It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginner in the Art of Magick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The best way is probably to read just about anything you can get your hands on and sort out what makes sense to you. Some methods focus more on calling gods, angels (or demons) or other entities to your aid and some focus more on you being the source of power, and I'm sure each method has its benefits. I started reading a lot on Wicca, but found it wasn't quite my thing. I did learn a lot from it, but in the end I can't label myself anything other than Pagan. I don't follow any rigid school of thought because it changes with my experiences...

I've lost track of most of what I've read since I will check out anything on any religion or any form of magick. But I think Liber MMM is a decent place to start if you're interested in chaos magick. A google search will turn up a pdf. Also I highly recommend taking a look at the old PsiPog website, it has a lot of info on psychic abilities and energy manipulation from a non-religious standpoint.
edit on 29-6-2011 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I believe magic to be "the ablilty to call the correct people. items or situations in to your reality, that will in some way benefit you or others".

I have read little on the subject, prefering to use visulisation within meditation. Any good practioner will make their own spells, as the personal tends to work much better than the impersonal. As you practice, you learn what feels good, what works and how to ensure you include the necessary detail.

A perfect example is, a few years back, I decided it was time for me to settle down with my perfect man. But I hadn't met him. So I had a chat with him upstairs, giving a long list of all the qualities I felt I needed in a partner. The list was long and detailed! lol One year later, to the day I became involved with the guy I had asked for. He had every like and personality trait I had requested. Not one was missing. I finally realised that although my visualisation had worked exactly as I had planned, I had missed out the most important qualities of all, taking it for granted that this perfect man would be honest, reliable, with integrity and moral decency.

I received exactly what I had asked for!!!!!!!!!

This post may sound silly, but we are human and therefore make mistakes. That mistake cost me my home along with a thriving business and my heart. Money can be replaced, but emotionally I still haven't recovered, after all these years I still do not want anyone else.

My nan used to say, be care what you wish for, you just might get it! Becareful what you magic up, you may get exactly what you asked for, but that may be the opposite of what you need, or what is good for you.

Take care with this, although powerful and life changing, it do not always give you a positive outcome.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eccentriclady

My nan used to say, be care what you wish for, you just might get it! Becareful what you magic up, you may get exactly what you asked for, but that may be the opposite of what you need, or what is good for you.

that's one of the first things i've read and one of the first things i've applied since i've started working with magic.
It's very true, you have to be very careful about what are your intentions, and be very clear about them so you don't mess things up. As someone said in a movie "with a big power comes a big responsability", and you need to take that responsability evry time you decide you want something that was not "originally intended" to be in your life (that's why I made an oath of never messing with another person's life, if i need to f up something, the price it's gonna be my debt and anyone else would be harmed in the process.)

The fun thing about the path i choosed is that every mistake is not a mistake per se, but a gift, you must take every mistake as a lesson instead, and learn from that. I recently discovered that i was just misfiring my sigils, stopped the sigil working at all for a while, and started to think deeply about the reasons why they weren't working anymore. I've discovered a lot about myself in the process, and found that i needed to change the way i was doing them. Now they're going back to normal but i'm using them for small works till everything comes back to how they used to work (i had a very high success rate - among 75-85%- and it dropped to 10% out of the blue, now i'm going up again with a new insight about the real weight of them and their real consequences)

And I still want to try some invocation, i've just messed up things with evocation till now! hohoho, it's gonna be a funny ride, and i already know the risks by first hand so i'm not scared at all. I just need a situation powerful enough to give me a powerful reason to do it.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf
, and my favourite - Chaos Magic.

That is what I started with. Particularly sigil magic. It's easy and it gets results. But sometimes the results are temporary, when applied to ones self.

Many books on magic can be found online in PDF format. Here are a couple of sources www.spiritualgateway.net...
darkbooks.org...

Both collections are eclectic. And they honor copyrights,

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
After 15 years of studying wicca and all things hoodoo/voodoo, native american, energy work, q. physics, and yes mainstream religions. I can say that my understanding though practice and belief has lead me to what I call wish-craft. I think that if I found myself in a more intense situation of need I would have no problem calling on other entities to do my bidding (lol) but in the end I am the one who can obtain what I need. Though my own directed thoughts and meditation I am able to attain all that is necessary in my life. I "wished-out" my husband, my daughter, the home I own and the job I have. Anytime I get low on cash I "wish" for more. It seems to work out well. My advice for you is LEARN LEARN LEARN and no one is exactly right. No matter what you read, question it with your heart. Law of Karma, attraction, rule of 3... never once have I witnessed negative results from working from my heart. If I must work with dark energy, I do. Life is a balance of both dark and light. To use them both is working by natures rules.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

To tell the truth, I am just as in the dark as you are. There is some, very little information on the www, but not much. Want proof of TPTB using Magick and Astrology? Check the star positions for all launches, especially the Moon shot. It cannot be just a coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join