It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Textbook

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
reply to post by GoldenObserver

Have you read any of the other content? If so, anything interesting? I've always wondered what the true purpose of Freemasonry is. I've heard many conflicting stories from men claiming to be Freemasons, so I don't know for sure. I'm hesitant to buy into the theory that they're some sort of Satanic or NWO organization, but there must be something to why they're so secretive.

S&F

Freemasonry is about "Making good men better"
How are they secretive?.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights
but there must be something to why they're so secretive.

That's easy. You need to be secretive, when reveling would result in opposition to your plans.

If, for example, on revealing your plans, the expected result would be people rushing up to assist you in them, then it would make more sense to reveal the plans.

For example, if you see someone drowning in the lake, you shout out to everyone around you who might hear, that you're going to jump into the lake to attempt to save the drowning person. Then, other people will likely rush up to help also. Immediately, people naturally come to assist those plans that they deem good.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Taurean27

You can't make good men better, they are already good. There are bad people and good people and that is it.

Also by stating this that masonry makes good people better, you insist that masons are better than other people and view their personal self higher than normal class people, above as in better.
Masons are better than the rest, this is your affirmation by stating this.

Good does not relate to better, as better is an universal definition that does not apply to bad or good.
I can be the "best" or better at breaking an entry "at the bank safe" or I can be the best at something "not defined"

So will you please cut the crap with from good to better, thank you. Maybe you were talking about good as in good at something, not good as in good VS bad. I can state I am good (at doing something) far away from stating I am a good guy regarding my soul, because that is another whole definition.

So making good men better is invalid and cannot be applied. You were stating better on something maybe, not related to the persons heart.

edit on 20-9-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by Taurean27

You can't make good men better, they are already good. There are bad people and good people and that is it.
It's not that black & white. Many people get the label of good by default, simply because they haven't actively done something bad. But it's really a sliding scale, isn't it? Sometimes I may be feeling generous, sometimes I may act selfishly.

Also by stating this that masonry makes good people better, you insist that masons are better than other people and view their personal self higher than normal class people, above as in better.
Masons are better than the rest, this is your affirmation by stating this.
No, it is not. Masonry makes me better than myself, not better than you. The tools in Masonry are for self-improvement. If I learn to be a better father, a better neighbor, a better husband, or a better citizen through some of the moral allegories in Masonry, then the only thing I have any right to compare myself to is how I used to be before I applied those lessons.

Have I, in my heart, become a more charitable person since learning the lessons of Masonry? If so, then I've become a better person than I used to be.

Have I, through study and careful consideration, become more aware than I used to be about issues of equality? I like to think so.

Am I as good as I'm going to get? I certainly hope not. I'm always striving to figure out how I can become a better father and husband, because I love my family. I want to be a better employee because I like my boss and want my company to succeed. If Masonry gives me some tools to help me improve myself on any of those fronts, then I'm all for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's sad this thread fell apart and the contents didn't get posted.

But if anyone is really interested a google search will turn up a copy of every popular Masonic publication for download in PDF format and also many that are not so popular shall I say.There are even non Masonic books written on their contents and masonic whistle blowers who after many years of being a member, got fed up and leaked information and explanations of rites and rituals.

It's all out there you just have to know how to search for it. I want this to be known because I don't agree with anything kept secret that people fear. If there was not an air of fear about the subject or the Masons didn't try to hide anything then it probably would not matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
It's sad this thread fell apart and the contents didn't get posted.

But if anyone is really interested a google search will turn up a copy of every popular Masonic publication for download in PDF format and also many that are not so popular shall I say.There are even non Masonic books written on their contents and masonic whistle blowers who after many years of being a member, got fed up and leaked information and explanations of rites and rituals.

It's all out there you just have to know how to search for it. I want this to be known because I don't agree with anything kept secret that people fear. If there was not an air of fear about the subject or the Masons didn't try to hide anything then it probably would not matter.

Who is trying to hide anything ? We simply can not tell you certain things , but Masons on here time and again have pointed out where to purchase and download these books you wanted posted on here . Does not seem like they are hiding anything now does it ?

Amazon , Ebay and many other sites have books for sale and to download for free that reveal all our "secrets" so it is not a matter of knowing how to search for it . As a matter of fact these "secrets" have been out there for the general public's consumption for more years than I care to count .

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
We simply can not tell you certain things ,

but Masons on here time and again have pointed out where to purchase and download these books you wanted posted on here . Does not seem like they are hiding anything now does it ?

Yeah, well that's the same as hiding info if it's something you cannot tell me.

Your missing my point. ATS users know there have been threads where the books are talked about and told where to download them but to much of the world all they know is that the Masons do things in secret. These people come to ATS looking for answers. It is they who would be interested in such a thread as this and they who would find this thread lacking. Assuming of course they are new, see this thread and have not seen any other threads on the subject. It is for them I offered the tip.
edit on 20-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Yes you can make good men better, because nobody is perfect. If we aren't perfect, then we still have room for improvement.

As for Masons being "better" than everyone else, I will have to disagree with Josh, and agree with Pepsi. In my experience Masons ARE better than the average person. Not because they are Masons, but because they were already good people, and they were already better than average before they decided to join. We also do background checks to rule out the riff-raff, and we also have mentoring and camarederie that helps men to make good decisions in their life, and help them to avoid making the common mistakes.

So yes, Masons are better than the average person, because Masons are a smaller subset of the larger population.

Along those same lines, I consider the men at my Gym to be better than the average man, and the people at my barbeques to be better than the average person, and the people that work for me to be better than the average people, because all of them are hand-picked by me, and all of them have a history of acting responsibly and charitably.

Just about any successful group that is split out from the general population is going to be better than the general population. Just like any unsuccessful group (prisoners) is going to be worse than the general population.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by pepsi78

Yes you can make good men better, because nobody is perfect. If we aren't perfect, then we still have room for improvement.

As for Masons being "better" than everyone else, ... In my experience Masons ARE better ..

Yes, I agree. This guy is definitely better than everyone else !

edit on 20-9-2011 by DRAZIW because: text

edit on 20-9-2011 by DRAZIW because: spell

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

There are exceptions in every group. We are talking about generalities.

We have a lot of bad doctors in Florida, does that mean we should outlaw all doctors?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

There are exceptions in every group. We are talking about generalities.

We have a lot of bad doctors in Florida, does that mean we should outlaw all doctors?

But he is better. He bested a whole army of cops who were planning and preparing for a terrorist attack of EXACTLY the same senario whose task he undertook.

He was better than all of them, with all their surveillance equipment and intel, and even though they were right there on the scene a few minutes before him, he too put on a police uniform to look like them and walk in and gain the confidence of all.

So, obviously, there is something about Masonry that gives a man an advantage over everybody else !

It does make him better !

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

LOL!

OK, sarcasm noted, but how is that any different than a University? A University makes people smarter, and more educated, and more equipped to outwit the cops.

That guy is still an exception, and there are 100s of 1000s of Masons that would have loved to have foiled his plans.

Michael Vick ran a dog-fighting scheme, and he got away with it for awhile, and he was one of the best players in the NFL. Should we assume all NFL players are criminals, and they all get away with it because they are NFL players?

You cannot draw out a single exception and paint the whole fraternity with it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

are you a good person? are you as good as you can be? Is there no room for improvement? Are you a better person than me? Are you a better person than your neighbor?

Answer those, then we can discuss it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've got two ideas on the building of the temple without the sounds of tools....
1.) the temple of man is built in 40 weeks, enclosed in water, delivered through a narrow gate (as a side note: the Sun appears to come out of the water when it rises above the sea. William Cooper says he saw it early one morning while in the Navy)
2.) the thoughts built up in the mind, nobody can hear your thoughts, until you speak them. If you write them, they are still silent, until some reader speaks them

The newly built temple is a tiny replica. It continues to expand itself until death, silently building its thoughts.
There really is life after death, just not your life. The ones remaining are living. Burial is not for the dead, but for the living. There is a window of opportunity for the living. It opens and closes on each person in turn. There is only about 100 years of living, thinking, speaking life. Transmission of ideas via writing and memory is very important.

My blog shows some interesting charts detailing the movement of money on the waters of liquidity.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

reply to post by pepsi78

As for Masons being "better" than everyone else, ... In my experience Masons ARE better ..

You sound like a bad troll. Its best that you leave. If you are not joking around, I feel very very sorry for you.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Originally posted by DRAZIW

reply to post by pepsi78

You sound like a bad troll. Its best that you leave. If you are not joking around, I feel very very sorry for you.

Why does it upset you that he wears a Freemason's uniform?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

LOL!

OK, sarcasm noted, but how is that any different than a University? A University makes people smarter, and more educated, and more equipped to outwit the cops.

That guy is still an exception, and there are 100s of 1000s of Masons that would have loved to have foiled his plans.

I'm sure. He walked on the black squares. There's no light without darkness. Here was an opportunity for a Knight of Light to have foiled the plans of a Knight of Darkness, and attain the glory and praise of savior.

But, it didn't happen.

The Dark bested the Light.

Michael Vick ran a dog-fighting scheme, and he got away with it for awhile, and he was one of the best players in the NFL. Should we assume all NFL players are criminals, and they all get away with it because they are NFL players?

You cannot draw out a single exception and paint the whole fraternity with it.

What was exceptional about Breivik was that he identified himself deliberately and openly with the same pride that Freemason's usually do when announcing their "charity works". Did he think he was being "charitable" by sacrificing himself for the greater good? He sacrificed his good name, and the good name of his Freemason's Lodge, for a cause he believed in. He humbled the entire Freemasonry Institution of Norway; an institution that likes to keep "secrets". He exposed a dark side, that has everybody around the world questioning what goes on behind the closed doors of the Lodge.

He is definitely better, because he dared to expose the other side of duality that is normally kept hidden.

Or, maybe he just wanted to be different?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

HE chose to do those things. He is an exception. He is probably mentally ill. He is certainly a criminal. He is a single man. No Lodge instructed him to do these things. It isn't a product of Freemasonry, it is just a terrible crime from a man that happens to be a Mason.

If this man had been a college professor, and proudly proclaimed he was doing all of this because his studies had shown him the light, would we condemn and accuse all college professors?

We seem to be good at painting certain affiliations with a broad brush, but not all of them? If a single TSA officer does something, then they are all bad. If a certain cop does something, then they are all bad. If a Mason does something, then they are all bad. But if a teacher does something, they are an exception or anomaly? If a nurse does something, they are an exception to the rule? If a fireman does something, it doesn't count.

Why do we strive so hard to demonize certain groups and give others a free pass? The fact is, there are exceptions in all groups, and there are individuals in all groups, and the bell curve will always apply. A certain percentage of people are going to be nutcases in any group, and the larger the group, the larger the number of nutcases.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by DRAZIW

HE chose to do those things. He is an exception. He is probably mentally ill.

The problem, as I see it, is that every time a mason does something bad, he is an exception. But, every time a mason does something good, he immediately becomes representative of all masons.

On the one hand, masons want to claim that people are individual, and what they do has nothing to do with masonry. This position is taken when the act is unfavorable.

On the other hand, masons want to claim that they make men better, and the evidence of that can be seen by their public works. This position is taken when the act is favorable.

If the bad is not the result of masonry, because the individual simply acts according to his own nature, then the good has nothing to do with masonry either, and there's no relationship between masonry and good or bad actions by men.

In other words, masonry doesn't make men better.

I have seen the claim that Hitler was a Freemason, a member of the "#99 Lodge". Yet, others deny that Hitler was ever a Freemason, and claim that Hitler was an anti-mason who actually tried to eliminate masonry.

I cannot tell which is true. Since I was born after the war, and wasn't even around in those days to have researched what material might have been available then.

But, I can guarantee that no mason would publicly accept Hitler as a Freemason. And even if some verifiable records exist, proving his membership, masons would immediately say he was "not in his heart" a mason.

I will only believe the word of a mason, when Freemasons tile their floor with all white squares.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

The difference is a single Mason doing a rare and crazy thing, versus 100s of 1000s of Masons doing good things daily that go unrecognized. Not that we intend to be recognized, the majority of what we do is either very low-key, or entirely anonymous. But the fact is, there are many, many, many Masons doing regular good things on regular days, and that is what represents the fraternity. A lone nutcase does not represent the fraternity.

Now, if you start seeing Masons making the news all over the world day in and day out, then I will either hang up my Apron, or I will join the cause if it is a good one!

ETA:

But, I can guarantee that no mason would publicly accept Hitler as a Freemason. And even if some verifiable records exist, proving his membership, masons would immediately say he was "not in his heart" a mason.

I disagree with this statement. If I knew Hitler was a Mason, I would share that with you. I think Hitler is a fascinating case study on the influence a man can make when the conditions are right. I don't believe he thought of himself as evil, he probably had the best of intentions. Everyone acts for reasons of their own making. I do not think Hitler represents what we are taught in Masonry, which is religious tolerance, and keeping our passions in due bounds. Hitler obviously violated many of the tenets of Freemasonry, so I highly doubt he was one, and if he was one, he does not represent our core principles, but I would have no problem sharing what I know and debating the facts with you........ if they existed.
edit on 21-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join