It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What other preparedness is going on for a possible major catastrophe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have decided to remain on the fence about whether or not the impending apocalypse is near. I try to be reasonable and skeptical when possible of any prophecies and predictions. I do however find it very strange that people and governments are creating bunkers and stockpiles of food and seed. If something is being kept secret from us, I think it is safe to say there are signs to be looked at.

I can only think of and remember a few of the stories out there, but it does make me wonder WTH may be going on???

My goal with this thread is to put together what is known as fact of preparedness, going on right now, of things that could be signs that we are being kept in the dark. I’m sure there are many other stories out there that need to be shared. Here are the few that make me raise my eyebrows:

ScienceDaily (Feb. 9, 2007) — The Norwegian government has revealed the architectural design for the Svalbard International Seed Vault, to be carved deep into frozen rock on an island not far from the North Pole. The entrance to the "fail-safe" seed vault will "gleam like a gem in the midnight sun," signaling a priceless treasure within: seed samples of nearly every food crop of every country. The vault is designed to protect the agricultural heritage of humankind -- the seeds essential to agriculture of every nation.

Source

There are signs that underground shelters, almost-forgotten relics of the Cold War era, are making a comeback.

The Vivos network, which offers partial ownerships similar to a timeshare in underground shelter communities, is one of several ventures touting escape from a surface-level calamity.

Radius Engineering in Terrell, Texas, has built underground shelters for more than three decades, and business has never been better, says Walton McCarthy, company president.

Source

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert.

A major initiative has been placed on Family/Personal Preparedness for all NASA personnel. The NASA Family/Personal Preparedness Program is designed to provide awareness, resources, and tools to the NASA Family (civil servants and contractors) to prepare for an emergency situation. The most important assets in the successful completion of NASA’s mission are our employees’ and their families. We are taking the steps to prepare our workforce, but it is your personal obligation to prepare yourself and your families for emergencies.

Source

Source

Now I am by no means saying this really does mean anything... I'm just saying it makes me curious especially when there is probably more out there. Seeing it all together with actual sources just makes me go hmmm.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I forgot to add the possibility of DIA (Denver International Airport). Although this hasn't been proven to be a "bunker" or safehaven, something large was built there that could house a lot of people in the necessary circumstances.

Here is some info on that: DIA Info

Not to mention the numerous threads here on ATS already..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
sounds like preparing for some sort of nuclear war to be honest.

join