It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Textbook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thats is what I wonder also. If no sounds were heard, maybe the walls were just that thick, or maybe, if you have an open mind, other sources were being used to build the building? Maybe it was all done by hand? I am really not shure, but I would love to know.

Also Thank you The GUT, for being as interested as I am in this find.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver

Very interesting. keep divulging.
These people have so much to hide.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

Very interesting. keep divulging.
These people have so much to hide.

I don't think the everyday sort of member has much to hide. They don't really shy away from owning that it has an esoteric/occult base.

I don't profess to know if anything exceptionally sinister is practiced--or not--by some Cabal at the top, but I can see how their method of encouraging personal growth would be attractive to some.

More GoldenObserver.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

edit on 6/14/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Heres another string of sections from the " Fellow Craft"

Interesting stuff right there.

Gotta be honest here... if you really respected your uncle, you wouldn't be posting this on here. How do you think he would feel about you posting something that was so important to him on a conspiracy website?
edit on 6/14/2011 by YourPopRock because: Do not want to post Copywrited materials

edit on 6/14/2011 by YourPopRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I really am not sure how he would feel, theres just as good a possibility that the only reason he was in the Masons is because he wanted to KNOW, as their is a possibility that he was a devout Mason. Maybe he wanted people to know these things, maybe he didn't. I don't know. I'll never know, and neither will you. BUT what I do know is that this is in my possession now, and I want people to know, brecause it's the only way I can unserstand it better, as I am pretty shure a Mason will not divulge these meanings, so i turn to the theories and speculations of the good ole ATS'ers interested.

On another Note, to The Gut. I totally agree with the personal growth being appealing. I even am very appealed by some of the ways that they articulate the seriousness of the Earth and spirituality and the helping of fellow people. It is totally opposite of everything i've ever heard about Free Masons, not to say that they don't have some bad things going on behind the curtains, but it is interesting none the less.
edit on 6/14/2011 by GoldenObserver because: Adding Text

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

Just know this, you are posting copywrited material. Copywrited by what many think is the most powerful organization on the planet. Think that is a good idea? (Like if what some on here say is true, a lawsuit would be the LEAST of your worries!)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I guess I shall see what happens. If you do not like these posts, please do not even worry about them. Thank You.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
Gotta be honest here... if you really respected your uncle, you wouldn't be posting this on here. How do you think he would feel about you posting something that was so important to him on a conspiracy website?
edit on 6/14/2011 by YourPopRock because: Do not want to post Copywrited materials

edit on 6/14/2011 by YourPopRock because: (no reason given)

In addition to the reasons GoldenObserver stated, I would also proffer the possibility that his great-uncle might have joined for reasons socio-economic so to speak.

No matter: GO didn't make an oath to the organization and I hope his great-uncle would respect his decision, interest, and enthusiasm over a not-so-secret-as-they-come Masonic document.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by YourPopRock

I guess I shall see what happens. If you do not like these posts, please do not even worry about them. Thank You.

Just curious how the lodge in your area that owns the copywrite would like the posts... Think it is worth asking?

Seriously, it is one thing to research Masons and Illuminati and all that stuff, but posting copywrited stuff is just a really bad idea. Ask Napster and Limewire!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

I tend to agree with YourPopRocks, that it is disrespectful to your Great Uncle's memory. There may be a few enlightened interpretations among those that are jaded by prejudice but you will have trouble knowing one from the other. Besides, you have the meaning in that book of yours, what you lack is the context.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Some of y'all seem a little picky & prudish to me. It's probably old enough to be out of copyright anyway mebbe? I dunno.

And, while the occult nature of the org is not for me, so far this post has been a pretty good advertisement for the Masons. I'm sure some will see this and be intrigued enough to inquire if it might be for them.

Then again, that last part, maybe that's not a good thing to do.

edit on 14-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I kindly ask all who have nothing to add to the discussion to leave. This is a topic concerning the book, not my great uncle, nor posting copyrighted material.

Also, this book is DEFINATELY old enough to be out of copyright. It fell apart a loooooooong time ago. It has been in this bookshelf I found it in for 30+ years at least.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Being an author myself, it would really tick me off if someone posted word for word my copywrited material online without my express written permission first - regardless of the intent.

Frankly, I would sue everyone involved... the poster, the website even the company who hosts the servers and the op's ISP. I have unfortunately had to do that in the past... although it was an easy victory in court, it was not the way I ever intended my writing to make me money.

People should really think before they post things that they did not write.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, you do have your right to free speech, and you do make valid points, but some have different outlooks on these thiings. Some believe that art, in any form, the manifestation of the mind, is NOT something to be used to make money, it is to be seen by all, to make the biggest impact possible, I am just helping out, that is all.

"On Another Note" That is quite curteous of you. I'm happy that you haven nothing better to do than hide the truth, thus so you reveal the intentions you have towards the release of knowledge to the people.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Well, you do have your right to free speech, and you do make valid points, but some have different outlooks on these thiings. Some believe that art, in any form, the manifestation of the mind, is NOT something to be used to make money, it is to be seen by all, to make the biggest impact possible, I am just helping out, that is all.

A noble thought. Enjoy your lawsuit. lol

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
post removed by staff

That was cold. And less than 'family' in our lil' community here. Bet ya the author is dead and I bet it wasn't copywrited in his name anyway. So there.

If any of this worries you GO you could paraphrase some. I wouldn't blame if you just gave up on it, but I think it's a good thread. Hope you keep your excitement for your familial find.

edit on Fri Jun 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
NO! This thread will stand. This does not worry me, as I look at the book and see not ONE word pertaining to copyrights or being unable to copy the text. Not One.

AHA! I retract that statement, I found the pdate. "Published By The Grand Lode"
16th Edition

I seriously doubt this is copyrighted lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

That was cold. And less than 'family' in our lil' community here. Bet ya the author is dead and I bet it wasn't copywrited in his name anyway. So there.

If any of this worries you GO you could paraphrase some. I wouldn't blame if you just gave up on it, but I think it's a good thread. Hope you keep your excitement for your familial find.

It holds an organizational copywrite.

I agree with the point... paraphrase is the way to talk on material like this. It is also the way to keep your butt out of a sling with the intricate copywrite laws in the United States.

I have no sympathy for someone who posts word for word without proper credit, citation or expressed written permission being obtained in advance. Do you think that Masonic Monitor you hold in your hand wasn't thought out? Wasn't difficult to write? Do you think you have a right to simply take the work of others and post it all over as you see fit? That has NOTHING to do with free speech - I encourage you to speak freely... Simply use your own thoughts and your own words.
edit on Fri Jun 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: BIG QUOTE edited

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join