It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Obama and What You Would Like To Thank Him For

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Stewie

So you don't think a change in the banking credit card fee policies was something nobody here is benefiting from?

If you have kids graduating from college and they're having a hard time finding work, they're not benefiting from staying on their parents policy until they get on their feet? Would you prefer they go without any kind of health insurance?

Yeah try defaulting on the student loans and see if a SWAT team doesn't invade your home and fill you full of holes. Almost happened for real just a week ago.

The CC fees will be recouped whether you like it or not - best not to have them period. Banksters are hip and hip with "O" just a warning and good advice.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

This guy has done more damage than anyone in history to this country including civil war, both world wars and all social disruption in the past century and you expect benign blather thanking the one? are you an alien from another planet learning our system? can we teach you or are you here to invade?

Oh, I can think of someone even worst than Obama. Where were you when Bush was in office? Your comment is really ridiculous. I can at least be impartial where I can see you can't. I guess you can't see any of the benefits to the policies I posted earlier?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
ok, here's one thing i thank him for - without sarcasm, too - although i'm sure some people will disagree:

i actually enjoyed his NCAA bracket explainers on espn, he did a good job of quickly explaining his picks and since i only follow college hoops a few weeks before march madness, i appreciated it and they were helpful whether i ended up agreeing with his pick or going with someone else.

his analysis was at least as good as any espn talking head's was.

i know some will say i'm being sly/subversive here but i'm not, i know he got flack for doing these bracket pick appearances on espn but i had no problem with it and he was good at breaking it all down.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Let me give you an analogy.
Let's say I hire an employee. I expect him to work for me, but he doesn't. In fact, he works against me. Not only that, but he badmouths me to everyone he meets. I reread his resume, and I find that he has lied about his work history. He has also mislead me about what he intends to do once hired.
But, he still takes my money. I can't fire him.
But, you are saying that he helped me by somehow not costing me as much as he could have.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
For once in his career telling the truth and allowing the populace of the U.S. to know that he is a one term president

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I knew I was pulling on a tiger's tail when I replied to this post. If you would read my comments, I clearly stated I was not a fan of Obama. Being impartial to what he's done in office has no bearing about whether I agree with all his policies. I selected (3) policies I felt was a benefit to the working class. Can you tell me why these policies are so terrible in you view?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

reply to post by Stewie

So you don't think a change in the banking credit card fee policies was something nobody here is benefiting from?

If you have kids graduating from college and they're having a hard time finding work, they're not benefiting from staying on their parents policy until they get on their feet? Would you prefer they go without any kind of health insurance?

Yeah try defaulting on the student loans and see if a SWAT team doesn't invade your home and fill you full of holes. Almost happened for real just a week ago.

The CC fees will be recouped whether you like it or not - best not to have them period. Banksters are hip and hip with "O" just a warning and good advice.

Wow, SWAT teams filling us full of holes over unpaid student loans huh? With that kind of imagination you might should consider writing novels or something. Surely you don't seriously think that's where we're going, I hope.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Phoenix

This guy has done more damage than anyone in history to this country including civil war, both world wars and all social disruption in the past century and you expect benign blather thanking the one? are you an alien from another planet learning our system? can we teach you or are you here to invade?

Oh, I can think of someone even worst than Obama. Where were you when Bush was in office? Your comment is really ridiculous. I can at least be impartial where I can see you can't. I guess you can't see any of the benefits to the policies I posted earlier?

Nope I really cannot see any benefit other than dropping out of the system which I have done. Its a bit late for Bush bashing don't ya think!

I literally hated GWB because he pandered to domestic policy by NEVER vetoing a spending bill to get his foreign policy through congress, I wholly supported the Iraq and Afghanistan wars but now do not because we do not have the balls any longer to WIN a war.

"O" just continues the same old same old and you're looking for compliments? Patriot act? if "O' is not power hungry then why keep it alive.

Come on man get with the times - Bush is old news.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was really, actually enjoying this thread when the answers were allowed to be honest.

From the title... I thought I'd be left with nothing but eye-rolling..... but..... it was going really well there for a while!

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Oh, I'm well aware of the feeling of Obama here on ATS. But to say that you can't find (1) single policy that helped benefit the working class is not being impartial.

I suppose you are right...I should be able to find one single policy that helped the working class...so here goes:

Obama did not raise the interest rates on my student loans and has not cut the funding that pays for my education (for the most part)...and for the four years that I have been in school he has maintained that education should be a striving goal of every American. For that I am truly thankful!

Please note though, I can also find one redeemable quality in Charles Manson too, so in a pile of garbage a gem can be found if your willing to overlook the fact your picking through waste.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

What does that have to with the topic of the thread? I answered what I felt were (3) good policies that helped out the working class. I could care less about the guy because in my opinion they're all the same self serving career minded politicians.

If there is something good that was passed on behalf of the American public so be it. Your hate for Obama is clouding what really counts, and that's is, what's being done on behalf of you and me. You and I can't change the system, but at least acknowledge when something is good.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanks for going around the world and aplogizing for all your "evil" fellow American citizens who are apparently in your mind responsible for ALL of the evil in the world! Great Job. Now please, just shut your stupid head mouth and wait until it's time for you to go back to Chicago!

edit on 14-6-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Do you even understand what the topic of the thread is? Or what I posted?
If someone killed your daughter, would you thank this person for not pissing on the carpet?

Can you find something good from the Fukushima meltdown?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I knew I was pulling on a tiger's tail when I replied to this post. If you would read my comments, I clearly stated I was not a fan of Obama. Being impartial to what he's done in office has no bearing about whether I agree with all his policies. I selected (3) policies I felt was a benefit to the working class. Can you tell me why these policies are so terrible in you view?

Three policies? You cannot seriously entertain that those three policies can amount to an overwhelming attitude of gratitude towards the hundreds of damaging decisions Obama and his administration have imposed during his term in office!

Now fair enough...we can certainly agree that Bush left the office in a mess, but then can we also agree that Obama did not make things any better, and in fact left us in an even worse state?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yes, the Dodd/Franck bill was a cover-up to absolve the banksters in "O's" pocket by making you think concrete action occurred. What should have happened was jail time.

All you got was a piddly little promise to post your checking deposits/credits in order and some check on transaction fee's that will ultimately result in limits on your transactions in the future.

The health care carry over of 25 year old's while sounding laudable is smoke and mirrors when you consider they are our most healthy citizens in an insurable form, but lets ignore seniors who lost over $500,000,000 in medicare benefits to fund all the young-uns etc.

I am sorry I cannot remember the third benefit, was it pandering to the masses?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Perhaps I asked too much with regard to not debating the subject matter.
I applaud all the answers here as they have both been educational and I believe truthful from each individual post.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

You're complaining about policies that were started by both the Clinton and Bush administration. To say you supported the Iraq war but you're now complaining about the spending going on in the Obama administration is really laughable.

With the billions of dollars spent on a war that was based upon false pretenses, not to mention the mission being changed (3) time to justify it, and now you're saying Bush is old news? We're still in two wars he started and Obama is still continuing it! What about the trillions of dollars that went missing during the Bush administration? Or the money that was politically spent to support Cheney's Halliburton? What about the S&L scandal that was tied in with the Bush's, or the Enron Scandal? What about the continued deregulation of the banking industry that was started by Clinton and extended further by the Bush Administration. Which caused the predatory loan practices of the banks which caused the current economic crisis we're in now.

If your memory doesn't serve you right, Bush pushed for the bail outs of the banks before Obama came into office. Obama just did the dirty work for him. There's plenty of finger pointing to go around. To blame just Obama for this economic mess is really being highly selective. It's really laughable when you want to defend Republicans over Democrats because both administrations spent billions of dollars and wasted tax payers dollars. This country has over spent well before Obama got into office, and he's just doing the same incompetent policies his predecessors did before him.

This country isn't going anywhere if all we do is cover one eye and look the other way.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

For the concept of "Hope & Change." And what's wrong with changing the status quo? It was a bit different, after all.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Isn't that what the thread asked for? It didn't ask if you liked Obama. (I think comparing Obama with Manson is a bit of a stretch).

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I am not here to debate...I gave my gratitude, although it was received with less than I expected...maybe I should lower my expectations too!

To compare Manson and Obama is a bit of a stretch? Not really in my opinion...they are both are murderers, they both have lied and manipulated to accomplish their own personal agenda, and they both should at the very minimum be in prison for life. One did it against the law the other under the controlling authority of the law...I see some similarity's, but hey...it's just my opinion!

edit on 14-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join