It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots of little dots on the West Coast today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I fully admit that nature throws curve-balls and that in some rare cases man may speed up when something happens. I don't post on it often but I do watch the same stuff you do I think. Mostly I watch Los Angeles. I went to a College and a University near there in the 1970's as a Geology Major but never worked in that profession or carried on beyond my four years.

I know Los Angeles is beyond the threshold and in that rare case they can measure the forces. L.A. is due and every second that passes is a gift. Here they did some core drills in the flats northeast of here. They found a big one only happens around every 700 to 800 years.

The near 8 magnitude in 2001 (?) near Fairbanks gave us a good rock and roll. My dog slept through it (so much for that theory) and I watched my aquarium rock back and forth. With the house sitting on glacial till, it's like being in rowboat. Not at all like the quake in Los Angeles in 70 or 71(?). I was on a bus and did not know until the bus driver announced it and we started seeing the facades on Wilshire laying in the street. The other quakes there were like being thrown all at once. In fact one threw me off a couch.

I see you post lots of threads, nice to meet you. I enjoy these threads.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So you're in Alaska? Been there a few times. The last was over the White Pass from Whitehorse YK to get to Skagway and down with the ferry to Prince Rupert BC. Hell of a trip as I almost didn't make it out of there. Started in Dawson and seen snow in my rear view. I was on a bike and it was Sept. Hell of a ride!

Sounds like you have a good knowledge base to draw from. I appreciate your input and nice to meet you as well!

Jude11

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on USGS since the
quake on Easter last year, but all is still here in Orange County.
I assume all those small quakes mean the faults are slowly
letting of pressure.

The last couple weeks the Elsinore & Whittier faults have kicked
up a little (the Whittier fault is practically under my feet) & I'm
concerned as nothing has shook since last year.

<< 1   >>

join