It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POOP BURGER: Japanese Researcher Creates Artificial Meat From Human Feces

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Laugh all you want right now but when the FDA finally decides to control all the food supply, leaving you and your family starving with nothing to eat.. I bet you'd start eating your own...

Typical Amerikan response: Hhahaha hurr hurr hurr what are you talking about. That's ridiculous. Why would our own government want to hurt us!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yum eating your poop over and over again. If you had watched 2 girls in a cup and hadn't thrown up. This poop burger might be for you. lol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Is this article for real? If so this is beyond disgusting i agree. Would anyone like a Pepsi or Coke with that? Seriously.. Sick. Would love to see the makers of MONSANTO eat this ### !
edit on 15-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

it's a whole new level of recycling. It's revolutionary this one

At least world hunger is no longer a problem, just eat your own crap

edit on 15/6/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

Hey It's all recycled matter anyways, all you need to do is cut out some of the middle processes, and biological recycling of the mysterious natural chain of events that answers the age old question of were does the # go.

But still at the end of the day it still comes down to... In one hole out the other. But either way its a crappy situation. Does anybody really know were and how some of these cheep foods are made really? Because some of them really do taste and look like crap with artificial coloring and flavor thrown in for looks.

I don't think this Japanese guy is the first to come up with this craptacular idea.
And like I said one can only wonder at what other wonders that this process of processing crap could lead to down the road.
Its a craptastical idea as well as very stinky.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is really old news, actually. Back about 40 years ago, or so, he did this, then opened the first chain of fast food restaurants in the US and called it McDonalds.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

It should be funny but for some reason I don't feel like laughing because Soylent Green was the first thing that popped in my mind.

That movie is starting to read like a primer.

Right down to the cops.

With "A Clockwork Orange" nipping at its heels.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
On another note, I always assumed that the replicator machines in the Star Trek universe used human/alien waste to recycle into other things like food. Is that right? Did Roddenberry see this coming? When the guy took a bite in the video, my husband almost threw up. I couldn't watch....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

This........... I am at a lost for words

thank GOD the Sun will keep feeding the good food if you can stomach it. I know this had to be created in good nature I hope but its just a bit much to eat what you delete....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I always thought it would be the Germans that perfected the poop burger first.

Color me both disgusted and surprised.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
16 JUN 11:

On this day, I officially declare that I will only eat shrimp as a meat source unless I kill it and dress it myself.

These Japanese researchers: What are they thinking?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Maybe they are trying for this reward?

PETA Coughs Up $1 Million Reward For Artificial Meat

PETA doesn't mind if you eat meat; they just want that meat to not be from a dead animal. The organization cares so much about this that they've offered up a $1 million prize to the first scientist that can create meat that's "sufficient to market in at least 10 U.S. states at a price that is competitive with then-prevailing chicken prices." In essence, fake meat.

There are upsides to this, such as engineering extra vitamins and nutrition into meat so you don't have to eat vegetables AT ALL if you don't want to. Or take out some of the fat and bad stuff for you. Or in PETA's own smug, condescending words, "consumers who can't get enough cholesterol and saturated fat in their diet could indulge their cravings without harming animals." [PETA via Wired Science via DVICE]

source

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Bring's whole new meaning to the phrase, "This thing taste's really crappy." More reason to stop eating beef, it's all buffalo crap for me from now on.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
they are gonna make burgers out of poop....
lemonade out of piss.....
and then one day alfredo sauce out of........................

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hilarious how there's a fine line between human and animals... We fight over everything just like two dogs will fight each other over the same bone regardless there's 500 laying around....

Now we're eating our own crap...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

edit on 16-6-2011 by Mykey420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykey420

Originally posted by Mykey420

edit on 16-6-2011 by Mykey420 because: (no reason given)

You sir, win.

edit on 16-6-2011 by Glass because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by Glass because: double image looks horrible

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You can scoff at this and say its gross and you would never try it, but this is a perfect example of how we can become self sustaining. In an endless cycle of renewal, there are great benefits to this.

For one, scientists are trying to figure out how to allow Humans to travel in space for years (25+) at a time. If there was a machine that was a part of the "sewage" system that recycled all solid waste, they would never run out of food. Also, if this system was implemented in a large city, like LA or NY, there would be no hungry people.

From what they said it tastes like Beef, and this is just the initial research, with time they could theoretically make it taste like anything. Could this be the very first incarnation of a Food Replicator like in Star Trek? I don't know, only time will tell, but I'd give it a go if it was deemed safe to eat.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow, back when i was a kid (long time don't ask) , i would ask my mom what was for tea and she would jokingly reply " a sugar coated s**t sandwich ".

How times have changed.

Junk food to Funk food.

Cosmic...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The funniest thing is that this is exactly something that the Yes Men pulled on one of their stunts and now it is really happening.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Gross, absolutely disgusting. I hate "artificial" meat as it is, so no way in hell would I even think of eating ****.

Also, LOL at the "**** MEAT" label on the fridge.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join