It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Arrests C.I.A. Informants in Bin Laden Raid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — Pakistan’s top military spy agency has arrested some of the Pakistani informants who fed information to the Central Intelligence Agency in the months leading up to the raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden, according to American officials.
Pakistan’s detention of five C.I.A. informants, including a Pakistani Army major who officials said copied the license plates of cars visiting Bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in the weeks before the raid, is the latest evidence of the fractured relationship between the United States and Pakistan. It comes at a tim
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I just home and logged onto the internet and this is the first news article that came up. I did a search and seen it had not been posted yet so here it is.

My comments on this story is that Pakistan is not going to let the US live the raid down that is responsible for the death of Osama bin Laden. The informants that leaked the whereabouts of Osama to the CIA had done the world a favor. Now that these informants have been arrested, the Pakistani government has put their lives as well as their families lives at risk.

American officials said Mr. Panetta presented satellite photographs of two bomb-making factories that American spies several weeks ago had asked the ISI to raid. When Pakistani troops showed up days later, the militants were gone, causing American officials to question whether the militants had been warned by someone on the Pakistani side.

Does this sound like the cooperation of a supposedly "ally" of the United States' war on terror?

It'll be interesting on how the Obama administration plays this out.

www.nytimes.com

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yes let's go to war with Pakistan.

1. war on terror
2. war on drugs
3. Iraq
4. Afghanistan
5. Libya
6. Yemen
7. ????? who's next ?????

I'll see your 7 and raise it 3 for an even 10 - Syria? Iran? North Korea?

This is insane.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

It's not surprising, considering the suspicions that some within the Pakistan government & military have been helping out those who are being sought in this counter terrorism effort..

I think that the US could find other uses for the $2 billion a year that then country sends to Pakistan...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Boy we got ourselves in a mess didn't we? Now we have to invade another country because they're arresting our government moles.

When will this end?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Maybe its as simple as those arrested being suspected of committing a crime?.. Pakistan allowed to have laws?..or is being a traitor ok worldwide as long as it suits GOP & DNC interests?

Un-indited bin laden, if he was even alive which I doubt, is only guilty of US politicians allegations..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, we should take out Pakistan's nuclear capabilities entirely, pack our bags and close our borders to anyone coming from there.

I've been predicting for more than 20 years, the spark that ignites the next great war would in fact come from Pakistan and I sit by and wait to be proven correct.

How any sane country can leave nuclear weapons in their hands boggles the mind. The whole world is insane to not end that right now, let alone decades ago when it would have been far easier to do. May as well hand the craziest people on the planet the codes to launch and let them get it over with.

Of that two billion a year, I wonder how much is funneled back to those making sure they get it? What other explanation makes sense?

Anyway, watch Pakistan. It is far more dangerous than Iran. Perhaps it is keep your enemies closer? I hope so.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Yes let's go to war with Pakistan.

1. war on terror
2. war on drugs
3. Iraq
4. Afghanistan
5. Libya
6. Yemen
7. ????? who's next ?????

I'll see your 7 and raise it 3 for an even 10 - Syria? Iran? North Korea?

This is insane.

Why are you jumping to conclusions? Is everything about war? No! I didn't mention anything about going to war with Pakistan so why bring it up unless you are the one who is hell-bent on going to war with them.

My argument is simple: cut off the $ Billions in aid that going to the poor excuse for a country and withdraw anything and everything that has anything to do with the United States.

Tell the Pakistanis they're on their own.

Earthquakes? Not a dime. Terrorists? Not one red cent. Floods? I hope they can swim.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — Pakistan’s top military spy agency has arrested some of the Pakistani informants who fed information to the Central Intelligence Agency in the months leading up to the raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden, according to American officials.
Pakistan’s detention of five C.I.A. informants, including a Pakistani Army major who officials said copied the license plates of cars visiting Bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in the weeks before the raid, is the latest evidence of the fractured relationship between the United States and Pakistan. It comes at a tim

i wonder how and when is the war going to stop. +_+

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
it was destiny's game ....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Maybe its as simple as those arrested being suspected of committing a crime?

If they commited a crime that's unrelated to the raid on Osama, then why make the fact known they were informants?

It sounds as though you're sympathizing with the cause Osama started.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

We wouldn't care a rat's @#@ if Pakistan didn't have nuclear weapons. They are a major problem that needs to be dealt with in a sophisticated manner. We can't go all cowboy on them and hope everything works out ok.

We can't get their nukes and they are playing all sides for their benefit, makes it hard to get the results we need from them. The ISI is where all the problems are, hopefully not the military too now.

edit on 14-6-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I understand where you are coming from in regards to nukes.. but I think it's due to the Pakistan-India relationship that Pakistan is allowed to keep them..

As far as what happens from here?

With all of the high profile ALQaeda killings... guess #2 Zawahiri must be hiding in one of the Saddam spider holes, I can see the US pulling out of Afghanistan / Pakistan areas claiming victory and relinquishing control back to the Taliban..

The other nations that were mentioned earlier in this thread could very well be the next destination for the troops. I don't see the US leaving the region anytime soon..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I want to assume this is true, and think we are justified in our future war in Pakistan, but I can't.

This may be a lie, fabricated to justify war with Pakistan.

Either way, I smell Pakistani blood in Under 6 months.
edit on 14-6-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I meant that this is how this information will be processed. It's all precursors to war with Pakistan, they've been getting us ready for this for awhile.

I didn't mean for you to get the impression I thought YOU were warmongering.

Heck, I S & F 'd it

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
...I smell Pakistani blood in Under 6 months.

I don't see it. Osama is dead. Top Al Qaeda leaders are dead. Pakistan is a cesspool. SUre they have nukes. They can't reach US mainland. If they want to bark at India, then let them go ahead. We'll just have to tell our grandchildren about how Pakistan had a chance to do what was right but chose not to take it.

If anyone gets into a war with Pakistan it'll be India. I know some guys from India and they hate the Pakistanis with great passion.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

That would mean Pakistan is harboring terrorists and mass murderers knowingly. What fool would allow that to continue? Perhaps a "damn fool"?

My neighbor can do drugs in his house and I don't care. He can pray to Hitler or Satan and I don't care, it is none of my concern. He places a building full of explosives right next to my house and it becomes my business and I care very much. This is the same thing exactly.

Russia will never launch a Nuke. China won't either. Pakistan will and may do so any day now. Whole different thing. Pakistan does not even have a real government in charge. If Bin Laden could hide there like that, the terrorists can get their hands on those Nukes. I think that makes it everyone's business. Anyone with any sense I mean.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I don't see India launching a missile unless backed into a corner. I do see Pakistan allowing a terrorist group to lay their hands on their missiles however. India's are to counter Pakistan. Different thing I think.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

I meant that this is how this information will be processed. It's all precursors to war with Pakistan, they've been getting us ready for this for awhile.

I didn't mean for you to get the impression I thought YOU were warmongering.

Heck, I S & F 'd it

Maybe I jumped to conclusions.

It's a real shame that the US can pump $ Billions into Pakistan for the sake of holding onto an illusion that Pakistan is our friend. It's time to stop trying to appease to the world and concentrate on efforts at home. There is no cure for rabid animals. Well, there is one but many people won't like it.

BTW, I apologize if I jumped to conclusions and thanks for the S & F!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I understand the difficulties and it's really not something for which you can assign blame I think. But... it has to be dealt with now that the problem exists. This should be a real lesson in why countries like Iran should be kept free of these weapons for the worlds sake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join