It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

POOP BURGER: Japanese Researcher Creates Artificial Meat From Human Feces

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in


posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM

Originally posted by mac420
You can scoff at this and say its gross and you would never try it, but this is a perfect example of how we can become self sustaining. In an endless cycle of renewal, there are great benefits to this.

For one, scientists are trying to figure out how to allow Humans to travel in space for years (25+) at a time. If there was a machine that was a part of the "sewage" system that recycled all solid waste, they would never run out of food. Also, if this system was implemented in a large city, like LA or NY, there would be no hungry people.

From what they said it tastes like Beef, and this is just the initial research, with time they could theoretically make it taste like anything. Could this be the very first incarnation of a Food Replicator like in Star Trek? I don't know, only time will tell, but I'd give it a go if it was deemed safe to eat.

Its not a endless cycle, true that it would be beneficial in a survival condition however the rations are still limited... If you read carefully it clearly states that the human body ingest 20% of the protein required to create said product and send the remaining 80% to waste. So lets say you start with 10lb every cycle you will lose 2lb of the required protein until the "product" is completely deprived of its nutritional values than you might still be left with some paste or whatever left to eat but it will not sustain you and you will die of lack of nutrition.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:34 AM
Yum! Poop burger with "#ake" mushrooms, hold the onions, please. Surely, "cow pie" sounds delicious: Why not create burgers from cow feces instead? Seriously, let's just leave poop as an alternative fuel for cooking outdoors and fertilizer. That's the way "nature" intended, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:12 PM
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

For Jews and Muslims (and others with religious dietary restrictions) would this product be Kosher or Halal? I wouldn't think so. It's going to come down to pork or poop in the very near future for them.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
It's already being done with our water supplies (, so I suppose this is the next logical step;

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:35 AM
I'm trying to 'digest' the implications of this and have come to the opinion that this fits the phrase 'polish a turd' fairly well.

Mmmm the goose that laid the golden egg. Yep, I bet the likes of ADM and others are practically salivating over this one.

Maybe it can even fall under the 'mechanically separated meat' process as well.

Defintely something they could utilize in space travel/colonization and so forth.

It's an abundant resource - no shortage here!

ps: this is a crappy thread
edit on 18-6-2011 by explorer14 because: i'm a comdedian

top topics
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in