It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Textbook

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by DRAZIW
But Albert Pike admitted in writing that he lied. So, maybe he didn't really understand Freemasonry?
No, actually. He said that meanings change with more context for understanding.

In the higher Degrees those only should be received who have sufficient reading and information to discuss the great questions of philosophy. From them the Orators of the Lodges should be selected, as well as those of the Councils and Chapters. They are charged to suggest such measures as are necessary to make Masonry entirely faithful to the spirit of its institution, both as to its charitable purposes, and the diffusion of light and knowledge; such as are needed to correct abuses that have crept in, and offences against the rules and general spirit of the Order; and such as will tend to make it, as it was meant to be, the great Teacher of Mankind.

Morals & Dogma, page 332

But wasn't it you that said a $100 and a weekend and you can go from a hatchling to a 32 Degree?

On the other thing, you are incorrigible.
Nicely done!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Where did he lie? I must have missed that.

reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Hell the Boise Valley Scottish Rite only charged me like $70 to join. I go through the ceremonies in a few weeks.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by DRAZIW

Hell the Boise Valley Scottish Rite only charged me like $70 to join. I go through the ceremonies in a few weeks.

He didn't lie!

Definition of INCORRIGIBLE:

incapable of being corrected or amended: as

a (1) : not reformable

What level will you be when you finish the ceremonies?

Ribbit

Ps: He's got a Fnord hidden in his Avatar. Have you found it?

edit on 6-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

My meaning has changed, but my words remain the same.

I grew up in a small town that had two karate clubs. At one club, you could pay for your grade belts and progress faster. At the other club, you had to earn the grade belts with years of training. These two schools had contests every year against each other. The brown belts of one school would beat the black belts of the other school. The losing team would then complain that the other school was cheating, putting lower grade belts on higher grade students to gain advantage at the tournament. I guess Freemasonry is much like that. In some lodges there's real training, and in other lodges there's symbolic gestures and cash transfers. The lodge in which you earn your jewels is probably more significant than the jewels themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

My meaning has changed, but my words remain the same.

I grew up in a small town that had two karate clubs. At one club, you could pay for your grade belts and progress faster. At the other club, you had to earn the grade belts with years of training. These two schools had contests every year against each other. The brown belts of one school would beat the black belts of the other school. The losing team would then complain that the other school was cheating, putting lower grade belts on higher grade students to gain advantage at the tournament. I guess Freemasonry is much like that. In some lodges there's real training, and in other lodges there's symbolic gestures and cash transfers. The lodge in which you earn your jewels is probably more significant than the jewels themselves.

It's no different than the Truth.

You can buy the Truth, which most peeps dew and then they've bought someone else's Truth, it isn't theirs, or you can (L)earn it, then it belongs to you and because you earned it the hard way, by questioning it thoroughly, you know it's the Truth, or, at least, there's a better chance it is the Truth.

Problem is, most peeps try to prove their Truth is the Truth, instead of trying to prove it isn't the Truth.

"The best way to never be wrong, is to never be right." - Old Toad Proverb

Masonry shouldn't be any different!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I guess Freemasonry is much like that. In some lodges there's real training, and in other lodges there's symbolic gestures and cash transfers. The lodge in which you earn your jewels is probably more significant than the jewels themselves.
In the Blue Lodges, you must (or should, at least) prove suitable progress in the preceding degree before progressing to the next.

The Scottish Rite, however, over the years has determined that its lessons could take a lifetime to learn. So now, they show you some of the allegorical plays in a weekend, hand you a book, and tell you that the learning and interpretation is now up to you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I will be a 32°. Even with all my awesomeness I cannot override the process to receive the KCCH or 33°. I am busier with the York Rite right now though.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
OK I have read posts from masons saying an atheist could "lie and join" others stating that between the different "cells" there could be not much in common. And still others saying they basically "bought" their way. No wonder our country and the countries of the world are so effed up. Are masons often the leaders, the politicians , the management? is it time the non masons OCCUPY FREEMASONRY ? I have heard one of my masonic relatives say there is a "black lodge" but he was not talking about race. These folks are on a left hand path of lies and deceit and they should NOT BE RUNNING THINGS. They should be under surveillance and all of their "secrets" brought to the public light. I'm sure there is some criminality they wish to keep hidden.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by partycrasher

We don't use the term cell, we use Lodge or Grand Lode or jurisdiction. There are only minor differences but all recognized Grand Lodges still follow the traditional landmarks.

Everyone pays the fees for the initiation but must follow the rules for advancement.

There are some Masons in politics but the fraternity does not dictate what we do in our vocation.

Occupy Freemadonry? Like those protests? Now we're going to protest CONSTITUTIONALLY guaranteed and protected organizations?? Are we going to start pushing for fascist policies and pandering to fearmongerers?

Yes I'm sure your relatives told you these "damning" things. If I asked you to prove this you'd day you won't endanger them (or yourself) by giving their name or something to that effect.

Who says we're running things? You still haven't established who is a Mason and who isn't. All you've done is yelled and called for our destruction. You've made no log

Our secrets and rituals are all over the net. What more do you want? If you want to be in our Lodge so badly just join you don't need to sick Big Brother on us, we're still free citizens.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If you want to protest, PM me when you want this so I can watch with popcorn.

You can protest all you want, but remember our Lodges are private property and it wouldn't look good if during the protest there was vandalism, or B&E.

EDIT: Go ahead and protest me, and my group. Protesting isn't going to stop us.
edit on 6-10-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If you want to protest, PM me when you want this so I can watch with popcorn.

You can protest all you want, but remember our Lodges are private property and it wouldn't look good if during the protest there was vandalism, or B&E.

he wouldn't. He is just a armchair general. Its best not to worry about this person. Sounds like a really bad troll or if he isn't he is just a keyboard warrior.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Yeah but I am really wanting him to come out and protest me. I don't think he'd do it, but I'd laugh if he did.

I say "Bring It On".

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by partycrasher
Are masons often the leaders, the politicians , the management?
No, they're not and haven't been in over a generation. Next question please.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I will be a 32°. Even with all my awesomeness I cannot override the process to receive the KCCH or 33°. I am busier with the York Rite right now though.

...and when you do get to the 32° just remember you're only yet one-third of the way there...for there are 96° in the complete system...that only the select few go on higher to achieve...

www.scribd.com...

and yet again, after all that rise, you can finally turn to the Holy Bible and rise even higher...go beyond the 96° and seek that ultimate goal..at the top of Jacob's Ladder.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

...and when you do get to the 32° just remember you're only yet one-third of the way there...for there are 96° in the complete system...that only the select few go on higher to achieve...

No, in the Scottish Rite there are 33 degrees. You're talking about the Rite of Memphis, which had 96 degrees, with an additional honorary 97th degree. That was a completely different Rite of Masonry, and is no longer practiced within orthodox Freemasonry.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

www.scribd.com...

and yet again, after all that rise, you can finally turn to the Holy Bible and rise even higher...go beyond the 96° and seek that ultimate goal..at the top of Jacob's Ladder.

I have to disagree about the bible comment.

If you want to rise above all, you must turn to ALL, not just ONE Source.

How dew you know anything in any bible is the truth, if that's your primary Source? You don't! You just assume it is and from there, you create the world as you see fit.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

If you want to rise above all, you must turn to ALL, not just ONE Source.

Ribbit

Actually, this is true. You must turn to other source also. The bible is just a "summary" of the all. To get the whole picture, it needs to be "expanded" by other sources. However, some people have a "memory" of the truth in their inward parts, and the mere mention of a particular truth in summary form found in the bible is sufficient to "recall to mind" the whole truth for those people; for them the bible is sufficient.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Actually there isn't. In regards to the Scottish Rite there is no degree above the 33°. The Egyptian Rites or Rites of Memphis & Mizraim is not recognized. Membership in such an organization would lead to my expulsion from all Freemasonry.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

Actually there isn't. In regards to the Scottish Rite there is no degree above the 33°. The Egyptian Rites or Rites of Memphis & Mizraim is not recognized. Membership in such an organization would lead to my expulsion from all Freemasonry.

And I thought Freemasonry was "tolerant" of all religious beliefs. Why would they care if you believed in the Egyptian Religious Rite?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Its not about tolerance of a religion but this Rite is not an accepted Masonic Order. Don't spin this.

Here is an article that talks about this unorthodox body: freemasonry.bcy.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join