It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraq Issues Amnesty to Insurgents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Iraq's PM Iyad Allawi has announced a limited amnesty for anti-government rebels on Saturday and extended an olive branch to cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, whose fighters have staged an uprising in various Iraqi cities. The long-delayed amnesty, that would last for 30 days, does not include anybody who has murdered, raped, looted or been involved in destroying government buildings.

Iraq Issues Amnesty to Insurgents

This law is directed toward individuals who have committed minor crimes and have not yet been apprehended or prosecuted ...," Allawi said.

"This order has been established to allow citizens to rejoin the civil society and participate in the reconstruction of their country instead of wasting their lives pointlessly toward a lost cause."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Clashes between U.S. marines and Sadr's militiamen continued into a third day today in the holy city of Najaf, the troops had engaged in close and heavy fighting.

More than 12 explosions rocked central Baghdad last night, at least 43 people have been killed in fighting between U.S. forces and Shi'ite militiamen in Baghdad and Najaf over the past 24 hours,

Despite widespread violence, a national conference is planned to go ahead on Aug.15 to choose a council to oversee the interim government, followed by elections in January.

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Riwka]

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ya know, this just makes me sick. I mean this sick bastard is out there murdering coalition forces, not to mention countless innocent iraqi civiillians and cops. And then all of a sudden the guy says "Wait a tick! I need a seize fire, so i can get some more ammo!" The guy has done it twice already. What really makes me mad is the fact that IF we wanted to take this guy out, with CIA or whatnot, we could certainly do it (without blowing up tons of buildings he is in). Yet, because of POLITICS getting in the way, nobody has the guts. If i had it my way, this sick bastard would have his brains blown out by the CIA. Simple as that.

new topics

join