago thought to be impossible, lays in our pockets or in our attics gathering dust.
Its all about time, you can't say something like that is impossible when our planet and our people are just babies compared to what could be out there.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
reply to post by mac420

Who says the message is for us? Watch Ancient Aliens, I don't know how many times I can give you an answer before you actually listen to it. Episode one will talk about the Nazca Lines, check it out before you ask me any more questions that can already be answered.

Such a good show. Personally, I think there is more evidence in the past then there is in present day even with the technology we have now.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MyCigs

exactly, I am pretty convinced that we are an experiment in isolation. They were here a long time ago, gave us knowledge and messed with our DNA then started observing from a distance if we could evolve to the point of technology again. And we have. Now its a waiting game to see when they'll come back.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

But where's the evidence?
How about if the aliens you readily believe in are in fact the first human civilisation who deserted the planet millions of years ago for some unknown reason only to return and find another civilisation has grown behind it? What about if the aliens are time travellers from the future visiting us to warn us of some future disaster..? And why not consider this... That maybe, just maybe, aliens, time travellers and visitors from outer space "don't exist!" Or at least if they do, there's no evidence to show they are visiting Earth in flying saucers and black triangles.
"Where is the evidence?" Surely you're not presenting corn circles as evidence of alien visitation? Surely a superior and advanced race would find a way to communicate with us than easily replicatable depressions in corn!? It just doesn't make sense...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the great majority of crop circles are man-made, but there are some interesting examples of hard to replicate rapeseed circles. Elevenaugust put together a nice thread discussing the difficulties, "Crop-circles: do you really understand what’s going on in the rape seed fields?" Unfortunately not everything's always cut and dry.
edit on 17-6-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLordVeack

The evidence is apparent in Ancient Civilization structures. They made buildings we could not even do today with our tech. if you want obvious proof, like a picture of Obama with a Grey or a tissue sample, well your out of luck because we don't have access to such information. And I never said they were time travelers or first humans.

The top minds in the world accept that there is life out there. and most of them are of the opinion that they have visited earth and are still here.

and i never said crop circles were proof. im just saying the ones that were not made by humans could be messages the could not be. I DONT KNOW, no one does and no one will until our government decides to disclose the truth.

What I do know, is that we are not the only intelligent life out there, being as our planet is about 10 BILLION years younger than the rest of the universe.

hope i made sense, if not sorry ill try again tomorrow its bed time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join