It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Obama and What You Would Like To Thank Him For

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Wow, SWAT teams filling us full of holes over unpaid student loans huh? With that kind of imagination you might should consider writing novels or something. Surely you don't seriously think that's where we're going, I hope.

Yup,

Swat on Student Loan

Has it become illegal to attend college without a giant bank account? Kenneth Wright of Stockton, California was almost knocked down by a S.W.A.T. team breaking down his door one morning. He says they then handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police car.

Text

No joke!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

I would like to thank him from the very bottom of my heart for not capping the control the insurance companies have on health care given to the patients in this country that gave him this job. It takes away from the doctors actually doing what is best for the patient and it makes my job harder and more stressful!

I would also like to thank him for not fixing the economy as he has been promising, which in turn has put my husband out of work for over a year now.

Trust me when I say.....that is just one of many things I could thank him for. Bless his heart! (and for those that don't speak southern, that is not a good thing!)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

If your memory doesn't serve you right, Bush pushed for the bail outs of the banks before Obama came into office. Obama just did the dirty work for him. There's plenty of finger pointing to go around. To blame just Obama for this economic mess is really being highly selective. It's really laughable when you want to defend Republicans over Democrats because both administrations spent billions of dollars and wasted tax payers dollars. This country has over spent well before Obama got into office, and he's just doing the same incompetent policies his predecessors did before him.

This country isn't going anywhere if all we do is cover one eye and look the other way.

I specifically said I hated Bush because he did not veto one single spending bill sent to him from Congress by either party when in office.

I believe he did it to get his foreign policy objectives passed.

But.................................................................

Obama promised..................................................................................................

What - please answer

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Do I feel Obama has made matters worse? I don't know, because Bush left office before we had a chance to see him bail out the banks and do the dirty work. Remember, he had a press conference stating he agreed to bail out the banks. So I can't really make a judgement on that.

All I know is this economy wasn't put into dire straights just by Obama. He probably is contributing to it. The question is, how do you balance the checkbook when the financial hole is so deep you would have to cut every program that benefits the working class and even than, that's just a drop in the bucket? When you have corporations paying 1% of taxes and allowing them to send their manufacturing facilities overseas and into Mexico for lower wages, you're setting the economy up for disaster. Until politicians can work for us instead of the corporate elite, nobody you elect into office even in 2012 will be able to fix the mess were in. So who's fooling who?

I support Ron Paul, but I don't agree with every one of his policies. I do agree that in order to get this economy back on track, instead of cutting back policies that affect working Americans, we need to start pulling our troops out of foreign countries and cut our military budget in half. Ron Paul's foreign policy alone would save trillions of dollars, but than again, the system is in place. Who ever becomes our next president is just a pawn among the power elite.

It just makes no sense in blaming a pawn.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by hillynilly
Ending Gitmo
Ending the wars in iraq, afghanistan,

Isn't Gitmo still open?

And he ended combat missions in Iraq but not Afghanistan. Plus we still have troops in both.

Just for what that is worth.

He's being sarcastic- you really couldn't see that??

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Obama promised a lot of things and sold this country a bag of goods. Again, I stand by my (3) policies I pointed out that I feel were positive for main stream American.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I support Ron Paul, but I don't agree with every one of his policies. I do agree that in order to get this economy back on track, instead of cutting back policies that affect working Americans, we need to start pulling our troops out of foreign countries and cut our military budget in half. Ron Paul's foreign policy alone would save trillions of dollars, but than again, the system is in place. Who ever becomes our next president is just a pawn among the power elite.

Okay then I am going to have to ask for your help in understanding this last statement...I don't want to take your opinion out of context.

You support Ron Paul for president (I do also) but then at the same time you are saying it does not matter who becomes our next president because they would just be a pawn amongst the power of the elite. Do I have those two statements correct...because that would seem awfully contradictory would it not?

I would hope that when I cast my vote for president that my vote is for a man/woman that would stand against injustice and serve the people...not the powers of the elite. I would hope that Ron Paul would stand against the corruption and make decisions based on the good of the American people. I would hope that he would keep to his promises to pull our country in a direction of the greater good by reducing spending, bringing our troops home, cutting senseless bills, etc...and gain the faith and trust back from the American people.

Wouldn't that be what you would cast your vote for? I don't need another pawn in the office of The President of The United States...I need a president that is going to change what Bush and Obama only seemed to make worse. Simple as that. Thanks for letting me share!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I would like to thank The Anointed One for spitting in the face of our long-time allies, for having more lies and deception in this "transparent" administration than anyone since Nixon, for coddling terrorists, and for just being a clueless idiot who is in way,way over his head.....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

reply to post by jerryznv

Do I feel Obama has made matters worse? I don't know, because Bush left office before we had a chance to see him bail out the banks and do the dirty work. Remember, he had a press conference stating he agreed to bail out the banks. So I can't really make a judgement on that.

All I know is this economy wasn't put into dire straights just by Obama. He probably is contributing to it. The question is, how do you balance the checkbook when the financial hole is so deep you would have to cut every program that benefits the working class and even than, that's just a drop in the bucket? When you have corporations paying 1% of taxes and allowing them to send their manufacturing facilities overseas and into Mexico for lower wages, you're setting the economy up for disaster. Until politicians can work for us instead of the corporate elite, nobody you elect into office even in 2012 will be able to fix the mess were in. So who's fooling who?

It just makes no sense in blaming a pawn.

Thank you for being honest and providing some actual point to this thread

Arrest the banksters who did the deed and reaped the benefit of TARP which no common man saw any light of day. Including politicians who helped finagle the deal on the American public.

Let the TBTF banks and corporations fail and go through bankruptcy which should have happened in 08'. if natural events had happened we'd be in recovery by now - not staring a major depression in the face.

Let housing find it bottom so it can recover by moving excess stock at the now prevailing market rate.

Fix the MBS mess by demanding title proof at foreclosures. Ie: prove you have legal interest prior to foreclosure.

Cut severely government employment and stupid expenses such as La Raza funding etc.

Control the borders.

Stop illegal employment and receipt of benefits other than emergency medical treatment.

Means test all government subsidies - period.

Those are just a few examples which I'm sure you have issue with but would go a long ways in stabilizing markets, economy and job prospects for Americans.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

You're complaining about policies that were started by both the Clinton and Bush administration. To say you supported the Iraq war but you're now complaining about the spending going on in the Obama administration is really laughable.

With the billions of dollars spent on a war that was based upon false pretenses, not to mention the mission being changed (3) time to justify it, and now you're saying Bush is old news? We're still in two wars he started and Obama is still continuing it! What about the trillions of dollars that went missing during the Bush administration? Or the money that was politically spent to support Cheney's Halliburton? What about the S&L scandal that was tied in with the Bush's, or the Enron Scandal? What about the continued deregulation of the banking industry that was started by Clinton and extended further by the Bush Administration. Which caused the predatory loan practices of the banks which caused the current economic crisis we're in now.

If your memory doesn't serve you right, Bush pushed for the bail outs of the banks before Obama came into office. Obama just did the dirty work for him. There's plenty of finger pointing to go around. To blame just Obama for this economic mess is really being highly selective. It's really laughable when you want to defend Republicans over Democrats because both administrations spent billions of dollars and wasted tax payers dollars. This country has over spent well before Obama got into office, and he's just doing the same incompetent policies his predecessors did before him.

This country isn't going anywhere if all we do is cover one eye and look the other way.

Thank you for your honesty and good memory. You've said you're not a fan of Obama and that's OK. Your willing to defend the truth that's what counts.

I've got a few Republican buddies. I'm totally amazed by their selective memories and slanted viewpoints. I've heard them complain several times about how Obama isn't doing any good for the economy. They conveniently forget how bad things were when he took office.

It's a lot easier to destroy than create.

Bush and his cronies stole two elections and pretty much raped the nation economically.
How can Obama do anything worse than that?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Arrest the banksters who did the deed and reaped the benefit of TARP which no common man saw any light of day. Including politicians who helped finagle the deal on the American public.

Radical Muslims can't be a greater enemy to our country and the rest of the world than the greed of bankers.

If our military were to pull it's cumulative head out they would clearly see that the debt is the greatest threat to our nation.
The Federal Reserve essentially owns the United States and it's all nice and legal just like they planned it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I could thank him for:

1. Demonstrating how much power the NWO oligarchy has that they could select, train, rear, install such a traitorous, treasonous, illegal person in the WhiteHouse.

2. Waking many people up who were sleep-walking through life and Lindsey Lohan without a clue how rapidly our Republic and way of life was being destroyed from the top down.

3. Illustrating so grandly what a Narcissistic jerk/stooge/puppet/scapegoat can act like as the Destroyer In Chief.

4. Illustrating so vividly how coldly calculating and ruthless such a Communist/globalist can be.

5. Illustrating so brazenly how completely the sheeple are snookered by the Main Stream Media and others seeking to destroy us and our way of life.

6. Illustrating so brazenly how duplicitous, lying, deceptive, . . . a President can be way beyond all the other jerk Presidents we've had.

7. Illustrating so brazenly how even Presidents are so tightly controlled by the Communist/globalist oligarchy in charge of the planet.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Thank you Obama for being American. I think this should be an Obama bashing thread

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I'd like to thank him for delivering my pony safely and on time.

Thanks, mr. obama!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
When he does one thing for the people then maybe then you can have a thread like this.......until then though,its pointless.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I have to thank him for making me understand that evil truly exists in the world. A False Prophet is someone who promises one thing - then does a 180. If evil exists, then God exists. I thank him and Bilderberg for making me open my eyes that we are living in the End of Days, and that Jesus Christ will be my saviour. There is only one sign which remains in the West - the slaughter of people for their faith. It's started in the Middle East and Israel. This will come about once the World War breaks out, events happen to shatter everyones spirits, and this new ONE WORLD that rises up will insist on a ONE WORLD faith. I now understand the purpose of all those camps in the States.
Your choice to make everyone. If I set of a tiny bell in your head, here is a good start for you
www.endtimes-bibleprophecy.com...

I am now in the process of preparing my family.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Give my condolences to your (probably) terrified family.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I will not take that as sarcasm as I'm sure you meant? You are right, I am working through the terror of it all. And that's the part that I have to get over as a 44 year old former non-believer. Peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I would like to thank Obama for making his life more interesting than the recent scripts of Bold and the Beautiful right now

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Thank you for making it very easy to say "I told you so" when I discuss you with O-bots, Mr. Obama. It would have been nice if I had been wrong about you. But there is a satisfaction in telling the snotty ones among them - 'told ya' so'.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join