It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Textbook

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You can't make good people better in the way it is implied, only better at doing something, acting in a way.
Shortly put the heart can't be improved by lecture and has another notion. You can only become better as a robot, as in doing things, being polite for example. But being polite has nothing to do with the kindness of the heart.

Polite, is just like politics, saying hello to people and smiling at them even if you don't really mean it, or what on what level you mean it, you may also be polite but under that veil also really mean it.

You would salute other people on the street because of your code of conduct, because it's more of a social issue, a duty of a sort. I'm sorry but polite and nice are not the true good that comes from within.

Acting better in sociaty is not it, it's an illusion, a code of conduct and the true self will never improve that way.
The true self improves by real expirience living it out, it's how you sort of speak "grow your heart"

Written words, symbols, signs, teaching by the book are not it for improvement.

This better that you talk about is only acting out as what you have learned, more of an actor, you simply act out that way because of your indoctrination, your teachings, how you have been instructed. This is the problem with society, it keeps creating actors in stead of real people.

Real value can't come from books. So how can masonry create better men. Masonry creates better robots, not better men. You are confusing real things with the illusionary society where people act out.
Of course this creates confusion that "society is good" and that masonry will improve that, but when you look at it it's just a bunch of code of conduct without any sensory power. So it's a lie, masonry does not create better men.

edit on 21-9-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

You don't think someone can learn to appreciate things more? Or learn to empathize more? Or learn to be more patient? Or learn new skills at dealing with conflict? Or learn to be introspective and consider other alternatives before acting?

How about the key tenet of keeping one's passions within due bounds? That one has made perfect sense to me since the first time I heard it. It goes along with "all things in moderation." Sure, we all make mistakes, but we limit the mistakes and focus on the good things.

I'm not disagreeing with, you make a good point, but I think maybe you are missing some of the ways a person can improve their selves. It isn't about us "making" anything. It is just about setting a good example for one another and helping someone to learn the things for themselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You don't think someone can learn to appreciate things more? Or learn to empathize more? Or learn to be more patient?

From lecture, never. If you do it from lecture you just carry out instructions that you have learned from books, you do it like a machine. It's just like adding one plus one 1+1=2 , you don't feel when you calculate do you ?
So if you learn this things in this manner you do the same with these things, since they too become calculations. It's what I'm saying this things are not learned but rather expirienced. Listen, calculations don't taste, you can't eat calculations and lecture, they have no smell, no taste, they are just numbers.
If you take these things away you end up with calculations, so what is the difference between you and a robot ?

I'm not saying learning things and calculating is bad, only that it does not create better men, it creates a better person at "doing something", a task, learning something.

Or learn new skills at dealing with conflict? Or learn to be introspective and consider other alternatives before acting?

New skills do not relate to a better heart, acting out before doing anything also has nothing to do with your heart from a calculative point of view, however expiriance may change that, acting out since you might feel something that comes from expirience.

So again how do you make better men ? What you are talking about here are calculations, robots, I rather say maybe you are talking about women, as a woman calculates, it is very calculative, your not talking about men, men have hearts, it's why they are men of valor.

This with masonry makes better men is hogwash.
]

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
...I rather say maybe you are talking about women, as a woman calculates, it is very calculative, your not talking about men, men have hearts, it's why they are men of valor.

Is this the crap that you think everyone else should be learning? No wonder why you come across as bitter, cynical and jaded.

Edit to add: Your juevenile statement only shows that your premise is flawed. I can learn from the written word. I just learned not to emulate you and your chauvanistic and sexist mentality.

edit on 21-9-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

...I rather say maybe you are talking about women, as a woman calculates, it is very calculative, your not talking about men, men have hearts, it's why they are men of valor.

Is this the crap that you think everyone else should be learning? No wonder why you come across as bitter, cynical and jaded.

Edit to add: Your juevenile statement only shows that your premise is flawed. I can learn from the written word. I just learned not to emulate you and your chauvanistic and sexist mentality.

I'm sorry but that is just your point of view, talk about sexist, I wonder why official masonic lodges do not permit
women to join, talk about being ironic.

And no it's not flawed , since I can see by your statue picture you are hard as a female, I'll let you think in your fashon.

Statues calculate best, but you can't compare statues to men.

Masonry makes better women, calculate like a robot (a woman that is)

I must say your remark on sexist, there is nothing wrong with women calculating better, it's just you that finds it sexist.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

A master mason hears 3 mandatory lectures of about 20 mins each. If you think that is where the lessons come from, you are way off base!! The lessons come from interaction with dozens of other men worthy of being called "mentors." Th value in Masonry is in the Masons themselves!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm sorry but that is just your point of view

Uh, no pepsella, it was you. Remember that the internet preserves forever all your inane comments.

...talk about sexist, I wonder why official masonic lodges do not permit
women to join, talk about being ironic.

For the same reason that men can not join sororities. Did your mommy and daddy not explain the difference between the sexes to you?

And no it's not flawed , since I can see by your statue picture you are hard as a female, I'll let you think in your fashon.

Whatever that means. Can you possibly be more incoherent when you are failing at being witty?

Statues calculate best.

Well in that case you are certainly not Rodin's best known work.

edit on 21-9-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You can't read a book or even go to school then state "I am a better man"

...That is a lie, your are a better person in knowing how to do some things that you have learned, far away from a better heart. It is what we are talking about is it not ? better man as in a better soul ? or maybe you are talking about something else, this is what I understand as in a better man.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Masons make better women Bob.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Masons make better women Bob.

If you say so. Maybe you can throw in a few bigoted comments to go along with your sexist diatribe. You know, round out people's perception of you. Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If you say so. Maybe you can throw in a few bigoted comments to go along with your sexist diatribe. You know, round out people's perception of you. Keep up the good work.

I don't see how this is sexism, men and women are two creatures apart yet they share universal concepts, they can be observed by how nature has constructed them.

Sexist is not allowing women into masonry, now that is what I call sexist, not my posting, something your fraternity does. I don't see the point also since they are already ladies, no point to convert them.

Men join the ranks of your fraternity Bob, yet they turn out to be wise women at the end. Anyway what can be concluded is that masonry makes better men is pure BS.

Don't forget about brick hard mommy, you know to ask for her advice, maybe she can calculate it for you.

Don't you love her.

Masonry makes the best beasts, fine raw add-on material I have ever saw. Don't forget to grawl like a beast, a woman that is. Augustina that is, sound like a fine name.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

You just don't get it I guess? Perhaps you will never be any different than you are today, and that is a shame. Most people grow, and mature, and gain experience, and learn to look more deeply at their peers, and learn to appreciate smaller things in life, and learn to take in the whole experience, and they grow as a person because of it. In fact, that is just about the center of my religious belief. I believe our entire existence is to make that spiritual growth through our experience here.

Maybe you will become more "educated," but apparently you are closed off from any significant spiritual growth, and because of your handicap, you think everyone else is the same as you? I'm sorry for your loss.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by pepsi78

You just don't get it I guess? Perhaps you will never be any different than you are today, and that is a shame.

You mean evolve ? or what are you talking about. Only women evolve, they grow things like long nails, only women evolve by going thru a cycle, men have no place there.

Most people grow, and mature, and gain experience, and learn to look more deeply at their peers, and learn to appreciate smaller things in life, and learn to take in the whole experience, and they grow as a person because of it. In fact, that is just about the center of my religious belief. I believe our entire existence is to make that spiritual growth through our experience here.

Mature, ohhh boy
want me to tell you about it ? it's like putting a blanket on top of your head and going hysterical, becoming something else rather than you are. You like to cover your self in dirt ? I'm sick of actors.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I don't see how this is sexism...

Spoken like a true sexist/chauvanist. They never realize they are behaving in a certain way as it is ingrained into their pysche.

...men and women are two creatures apart yet they share universal concepts, they can be observed by how nature has constructed them.

You mean like your dopey "women calculate and men have hearts" comment? You just keep digging that hole to Stupidland deeper.

Sexist is not allowing women into masonry, now that is what I call sexist, not my posting, something your fraternity does.

I know you may be suffering from a cranial density disorder but I am fairly sure you understand the differences between sororities and fraternities.

I don't see the point also since they are already ladies, no point to convert them.

In your attempt to insult me by calling me a women you only act like an even bigger sexist clown. Do you not see the irony of your actions?

Don't forget about brick hard mommy, you know to ask for her advice, maybe she can calculate it for you.

'Brick hard mommy'? You should stop trying to be witty and edgey, you only come across as banal and incoherent.

Don't forget to grawl like a beast, a woman that is.

I feel bad for the women in your life (if there are even any) if this is how you think of them. Grow up. Show some respect.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Give up on Pepsi. He is incoherent. I have no idea what his last post was about, but it is obviously futile to try and get through to him.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
many things can be said about masons

but surelly no one can doubt they are educated, consistent and patient.

im not surprised that masons still bother pepsi, im surprised masons still bother to entertain pepsi.

lovely thread

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
many things can be said about masons

but surelly no one can doubt they are educated, consistent and patient.

im not surprised that masons still bother pepsi, im surprised masons still bother to entertain pepsi.

lovely thread

I'm not saying they are not educated, they are, they are rather the education it's self then educated.
It's something to be educated and another to be education.

It's like you understanding something rather than being that thing, the diffrence between the object and the person understanding it, becoming that something rather than understanding it , that is the flaw.

I understand the art but I may remain my self and not turn into the art.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by pepsi78

you totally missed the point in my post.

wich seems to be a trend.

anyway

if i could ask you a question

your constant heated arguments with masons about masonry are helping the world improve, how exactly?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

If you would understand the notions then you would see, when you see it you would grow your anger then you would calm down, to see them for what they really are.

Manipulative women, trust me when I say only women do this, as a man journey begins in masonry it ends totaly changed on the other extreme. You get converted that is what happens, masonry is a process towards a "TRANS"-FORMATION. if you can understand this. From a human being to a feminised man. "A thing" like a freaking statue.

This organisation deals with the feminisation of men if one may understand the notion of the true female.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join