It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Arrests C.I.A. Informants in Bin Laden Raid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

How do we know it's not a scam and the U.S. hasn't already disabled their nukes?

We could have sent a team in there years ago and did this.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well if I remember correctly it was a Pakistani (AQ Khan? sp?) who sold some nuke secrets to Iran.. I can still see some of their folks doing this.

I don't see them giving up their nukes though.. it's the Mutual Assured Destruction deal between India and Pakistan

that keeps them from going at each other..

That's one of the reasons I don't see the US ever going to war with Pakistan, if we did, and if we won, how would we be able to leave without seeing India sweeping into the power vacuum and absorbing Pakistan?

No matter how you slice it, it's an ugly scene.. the entire region is.. why? ask the folks who are profiting from this chaos..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

How do we know it's not a scam and the U.S. hasn't already disabled their nukes?

We could have sent a team in there years ago and did this.

I hope they did. It would be a wise move.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I don't see India launching a missile unless backed into a corner. I do see Pakistan allowing a terrorist group to lay their hands on their missiles however. India's are to counter Pakistan. Different thing I think.

I agree with most of your posts. Just to clear things up though India's nukes came first, they started the arms race there in regards to nukes. Not to say that Pakistan wouldn't have pursued nukes anyway.

It's very difficult to put the nuclear genie back in the bottle, only place it's been done is South Africa. The NPT treaty shouldn't be voluntary. No other nations should be allowed to obtain nukes. We have enough idiots with nukes now, no need to get even more idiots with them.

I think the betting money on the first full nuclear exchange will happen between Pakistan and India, after India inflicts a major military defeat on Pakistan in their next conventional war. Pakistan will feel it has to use their nukes to stop their defeat and India will respond right back with their nukes.

Hopefully it will serve as an object lesson for the rest of the world. No one wins when engaged in a nuclear war.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I agree and that plays no small part in my thoughts. I started watching that area perhaps in the later part of the 1980's. I've thought since then this might be the flash point.

I do think India is beyond that now, but I don't know. I'd hope so. Their dispute has always made little sense to me.

I'm glad I'm not the one to make decisions. I find it hard to criticize those who do have to decide these things. They certainly make enough mistakes, but could I do any better? I'm good at Chess but this is a level beyond. Nobody can think that many moves ahead and yet they must address it somehow.

Interesting discussion, thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

That is true, however the climate is very different in India now I think. I'm not sure what was true then is true now. I frankly can only guess like everyone else. The wrong person in charge and who knows.

I still have this gut feeling that has plagued me for many years, that Pakistan will be the real flash point. As I've watched over the years, the feeling intensifies. Perhaps too many fried brain cells from my youth.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yeah well good luck attacking Pakistan.

In a few hours, Pakistan will be made full member of the SCO... attacking Pakistan would be like attacking China and Russia.

So that's why they waited till now to do this... they have China and Russia's backing.

The US should just cut foreign aid to Pakistan and let India deal with it.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
the cia informant arrests are just a retaliation for making pakistan look stupid.

the have to save face in the muslim world.

the worlds only nuclear islamic state obama needs to tread lightly if at all.

cut off all ties and aid to pakistan i say.

we already know everything we need to know about a "supposed ally"

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

In my humble opinion, we should take out Pakistan's nuclear capabilities entirely, pack our bags and close our borders to anyone coming from there.

If you do that, it will give open season to Israel to invade the saudi oil fields. Paksitan is the only deterrent in the region that is preventing all hell from breaking loose.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

cut off all ties and aid to pakistan i say.

we already know everything we need to know about a "supposed ally"

See that's what I mean by doing it "cowboy style". It's better for us to have some people in a our pocket there with the aid rather than no influence whatsoever in the only Islamic Country with nuclear weapons. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. I'm pretty sure we probably have a contingency plan to capture or disable Pakistan's nukes. It would be a very risky venture, though, especially if we didn't have any influence with people in power in Pakistan. You can't just kick Pakistan to the curb and expect the situation to be better by doing that.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

If you do that, it will give open season to Israel to invade the saudi oil fields. Paksitan is the only deterrent in the region that is preventing all hell from breaking loose.

Israel and Saudi Arabia are closet allies or at least working on similar goals. There is no way Israel could occupy S.A. and the U.S. would never let the Saudi oil supply be disrupted. It's just not going to happen. Pakistan got nukes to counter India's nukes, not to serve as a check on Israel.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

that is laughable considering we "had pakistan" in our pockets and looked how well that turned out.

harboring bin laden warning him where we were and what we were doing.

nah get out of pakistan

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

If you do that, it will give open season to Israel to invade the saudi oil fields.

Israel invading Saudi Oil fields? WHAT? Seriously, what are you smoking?

No way in a thousand years that happens.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

In my humble opinion, we should take out Pakistan's nuclear capabilities entirely, pack our bags and close our borders to anyone coming from there.

I hope you don't really believe this. Pakistan? A deterrent from hell breaking loose? Have you watched the news lately? Israel invade the Saudi oil fields?

I sorry but you're giving Pakistan way too much credit where none is due and greatly underestimating the civility of the Israeli government.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

if anyone needs to invade saudi arabia we need to

we still owe them for 9-11.

but that will never happen just like isreal will never invade saudi arabia.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

if anyone needs to invade saudi arabia we need to

we still owe them for 9-11.

but that will never happen just like isreal will never invade saudi arabia.

The best way to get back at Saudi Arabia is to make them drink their oil and eat their sand.

If the United States could end their dependence on oil from the Middle East, they'd have to rely on China to make any money and China won't pussyfoot around like the bureaucrats in Wahington does. They'd be in deep ca-ca, but the elected officials in the US don't have the balls to do this.

I say just break off all relations with Pakistan and give what ever aid we were giving them to India and see what happens from there.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

yeah im with you on that

but the war in the middle east is about oil that thing that drives this nations economy

and the flip side of that is keep russia and china from taking it as well.

iran wants to put a pipleline through afghanistan to pakistan and india

but that pesky little war there put the kabosh on that one.

there are many players in the game of oil just wish we could get the hell off it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Oh, fer Pete's sake... Pakistan's a goddamned TRIBAL SOCIETY! They aren't even a 'state' in any functional, real sense. We killed a tribal elder in bin Laden and they are pissed. Of COURSE they are going to go after our informants -- what else _can_ they do? The 'governing' parties can't let such an 'insult' as the the US actually, y'know, not trusting them after their repeated demonstrations that they can't be trusted, stand. Gotta save face, y'know. Gotta make sure 'respect' is shown, regardless of whether it has been earned or squandered.

FRACK EM.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I see the "attacking Pakistan will mean China and Russia would get involved" claim all the time and it's actually quite funny when you think of it. Do you honestly expect Russia for example would sacrifice Moscow for some 3rd world country like Pakistan? If the chips were down, and it really came down to it, do you honestly expect China would sacrifice Beijing for Islamabad?

Not in a million years.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Why would anyone attack bejing or moscow? The war would be fought in pakistan with support coming from both sides. No one would be threatening each others homeland.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join