It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska nuclear power plant at Emergency Level 4 and could become another Fukushima

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If this turns out to be a major disaster, it would be one more of the dots the Illuminati needs to complete the logo they are making on the American map. Miami is another dot they need. This video was made about a year before the Gulf spill and it predicted a disaster there.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is being blown up a bit too much...pardon my pun.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
This isn't Fukushima, the army is definitely to blame for this one. Whether it was their final option or just a humungous miscalculation, the fact remains the Army intentionally flooded this part of Nebraska. We can point fingers at japan but this is a whole 'nother ball game with somebody to blame on the other end!

OK now...here's the thing that sort of ticks me off about most people's understandings of what led to the reactors melting down in Fukushima Daiichi. All of the reactor designs and proposals were supplied by the US. TEPCO has always been lobbied by american interests. Think twice about blaming the Japanese. Notice how all of the nuclear reactors in Japan are "neatly" placed between the fault lines that exist in Japan and the nearby vicinity. American and Canadian yellow cake uranium miners and their surrounding and related interests have lobbied throughout the world to convince us all that nuclear power is the safest and cleanest alternative to every other proven "green" tech, even though it's just their way of selling all the uranium that they've mined. They don't take into consideration that a nuclear power plant (depending on the number of reactors) can amount to more long-term damage to the biosphere than a low-yield nuclear bomb is cabable of. This is all about money, my friends. Safety, unfortunately, is an afterthought and is rarely factored in, in the long run. I think we need to start our own lobbies AGAINST nuclear power. Either that or we all need to join Greenpeace right about five minutes ago. If nothing is done, than nothing will change. I mean, there was an accident not even 2 months ago, at the Pickering Nuclear Power facility (look it up) not more than 2 miles away from me, where 2000 or so gallons of radiated water was leaked out into Lake Ontario. This is very significant, yet noone was informed of it. Lake Ontario supplies the drinking water for about 75% of southern Ontario. Yet the news report stated only that "demineralised" water was leaked.
edit on 15/6/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The power company actually released a rumor control topic list on the web, I've added the text and included the link below.

www.oppd.com...

Rumor: Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station is at a Level 4 emergency or level 4 alert.
This terminology is not accurate, and is not how emergencies at nuclear power plants are classified.
Fort Calhoun Station (FCS) declared a Notification of Unusual Event (NOUE) on June 6.
A NOUE is the least-serious of four emergency classifications established by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
FCS declared a NOUE because the Missouri River was projected to reach 1,004 feet above mean sea level. (It reached that height on June 9.)
The FCS plant’s reactor has been in cold shut down for a planned refueling outage since April 9. It will remain in that condition until the river recedes.
The reactor and spent-fuel pool are in a normal, stable condition and are both protected; there has been no release of radioactivity and none is expected.

Rumor: A no-fly zone was set up around Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station because of a release of radiation, similar to what happened with the Fukushima reactors in Japan.
There has been no release of radioactivity at Fort Calhoun Station due to the flooding and none is expected.
The flight restrictions were set up by the FAA as a result of Missouri river flooding.
OPPD’s extensive, preplanned actions to protect the FCS reactor and spent-fuel pool from the floodwaters have been effective.
The reactor is housed in a watertight containment building, and is in a normal and safe “cold shutdown” condition, covered by more than 23 feet of purified reactor coolant water.
In addition, OPPD has installed Aqua Dams® and other berms around such vital equipment and buildings at the FCS site.

There is more to be found at the link provided.
www.oppd.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Like I said, Gunderson is a retard.

And if anyone doubts it:

atomicinsights.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
WTF!! i don't get it, i started a thread, THE DAY that all this started to happen, LAST WEEK.....nobody cared, now all of a sudden a week later all these other threads are getting all the attention. Im a local to the story and update my thread with every bit of new info, but nobody notices, i fell kinda belittled ATS..... i mean, i didn't even take the story anywhere else, brought to ATS first and only.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

I book marked "Your" Thread and have been following it! I think what happens is when things are happening it is all a matter of timing - new things coming up when you are looking at the new threads. When things are on a roll, you may get bumped and lost pretty quick. I have started a few and have seen this happen first hand. Thank You for bringing this to my attention. I have not seen any of the other threads. Sorry your feeling jilted - I hate when that happens.

Keep Safe and please keep advising please.

Anmarie

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Blame the US?
In reaction to the Fukushima catastrophe, Germany is phasing out all of its nuclear reactors over the next decade. In a referendum vote this Monday, 95 per cent of Italians voted in favour of blocking a nuclear power revival in their country. A recent newspaper poll in Japan shows nearly three-quarters of respondents favour a phase-out of nuclear power in Japan. Why have alarms not been sounded about radiation exposure in the US? Nuclear operator Exelon Corporation has been among Barack Obama's biggest campaign donors, and is one of the largest employers in Illinois where Obama was senato

english.aljazeera.net...

Nuclear Leaks and Response Tested Obama in Senate

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Here's the report on the incident filed with the NRC, it's event Event Number: 46932:

nrc.gov...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

I am glad there are people like you and WASCO2 in here. I would be the first one on here blowing the whistle if something went wrong. However, the utility or the NRC has nothing to gain from hiding information. If they lie, or falsify information, they can be shut down forever. That plant makes them about 2.4 million a day profit. The funding the NRC receives mostly comes from the utilities in the form of fines. And everyone in the industry knows every resident inspector wants to nail someone to the wall to make a name for themselves. Not only do we have the NRC to worry about, but also INPO. For those of you who don't know, INPO is like the mafia only worse. If they say it, most plants do it. They are the industry watchdog. They make us walk the line so much that you can't open the wrong door without someone noticing.

Please OP do some research and know what you are talking about before you go looking for stars and flags. As you can clearly see, my original comment about no level 4 is correct.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

A shocking report prepared by Russia’s Federal Atomic Energy Agency (FAAE) on information provided to them by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) states that the Obama regime has ordered a “total and complete” news blackout relating to any information regarding the near catastrophic meltdown of the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant [photo top left] located in Nebraska.

According to this report, the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant suffered a “catastrophic loss of cooling” to one of its idle spent fuel rod pools on 7 June after this plant was deluged with water caused by the historic flooding of the Missouri River which resulted in a fire causing the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) to issue a “no-fly ban” over the area.

Located about 20 minutes outside downtown Omaha, the largest city in Nebraska, the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant is owned by Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) who on their website denies their plant is at a “Level 4” emergency by stating: “This terminology is not accurate, and is not how emergencies at nuclear power plants are classified.”

Russian atomic scientists in this FAAE report, however, say that this OPPD statement is an “outright falsehood” as all nuclear plants in the world operate under the guidelines of the International Nuclear and Radiological Event Scale (INES) which clearly states the “events” occurring at the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant do, indeed, put it in the “Level 4” emergency category of an “accident with local consequences” thus making this one of the worst nuclear accidents in US history.

Source and Full Story

This is Bad Folks!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

Are You one of Them?

OP - do not get discouraged - it is Their job to throw us off and make the masses think = everything is just fine. It is Our job to keep Them in line and tell Them to go stick it and spread the word to our people who do not know better!

Shame On Them!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Sorry to say that the story you just posted is BS from known hoaxer Sorcha Faal.

LINK

I also checked the FAAE website, translated by Google for the supposed report. I couldn't find anything.

FAAE Translated

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here's the Scale

Source

Yes There is a level 4 and after Fukushima I am sure this scale will be revised.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

From OPPD Flood Rumor Control:

Rumor: Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station is at a Level 4 emergency or level 4 alert.

This terminology is not accurate, and is not how emergencies at nuclear power plants are classified.
Fort Calhoun Station (FCS) declared a Notification of Unusual Event (NOUE) on June 6.
A NOUE is the least-serious of four emergency classifications established by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
FCS declared a NOUE because the Missouri River was projected to reach 1,004 feet above mean sea level. (It reached that height on June 9.)
The FCS plant’s reactor has been in cold shut down for a planned refueling outage since April 9. It will remain in that condition until the river recedes.
The reactor and spent-fuel pool are in a normal, stable condition and are both protected; there has been no release of radioactivity and none is expected

LINK TO SITE

ETA: NOUE explanation
edit on 18-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Bare with me it's late here and I don't have the time at the moment for the reseach - will get back to it in the morning - I am uncertain off the top of my head but it is something like only a few 5 +/- hours that the pools can go without the proper cooling! -- when about 7-9 hours pass, it starts = really bad things/melt. Tomorrow as it is 1:20a.m. here I will find this information for you and post it! There is much more here than you all are afraid to accept.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Source: whatdoesitmean

Sorcha Faal...come on People,research a little

Edit: Nvm,Redwookieaz was faster

edit on 18-6-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

hmmm ummm - and as TEPCO is saying - all reactors are in Cold Shutdown and there is nothing to worry about Folks - - Yeah, ok

Get Your Head Out of the Radioactive sand already.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Sounds good. I only want the truth. I was born in Omaha and most of my family still lives there. So it is important to me to be sure of any information. I have no doubt this can get very bad, very quick. I also have no doubts that the government would lie but I have to be sure of what is going on before I try to send my family packing.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Why in the world would a river flood cause a no-fly zone? People fly over lakes and oceans all the time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join