It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Textbook

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

And I thought Freemasonry was "tolerant" of all religious beliefs. Why would they care if you believed in the Egyptian Religious Rite?

He wasn't talking about a religious rite, he was talking about a Masonic rite, namely, the Rite of Memphis.

The Rite of Memphis is no longer worked as a system within orthodox Freemasonry. However, those degrees are available to study for Masons who are members of the Grand College of Rites.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
"You are not to suffer your zeal for the institution to lead you into argument with those who through ignorance may ridicule it. At your leisure hours, that you may improve in Masonic knowledge, you are to converse with well-informed Brethren, who will always be as ready to give as you will be to receive instruction. Finally, keep sacred and inviolate the mysteries of the Order, as these are to distinguish you from the rest of the community and mark your consequence among Masons. If in the circle of your acquaintance, you find a person desirous of being initiated into Masonry, be particularly careful not to recommend him unless you are satisfied that he will conform to our rules; to the end that the reputation, honor and welfare of the institution may be firmly established and the world at large convinced of its good effects."

This is part of the charge of an Entered Apprentice from the by-laws of the Lodge, Manual of Free and Accepted Masons

more excerpts to come....stay to tuned

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScytheofTime
"You are not to suffer your zeal for the institution to lead you into argument with those who through ignorance may ridicule it. At your leisure hours, that you may improve in Masonic knowledge, you are to converse with well-informed Brethren, who will always be as ready to give as you will be to receive instruction. Finally, keep sacred and inviolate the mysteries of the Order, as these are to distinguish you from the rest of the community and mark your consequence among Masons. If in the circle of your acquaintance, you find a person desirous of being initiated into Masonry, be particularly careful not to recommend him unless you are satisfied that he will conform to our rules; to the end that the reputation, honor and welfare of the institution may be firmly established and the world at large convinced of its good effects."

This is part of the charge of an Entered Apprentice from the by-laws of the Lodge, Manual of Free and Accepted Masons

more excerpts to come....stay to tuned

More excerpts will be appreciated!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

edit on 14-10-2011 by reverandrandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by DRAZIW

Actually there isn't. In regards to the Scottish Rite there is no degree above the 33°. The Egyptian Rites or Rites of Memphis & Mizraim is not recognized. Membership in such an organization would lead to my expulsion from all Freemasonry.

And I thought Freemasonry was "tolerant" of all religious beliefs. Why would they care if you believed in the Egyptian Religious Rite?

to make this clear, if I sat in a lodge of Memphis Mizriam masons talking about masonry, I could be expelled from masonry because they are considered clandestine. It all has to do with the rules. Much like Prince hall masonry was considered clandestine in my state until a couple years ago. Now it's recognized. I don't know the reason it is clandestine, only that it is. But I as a mason am tolerant of other brothers beliefs. There are members on this board who belong to clandestine groups as far as my state is concerned, but they still are my brothers and they still hold some of the same values as I do. And it's not a religious belief, it's a masonic order.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=12422260]ImAwareSC[/post

I definitely have the book my friend, still do, but I made this post when I was new to ATS and honestly unsure as to what to do once the Masons started chiming in about things, then forgot about the post due to that little thing called life.

Now am I STILL willing to upload EVERY page of the book? No. But I wouldn't mind scanning some interesting stuff if anyone is still interested.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GoldenObserver

Great Find OP! If you are able to read it, and it seems you can by some of what you posted, the contents would be considered "monitorial" in my jurisdiction.That being said, you could technically put into the public domain. I don't know the customs in West Virginia, but in California no one bats an eye at this kind of stuff.

Some of the old timers might frown on it, but there is not a single masonic secret that's not already in the public domain hasn't already been published or sprayed all over anyway. Some of them were published almost 200 years ago. Very little of our "Secret Society" is secret at all.

I will add, that there is some very interesting esoteric information sprinkled throughout masonry and some very serious thought and study will reveal much of it, but it isn't like this information is exclusively in masonry, much of it is in different ancient texts and practices and not that difficult to find. You only need to how to dig for them.

So I would say "Awesome Find" and learn as much as you can about it.

edit on 2-7-2014 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldenObserver
I was doing some spring cleaning today and stumbled across my great uncles masonic textbook. The title is "Masonic Text Book For use Of The Lodges In West Virginia. I've been skimming through it but i'm not shure what to make of it. Would anyone be interested in seeing some of the passages in it?

The table of contents is as follows:

Introductory matters, which include Landmarks - 7 to 27
Opening and Closing of Lodges - 29 to 32
Entered Apprentice Degree - 33 to 58
Fellow Craft Degree - 59 to 72
Master mason's Degree - 73 to 95
Constituting New Lodges - 96 to 112

Installation of officers -
Subordinate Lodges - 113 to 138
Grand lodgeb- 139 to 156

Dedication of masonic Halls - 157 to 1743
Laying of Corner Stones - 174 to 190
Funeral Service - 191 to 206

Forms -
Forms for Use by Secrataries - 210 to 226
Instructions to Lodges U.D - 228 to 229
Standard Form of By-Laws - 230

I am not exactly sure of the date the book was printed, as I haven't seen it anywhere yet, but it does say in the front that this is the fifteenth edition.

Anyways I hope everyone is interested in what this has to say and can help shed some light on it, just feel free to pick a topic. If anyone wants pictures I will have them up ASAP. Thanks Guys.

It would be great if you could scan it and post it to the net or if that is too daunting you could video tape a walk through of the parts you found interesting and post it to YouTube.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FW4ats

If you aren't too cheap, you can buy one on ebay.

Just don't read it out loud. It will invoke the evil spirit Balphomet and he gets really cranky if you wake him up and don't have a sacrifice ready.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join