It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart slams media for Palin email coverage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And I'm glad you also got the point I was making earlier about the people participating in the "PMail feeding frenzy" basically using the same thought processes as the birthers. So, what is next, people screaming to see the REAL emails ad nauseum?

That is really very funny because I was kind of feeling that way too.

Originally posted by centurion1211
Now the question becomes: How long until we get full disclosure that Obama is and always was a muslim, and the biggest disclosure of them all - that he does not meet the qualifications to be president of the United States?

Silly birthers

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by neo96

lamestream media indeed anticipation of non important stuff.

anything to paint the gop in a negative light and deflect from weiner and obama.

"when we dont have any news fit to print we make our own"

Since Sarah Palin is the reason these emails were released now instead of two years ago when they were requested does that mean that she is trying to help distract from Obama and Wiener? She is in on the whole thing?

Obama is the reason we don't have any of his college info, is there a reason he wants to keep them private?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I care about Obama's emails exactly as much as I care about Sarah Palin's email's at this point so you go blow that smoke down another tunnel, k?

Thank you for volunteering to demonstrate an example of exactly the type of person I have been talking about. I cannot be that hypocritical no matter how hard I try.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

I care about Obama's emails exactly as much as I care about Sarah Palin's email's at this point so you go blow that smoke down another tunnel, k?

Thank you for volunteering to demonstrate an example of exactly the type of person I have been talking about. I cannot be that hypocritical no matter how hard I try.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

How is anything I said hypocritical?

I pointed out that Obama has fought to keep all of his college records private, and that the MSM is fine with that.

But the media will hide a guy in Palin's rainbarrel if they think he might find out which home hair coloring she uses.

I'm not a Palin fan, and I doubt I'd ever cast a vote for her for any office, but you'd have to be blind not to see the hatchet job the MSM is pulling on her. Biden (our vice president) makes a gaff and it's 2nd page news for about 30 minutes. Palin (a private citizen) makes a gaff and it's front page news for weeks.

If you can honestly sit there and say that you can't see why Obama's information is more important than Palin's, you should put your mind up for donation, somebody out there might use it. He is in the highest office on the planet, and we know less about him than Anna Nicole Smith.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You are seriously barking up the wrong tree. I am not hiding or helping to hide any of Obama's anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
A reminder...Post to the topic and not the poster. Civility in discussion is required.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

again we see a tainted poll.

how many voters did they ask, (if they even were voters, not "likely voters") ?

was the poll mainly Dems or Repubs ?

those results look to familiar .... the Weiner poll showed the same numbers - except opposite !

Hmmmmm

easier to fix polls.....fix elections a little harder.

the only true poll is an election !

EDIT to add:
What !

i just noticed !

was it exposure or disclosure ?

now what do we do ?

edit on Jun-16-2011 by xuenchen because: just noticed !

edit on Jun-16-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
And again. From Yahoo main news page.

One of the stories about Sarah Palin that the mainstream media have been purveying is that she is engaged in some kind of feud with the token conservative on "The View," Elisabeth Hasselbeck. This has turned out to be wide of reality, however.

About a week ago, the Los Angeles Times reported that an unnamed friend of Hasselbeck said that Palin was giving the TV co-host the cold shoulder and was refusing to return her calls. The theory was that Palin was miffed at Hasselbeck's mild criticism of her bus tour taking attention away from Mitt Romney.

Now, however, Hasselbeck has weighed in on the controversy and, just like the Margaret Thatcher snub story and the Paul Revere story, there was far less than meets the eye. According to Politico, Hasselbeck tweeted the following: "Fact: Sarah #Palin always has returned my calls. Fact: when it comes to #Palin press will get it wrong."

They are really afraid of this woman, maybe I need to give her another look.

Anybody who scares them this much might be on to something.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I don't understand this fear idea. The media attacks Palin whether she deserves it or not. They ride her coat-tail and give her way more press than she should receive and they often misrepresent her. This goes for both sides.

Left View (MSNBC): A bumbling idiot who spits venom and hate with nigh a positive thing to say. This is not a real representation of her.

Right View: The messiah and 2nd coming of Reagan. A Tea Party queen and a force to be feared. The person to say the party. This is also a fallacy.

Truth: She is a charismatic person (and mildly attractive) who knows how to sell herself. She is purposefully inflammatory and a bit whimsical. A person who refuses to be wrong even when at times she is. A former governor who took on some establishment ideals and attacked others. Her policies have often been very centrist. She is a divisive figure by design.

You know to really equate her to someone based on how the media treats her I will go with this description.
Tim Tebow, the often publicized QB for the Denver Broncos. He is very divisive in the sports world. Some will have you believe that due to his success in college (success in Alaska) he is guaranteed success in the NFL (nation politics.) Even though he has currently accomplished nothing on that level. There are both people for and against him based on their preconceived notions on what a QB (what a presidential candidate) in the NFL looks like. No one fears Tebow but he is a popular figure with a large and vocal fan base who propel him to be a national figure for really no reason but name ID.

This is basically what The Daily Show was referring too by the absurdity of the "Pmail" frenzy. There was news factors here like the fact that they were released. The ensuing almost full day coverage though was way beyond what was needed and the quality of the story called for. This of course blew up in the media's face when it turned out if any damning information was to be found it had already been redacted. I expect better of this community, I do.
edit on 16-6-2011 by LexiconRiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconRiot

The media is corporate owned and controlled, they do what they're told for the most part.

TPTB are pulling out all the stops in their attempts to discredit Palin.

The only explanation I can think of is that they are afraid of her, and what she might do to derail their gravy train.

If she isn't a threat to them why would they do it? For fun?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The media is doing exactly what she wants them to do. This is not liberal media pushing an agenda. Palin is media whoring herself any which way she can and is only getting the coverage she is begging for.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

She's not that smart.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by Kali74

She's not that smart.

Don't need to be smart to seek and gain attention.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join