It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Jon Stewart slams media for Palin email coverage

page: 5
11
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by fooks
she was asked/invited whatever for VP it wasn't her idea.


What does it matter whos idea it was? I never said it was anyone's idea. I just referred to her as having been up for the job in 2008, which she was.


do you understand the role of the VP?


Yes but that does not matter. She is not VP. She was in the running for it in 2008 when the emails that this thread is about were requested. You are trying too hard to find something to argue about that is not here.


POTUS don't kill me because this idiot will be POTUS.

lol!

your people were really freaked out, right?



I do not even know what you are saying.


i'm not the one who gives a rats.

you people deal with her.

i don't have a prob.

and you will loose.

if not for her,

the left would wither and die on the vine.

you should thank your lucky stars she is in your life.

i would of said god but ya'll might have misinterppertaed it.




posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
May times members on this forum wonder which posters are plants or paid disinfo agents, I really can't think of another quite so obvious since I have been here, at least try and pretend once and a while.
It has been painfully obvious since I read your first few post.


You got nothing but personal attacks?


Originally posted by centurion1211
Finally, my years on ATS have repeatedly shown me that when someone resorts to insults and deflections, it is almost always a signal that they have nothing left to debate with. Intellectually they are done.


What the hell am I getting paid to do? I agreed with the OP about the video. The rest of you Sarah worshipers just cannot stand the fact that some people do not bow at her feet and pretend she pisses gold flakes on us. Sorry my opinion does not match yours.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

i'm not the one who gives a rats.

you people deal with her.

i don't have a prob.

and you will loose.

if not for her,

the left would wither and die on the vine.

you should thank your lucky stars she is in your life.

i would of said god but ya'll might have misinterppertaed it.



OK thanks. Great points, really. All of them.
and I am the derailing troll

edit on 15-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by fooks
 

post removed by staff


Cool.

Now if either of you ever decided to discuss the topic of this thread, be sure and use that number.

Jon Stewart slams media for Palin email coverage

Just a friendly reminder since the last and only person to mention the topic in a while has been me. If you guys are going to continue to post off topic or attack me personally, you are doing a great blow to the OP's faux concern for not derailing the thread as wells as completely undermining the entire premise that what I am here for is just such a thing. The off topic personal attacks are coming this way, not going out. The topic is Jon Stewart and his take on the media's reaction to "Pmail" not me.
edit on Wed Jun 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

C

Now if either of you ever decided to discuss the topic of this thread, be sure and use that number.

Jon Stewart slams media for Palin email coverage

Just a friendly reminder since the last and only person to mention the topic in a while has been me.


Wow, you get it. It is funny that when someone is fully comprehending an issue they must be trolls/dis-info agents or the like. My only question here is what are you being dis-informative of? You have been honest and truthful about the fact that the lawyers held this up to "screen for personal information". This was even said on fox news. (sorry i don't have a link. I shouldn't need one though anyone can look this up and find it true.) You are dead on with the idea that people blindly worship Palin. It is ok to question Obama on his birth, college records and validity but asking for emails is an obvious fear tactic because the left is so scared of Palin. Obviously the left wants to destroy America I guess. It couldn't just be a difference of opinion.

As far as JS goes he is a democrat. (He is a New York Jew. This demographic is notoriously "left".) However he slammed his childhood/college friend Anthony Wiener over his scandal. Just as he bashes Obama whenever he screws up. He Bashes Chris Mathews and Ed Schultz too. He is friends with Bill O'Riely and bashes him too. Glenn Beck get the business and refuses to go on the Daily Show or to have JS on his program. There is a reason he has been on the air for 16 seasons and 77 episodes so far this year. It isn't because he is biased and unfair...
edit on Wed Jun 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I missed this show so I'll have to watch it now.

I remember when the emails first surfaced and people were poring over them, looking for some dirt and they came up with.... VERY little if anything at all. I mentioned to my husband that that this is the strategy of the left this year (in preparation for the election): Slam each and every Republican candidate with everything we've got! Not that it's any different than the strategy employed by either party any particular year, but this one is really important and the rhetoric is going to steadily crank up until Nov 2012.

There was nothing in the Palin emails. They tried to find something but it wasn't there. It doesn't mean Sarah is a saint or good for politics, but they didn't find what they were looking for.

Birthers didn't find what they were looking for, either. I wonder if there's a crazy movement to declare the Palin emails as "fake"...

.
edit on 6/15/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


There isn't a movement and I doubt anyone (not in the media) cares that much about her. However there is still curiosity about what exactly was redacted from the piles over the past 2 years. Naturally people would be interested in what is being hidden, after all this is a conspiracy site. However, I digress on that point. I don't think the "Left" is anymore extreme than the "right" for this election cycle. The only person that Obama made any comment about so far is Trump but I think we all know Trump had it coming. While all the candidates take pot shots at everything Obama has done thus far. At this point it is only the MSM and the Blogosphere that really vamped up the vitriol. (On both sides.) This is a response to the vitriol of the 2010 cycle and the Tea Party. The "grass roots" communities know they also need to capture the anger of the people to garner support. This can not be laid to bare at Obama's or any of the GOP fields feet. They cannot control the people and as long as they don't say some of the awful things others do I will not blame them for it being said.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96


lamestream media indeed anticipation of non important stuff.

anything to paint the gop in a negative light and deflect from weiner and obama.

"when we dont have any news fit to print we make our own"



I find it hilarious that you think the Palin emails are unimportant (and hey, I agree, who cares about 'em) but that apparently, Tony Weiner waving his junk for an adult woman is OF PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE!



The media's a pack of dribbling retards, and the subjects you have decided are important are just as stupid as Palin's emails - it's just that a different angle of the dribbling media retards have convinced you of this.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox
 


I would disagree to an extent. When the scandal broke and the week up to and including his apology it was a news worthy topic. During that conference he admitted there were other pics out there and so when they surfaced it was not news worthy anymore. This goes for the Palin Emails. They were news worthy because after they were requested in 2008 they were held up by Palin's lawyers. News worthy doesn't denote a 24 hour cycle of feeding frenzy though. This was JS's point on his show. They are foolish for turning something this minor into a much larger story than it deserved. While minor issues are often considered "non-issues" by viewers I can attest as a journalist their News Worthy value because we write about what people want to know about. People want to know about Palin's emails and Wiener's wiener... They just weren't as interested as Fox, MSNBC and CNN made them out to be. This is due to no journalistic ethics and adherence to corporate set talking points. Distraction from real issues by feeding the masses mindless drivel. What may be more depressing is John Q. Public loves it and eats it right up.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconRiot
 


I think it's a chicken or the egg argument, honestly.

Ultimately hte NewsCorps are playing to a market. They're a business, after all. So the question is, do they do this sort of thing because the market consists of a largely moronic public whose favorite hobby is tabloid-jumping? Or have these morons been conditioned this way because it's all the media provides?



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox
 


While this is really a topic for another thread I would like to interject a theory.
Cultrual Imperialism
This is a very important topic and one that needs further discussion,.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I missed this show so I'll have to watch it now.

I remember when the emails first surfaced and people were poring over them, looking for some dirt and they came up with.... VERY little if anything at all. I mentioned to my husband that that this is the strategy of the left this year (in preparation for the election): Slam each and every Republican candidate with everything we've got! Not that it's any different than the strategy employed by either party any particular year, but this one is really important and the rhetoric is going to steadily crank up until Nov 2012.

There was nothing in the Palin emails. They tried to find something but it wasn't there. It doesn't mean Sarah is a saint or good for politics, but they didn't find what they were looking for.

Birthers didn't find what they were looking for, either. I wonder if there's a crazy movement to declare the Palin emails as "fake"...

.
edit on 6/15/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)


We don't often agree, but star for your excellent IMO post.


Just when I thought an election couldn't be any more contentious than 2008, looks like 2012 will be worse. I'm really afraid that the net result of all this will be to drive more an more people from the election process. Could doing that actually be part of the plan?

And I'm glad you also got the point I was making earlier about the people participating in the "PMail feeding frenzy" basically using the same thought processes as the birthers. So, what is next, people screaming to see the REAL emails ad nauseum?


edit on 6/15/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I guess the redacted Pmails are an unimportant aspect:


Lawyers went through every page to redact sensitive government information, and 2,275 pages were withheld for reasons including attorney-client, work product or executive privilege; an additional 140 pages were deemed to be “non-records,” or unrelated to state business.

www.thestar.com...


Jon Stewart is a comedian who is just a tad biased. Big Whoop on that one.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Just when I thought an election couldn't be any more contentious than 2008, looks like 2012 will be worse. I'm really afraid that the net result of all this will be to drive more an more people from the election process. Could doing that actually be part of the plan?

And I'm glad you also got the point I was making earlier about the people participating in the "PMail feeding frenzy" basically using the same thought processes as the birthers. So, what is next, people screaming to see the REAL emails ad nauseum?


Odd for a "Birther" to criticize people looking for the truth, eh?
Oh I know you are not an overly out spoken "Birther" but you obviously are and simply wish to save face by not openly admitting it.


Originally posted by centurion1211
The real truth is that it is a "fact" to you simply because that's what you want to believe. And no doubt you want to believe your version because it ends up being much simpler than having to deal with how you could have been duped so badly into supporting a fraud.


Double standard fail. Though I do applaud you for attempting to stay neutral in most cases. Pretending to play devils advocate while really displaying who you are.

So how does this pertain to Palin you may be wondering? Well besides the obvious double standards on who is worth debating and who is not. You claim these emails are a non-issue yet the birth certificate issue was not. Judging by your sheer amount of posting on "Birther" threads it was largely important. So the validity of one is not fair game (Palin) while the other is open season. (Obama)
edit on Wed Jun 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LexiconRiot
 


Interesting that you show up here a month ago and you already think you "know" me well enough to attach labels and throw insults.

Earth to lexiconriot


We already have one stalker/deflector on this thread, so unless you have something to say about the Jon Stewart comedy kit from the OP, you are here for what purpose?

Are you also part of this?



posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I guess the redacted Pmails are an unimportant aspect:


Lawyers went through every page to redact sensitive government information, and 2,275 pages were withheld for reasons including attorney-client, work product or executive privilege; an additional 140 pages were deemed to be “non-records,” or unrelated to state business.

www.thestar.com...


Jon Stewart is a comedian who is just a tad biased. Big Whoop on that one.


Wow. A team of lawyers, 2 and half years and 2,400 redacted emails later it makes you wonder what the media was hoping to find after that.



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join