It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Tanks Push Towards Turkey And Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Syrian Tanks Push Towards Turkey And Iraq

news.sky.com

The growing military campaign has sent some 8,000 Syrians fleeing to neighbouring Turkey, where they offer a grim picture of what they left behind.

Troops "damage homes and buildings, kill even animals, set trees and farmlands on fire," said Mohammad Hesnawi, 26, who fled Jisr al Shughour.

He accused pro-government militias known as "shabiha" of atrocities there.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
latimesblogs.latimes.com

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is awful.

As UN apaches mow down Gaddaffi forces in Libya, the Syrian regime turns it tanks on it own people. The death toll in the syrian regimes murder spree has now reached 1400, although I think we can all agree its likely a lot higher.

I find it disgraceful that the UN have done almost nothing to curb the actions of Assad and his cornies, I mean we have barely even heard a condemnation. How can we be so high and mighty as to help Eastern Libyian (who by the way were big players in the Iraqi Jihad), then turn a blind eye to this syrian slaughter. I thought the rule was "in for a penny, in for a pound!". I guess Libya has more pennies than Syria.

Good speed to the people of Syria.

ALS

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Earlier there's a Thread stating that Senator Graham mentioned that the US is going to continue it's adventurist activities in Syria. So wouldn't be a surprise.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

If the United Nations made a major deal about it at this stage, Assad may have an attack of common sense and stop before he goes far enough to justify Western intervention into his nation. I think the U.N. is giving him all the rope he needs to open the door for another operation to follow the Libyan one or even concurrent to it. It's getting insane out there. It really is.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

If the United Nations made a major deal about it at this stage, Assad may have an attack of common sense and stop before he goes far enough to justify Western intervention into his nation. I think the U.N. is giving him all the rope he needs to open the door for another operation to follow the Libyan one or even concurrent to it. It's getting insane out there. It really is.

But surely using tanks against civilians with air rifles and hand guns is far enough. And your right things are really getting crazy.

ALS

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Arab League Mulls Syria Suspension

The Arab League has publicly criticized the violence in Syria, saying Arab states are "angry and actively monitoring" the crisis.

The comments, by outgoing League Secretary General Amr Moussa, were published in Britain's Guardian Tuesday, and reportedly drew a bitter response from Damascus. Syria's representative at the league described them as "unbalanced and politically motivated."

The Arab League may give the UN and the IC at large some further mandate for military intervention should they call for it. The AL is becoming increasingly critical of Syria's military crackdown on protestors.

top topics

join