It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-131 Anomaly - The "Lopez Anomaly"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've discussed this on other threads, past and present, but it hasn't drawn any comments mostly because I added it to a thread that is reaching its end. I feel it can be discussed in its own separate thread.

There are a lot of NASA anomalies that just don't cut it as far as the standard explanations such as ice particles, debris, etc. They defy common sense and logic. Some members of ATS and some NASA employees think that some of us are so dumb that we have to accept their senseless explanations for what we UFO enthusiasts think are real space UFOs and NASA videos and photos provide the best evidence for their reality.

Last year Jim Oberg started a thread that included a video shot from the STS-131 mission:
STS-131 ascent 'UFOs', page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com... and the video is:
www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org...

I list below the comments I contributed and I include 2 vidcaps that I took from the video, one a full frame at 4:16 and the other a closeup of the full frame. Read my comments about this the "Lopez Anomaly" to which Jim never responded.

Anyways, as I watched the video I made notes of what what I saw at what time shown on the clock on the bottom left of the screen. I hope you comment on my notes. BTW, it doesn't help the UFO buffs that at the beginning of the video the voiceover says: "(garbled)We're seeing good ET video."(!)

The video shows a spent solid rocket booster being tracked. During its flight many things are seen most of which are explained prosaicly but there are a few that one has to wonder what they are. The biggest mystery comes at 4:16 in which you see a strangely-shaped, elongated white object that at first look seems to be islands on the surface of the earth but upon closer examination cannot be on the surface because it seems to be above the clouds. This is best seen on the closeup. I have no idea what it could be and your views will be appreciated especially if anyone here can find such a surface shape possibly using Google Earth.

Of course, if whatever it is is not on the surface it opens up a whole can of beans. But please, no debris or ice particle explanations!

at 00:01:25 you can see a white object appear and fly over the "nose end" of the booster.

at 00:01:11 you can see a white dot about to go over the booster's bottom white band (second band from the nose end).

at 00:01:49 you see a venting spray (liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen) and a white dot comes into view from the bottom of the screen and can be seen passing over the end of the booster.

at 00:01:58 2 white objects appear from the bottom of the screen and as they pass the booster the camera performs a modified zoom in.

at 00:02:11 a white object appears way below the booster moving towards 1pm.

at 00:02:23 more venting spray is seen which is longer lasting than the one at :49. No debris is seen as the result of these venting sprays, just vapor.

at 00:03:26 a white large object is seen going over the nose of the booster. Obviously some kind of large debris, tumbling and possibly hitting the nose.

at 00:03:48 big chunk of something flies over the end of the booster.

at 00:04:16 What is THAT long, "insect-like" thing on the right? It's above the clouds! And those "portuberances" at the tip closest to the bottom of the screen!

at 00:05:53 a bunch of white dots on the right side of the screen seen clearly against the blue of the ocean. They have to be cloud wisps 'cause there's too many of them also in other parts of the video.

at 00:07:28 another definite white dot appears to the right of 6 o'clock on the bottom of the screen and this is NOT a cloud wisp.

We're talking some bizarre objects that cannot be classified as debris from the shuttle (at least not the one from which the video is being shot from) because the objects/debris is seen above and below the booster which has to be at a good distance from the shuttle. Yet, some of the things seen behave like debris and could be dangerous to missions!

Some of the objects have the classic "white orb" generally thought of as UFOs. And that weird-looking HUGE object with "portuberances" is something that needs explaining 'cause it was static.

What is your opinion on what is reported above? And did you see any of them yourself?

The STS-131 "Lopez Anomaly"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7aece1d09e0.jpg[/atsimg]

Closeup of The STS-131 "Lopez Anomaly"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4166b5ed405b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That is ice which forms on the engine nozzles. It appears regularly after the main tank is jettisoned.

As explained when you first posted it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I fooled around with the contrast. Still don't know what it is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8aa8840de649.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
thats sure weird

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Some of the objects have the classic "white orb" generally thought of as UFOs.

Generally thought of as ice, actually.
And the object at 4:16, to me looks like a bit of manmade crap that came off the orbiter/tank at the time of separation.

But to you of course all of these objects are alien spacecraft.
Because a white dot looks like one, doesnt it?
And the long funny looking thing, yeah that looks like an alien spacecraft too, doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
BTW, it doesn't help the UFO buffs that at the beginning of the video the voiceover says: "(garbled)We're seeing good ET video."(!)

(ET video) = External Tank, which is they are watching fall to Earth.
I see nothing here.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
That is ice which forms on the engine nozzles. It appears regularly after the main tank is jettisoned.

As explained when you first posted it.

This may seem like a silly question but how do they know that big gas tank isn't going to land on somebody''s house? Does it just float around in space, or does it completely burn up in our atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

They break up when entering the atmosphere. Any leftovers fall into the Pacific or Indian Ocean.
shuttle.seti.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
BTW, it doesn't help the UFO buffs that at the beginning of the video the voiceover says: "(garbled)We're seeing good ET video."(!)

(ET video) = External Tank, which is they are watching fall to Earth.
I see nothing here.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Twisted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No need to start a new thread. Add all new thoughts to the existing one.

Closed.

Terms and Conditions of Use:
15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

edit on June 14th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join