It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POOP BURGER: Japanese Researcher Creates Artificial Meat From Human Feces

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

Originally posted by pikypiky
Folks, if you want to solve "food supply" issues, this is a start. As long as the "creation" of artificial meat has nutritional value, it's good to go. Just get over the fact that we are what we eat and basically everything comes out as "crap". Get it? Y'all do the animal kingdoms a favor by coming up with better ideas!

That's all fine and dandy...... but I think I'll give that radioactive pattie a miss.... no pootonium for me!

Talk about bio-accumulation! This would take the cake. All the radioactive poop proteins over the years concentrating in the poo meat. Tasty.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
not to poop on the thread [S&F]

but i recall reading about this back in the mid 80's: same story
japanese scientist coming up with way of recycling poop for eating
with pictures of final product and all. the recycled product was used as filler

could this be some sort of urban legend/trope?

why does this sound like "the japanese will sell you Crap"?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

As many have noted, why not? Seems reasonable. If I could list the times I walked out of a 3star restaurant saying what utter crap it was, I'd present you with a thousand pages.

CJ

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

That was funny! Yes there was a guy in the eighties eating #. Seriously, that;s all he ate.

CJ

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

He admits that “some people” may have a psychological aversion to eating artificial meat made of their own poop at first, but thinks many would be open to personally completing the food chain. He also notes that the burgers are extremely low in fat. Read more: POOP BURGER: Japanese Researchers Create Artificial Meat From Human Feces | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World

Like GMO's already polluting our food supply without our full knowledge, we need to watch out, in the next few years, for "environmentally friendly," low fat meats being advertised. It might just be this meat they are talking about.
I can see McDonald's advertising this fake meat as "health" conscious burgers. I don't think they would tell us what it is made from (at first), but how the artificial meat is made.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
We have a winner!

sent: 15-6-2011 at 01:22
judge dredd

Yes, nasty as the idea may be it is not exactly new.
Perhaps truth is stranger than fiction, especially when fiction is more blurred these days.

"I am da law!"Text

judge dredd?

or what's her name?
edit on 15-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You are what you eat

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Have you ever tried it? I know a guy who knows a guy who has lived on his own sh*t for over ten years. He seems fit as an ox, his hair has regrown, but his teeth are brown and his breath is worse than his, you know...

CJ

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i guess they are making it official,

s**t sandwiches for everyone!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Well, this researcher wins the awards for the most stupid invention ever. Imagine the potential for disease from this. Burners a tad low for the day, and everyone gets very ill. And what about viruses shed in feces? And also, there is so much potential for the creation of new virus strains. Since viruses mutate to propagate themselves. And this is unknown territory. Crazy, just absoulely crazy....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
"Coming to a fast food restaurant near you!!"

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Toylent Green, made from Poop-ple.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitresses, g'night!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
reply to post by boncho

Yes and if pooburgers are the norm in the future, then taco bell is by far classy food. Considering that it is not recycled yet...

That and idiocracy seem to be where the future may lead if changes are not made. Of course, if that is the way of the future, then ShadowRun should be the black market world, in which case there may be a future for me as well.

You saw that movie also, huh?

Idiocracywww.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I t has been said that life is like a s#!t sandwich.

The more bread you have, the less s#!t you have to eat........

The ultimate insult I guess, making us pay to eat it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

i've seen dogs eat feces. 10 billion dogs can't be wrong, they are guided by nature. meanwhile, don't hold your breath waiting for McPooper's to show up on the menu. scientists do lots of things that are futureific.

and if human excrement ever does become food, we can all live off the massive shiatheads in Washington DC for a really long time. politicians are just full of shiat, it's never-ending.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As a vegetarian i have encountered burgers before that I assumed had been made of poo they tasted that bad.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Satan playing tricks, please focus on this fact
Peace and love to you all in the coming times.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

it's a joke

the japanese yes men ?!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by manta78

i've seen dogs eat feces. 10 billion dogs can't be wrong, they are guided by nature. meanwhile, don't hold your breath waiting for McPooper's to show up on the menu. scientists do lots of things that are futureific.

and if human excrement ever does become food, we can all live off the massive shiatheads in Washington DC for a really long time. politicians are just full of shiat, it's never-ending.

and cat poop to boot!

LOL, all them zombie brain eating movies are true!

OMG!!! we'd probably get sick tho, eating demo's.

you take the first bite from pelosi.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

What is it with artificial things in this video?

Artificial meat? An artificial hand to point out a diagram of what its made up of?

MAH!

Sounds like CRAP to me

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join