It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart slams media for Palin email coverage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

we bought alaska from russia

so in a way she was right

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
OMG, this is just too easy.

You mean like progressives running with "I can see Russia from my house" as a Palin "quote", when it was only Tina Fey in a SNL skit that ever said it?

Idiotic like that?

Sure. That phrase coming from Sarah Palin is just as idiotic as that.

This is my favorite defense of Sarah Palin. "Sure, she is stupid but no more so than the people I am about to mock for being so stupid." Great defense.

BTW, feel free to start your own thread on the "curious" timing by Palin's legal team.

Funny that you say that to me and not to the person that actually brought it up.

Meanwhile, back on the topic of Stewart's roasting of the MSM ...
edit on 6/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

My fault for responding to Neo's totally on topic post about how this was done to distract from Wiener.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

trying to make me the topic of the thread is the same thing as the lamestreammedia does

deflection from the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

from my take noone dictates the legal process in america

i'd love to see those so called facts that the timing was all palin fault.
edit on 14-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Her legal team released the emails. What is there to dispute about that?
Oh shoot. Even though you going on and on about this is off topic, Centurion will not notice until I respond so let me do it for him.

Back on topic.....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What has been happening with Palin is quite educational
It really straightened a belief I already had

If they don't know how to respond to you then they mock you

If mockery is all they have then it's amazing that mockery has so many fans
No it's not amazing, it's actually very sad

Thank you for that MA.

You could call that a sub plot of the OP. People do often attempt to denigrate, or make fun of what they fear. I see this in many of the attacks on Palin AND (pay attention here) some of the attacks on obama. Instead of it being about racism as many on the left love to try and spin, IMO it is about fear of another 4 years of obama and the policies that are really hurting this country. But that too is a subject for another thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Breaking: MSM finds the "smoking gun" regarding Palin

(New York, N.Y. - 6/13/11) After hours, days and weeks of digging through e-mails looking for items of interest regarding former Governor Sarah Palin, the MSM has finally, after thorough investigation, stumbled up information that could seriously damage her reputation and potential run for President.

In a shocking expose, the following is an excerpt from an article to be run tomorrow by a major East coast newspaper:

"It is our job to completely investigate anyone and everyone who is, or seeks to be, a prominent player on the national scene. We found someone living in a tiny village deep in the Alaskan interior who told us a shocking story. She told us she was formerly employed at an unnamed hospital in Hawaii signing blank birth certificates before moving to Alaska and gaining employment as a school teacher.”

“Mrs. Ima Ukelele told us she was Sarah's second grade teacher and Sarah was stubborn from an early age. She wouldn’t follow directions, constantly colored outside the lines and absolutely refused to share her crayons amongst her classmates.”

“I guess spreading the wealth wasn’t a phrase with which Sarah was familiar. How can someone like this sleep at night knowing others went without crayons because of her. This is not someone who should be leading this country as it moves progressively into the future.”

“There is no room for “rugged individualists” in the future of our country. All must come together for the common good.”
liberallunacy.bravehost.com...
Developing..

har

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

trying to make me the topic of the thread is the same thing as the lamestreammedia does

deflection from the topic at hand.

You do not have one on topic post in this thread but I would hate to be the one to point that out because the OP is really really concerned about me going off topic by responding to you. Maybe you can get on topic for a change? I have been able to address the OP. Can you?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

really?

unless a mod says it

it falls on deaf ears

and a suggestion of learning how to read might help out on here.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

I can hardly begin to tell you what someone else intentions are or were.

Really.

Isn't that what you were doing with your very first post on this thread, attempting to blame Palin for the timing of the release?

Palin is to blame for the timing of the release. That is just a fact. I never once suggested what her intention for the timing was. Neo did.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

really?

unless a mod says it

it falls on deaf ears

neo,

Appreciate the support, but in the end you are just helping her with her deflection attempts. It's what she does and all she does. Check the profile and the posts. No threads authored.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

really?

unless a mod says it

it falls on deaf ears

Then why does the OP keep saying it to me for responding to the crap you post? I asked a simple question. Why would Sarah Palin be trying to distract from Wiener. You respond by going even more off topic. I am sorry you have even less to add than the OP thinks I did.

Can you add anything about the topic? You are making it really hard for the OP to tell me to get on topic.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
C'mon OP, Jon Stewart adds a little bit of humor in an otherwise stale topic!

I also agree with his point, this is a non-issue. Who cares about Palin's emails and who care's about Weiner's net-affairs?

The media goes too far to get the scoop.....on nothing of importance.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
C'mon OP, Jon Stewart adds a little bit of humor in an otherwise stale topic!

I also agree with his point, this is a non-issue. Who cares about Palin's emails and who care's about Weiner's net-affairs?

The media goes too far to get the scoop.....on nothing of importance.

My point exactly in posting the OP.

I started watching the video thinking I would be cringing (based on others), but ended up laughing instead.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Ya, he's got a ton of funny vids that point out the hypocrisy and outright humor that come from American politics. My favorite is this one. Check it out if you wish, or don't.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

really?

unless a mod says it

it falls on deaf ears

neo,

Appreciate the support, but in the end you are just helping her with her deflection attempts. It's what she does and all she does. Check the profile and the posts. No threads authored.

Star from me. Now I am left wondering what stormdancer's post has to do with the topic. Or are you just worried about off topic talk from people that actually have an informed opinion. Let's talk about your video some more. What else do you feel there is to discuss on the matter? If you are going to play topic goal tender, be consistent.

I believe Stewart, like most thinking people, understands that Sarah is a joke and little else. I do not understand where "fear" even comes into it. No one is afraid of Shep Smith. The media in general on the other hand is mostly made up of people so eager to just get attention that anything they think people want to see, they will run after like moths to a flame. I think a lot of the media is contrived and misguided but it should not be held up as a barometer of "the left."
They hyped Trump so much, thinking people wanted more and more Trump. The moment no one was talking about Trump, no one cared about him anymore. Sarah is a media lightning rod. There is no denying that. I would not even try to defend it.
I just do not understand this whole "Leave poor Sarah alone" cult that has evolved to a point of blind worship. She is touted around like some kind of perfectly moral and just genius when all I see is another white trash ex beauty queen that can barely string a line of words together into a coherent thought.
The media was doing the same to Charlie Sheen not that long ago and I hardly remember anyone saying it was because the left was afraid of him or that he was a threat to Obama. It is time that Sarah stand on her own two feet. The best press she gets is people talking about how mean the press is to her. It just is not selling her to me. I want to be sold. I do not want to be told that she is not stupid because other people are stupid too. That does not work for me. I cannot hear any more about how moral and good she is when I know her stance on federally funding abstinence only teaching. No one wants to try and highlight was is good about her in any honest fashion and the media is hungry for anything Palin at all. Maybe if she were better, she would look better? Just a thought.
I think Stewart nailed it perfectly. What else is there to say about that? I never attempted to defend the media frenzy over her emails. I likewise do not care about wall to wall Lyndsay Lohan trial coverage every few weeks.
The only real problem I have is the burning knowledge that if any democrat with presidential desires had lawyers hold up emails for two years in order to redact and hide over 4000 pages worth, people on ATS would want to know why and what is in there. Instead I just see her lemmings crying about how unfairly she is treated. Well if the media - that she is a part of - is too hard on her then she better get back on that bus and just keep touring.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

It's about the emails too,

edit on 063030p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Star from me. Now I am left wondering what stormdancer's post has to do with the topic.

If you are referring to the parody stormdancer posted above, the answer is actually quite simple.

It was about basically the same thing Stewart was doing in the OP - making fun of the MSM over the "PMail" issue.

Next ...

And have to add:

Is that "birther logic" you are attempting to use at the end of your last post?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

It's about the emails too,

edit on 063030p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

So is every single one of my posts including the ones the OP got all upset and warned me over.

See how that works?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Star from me. Now I am left wondering what stormdancer's post has to do with the topic.

If you are referring to the parody stormdancer posted above, the answer is actually quite simple.

It was about basically the same thing Stewart was doing in the OP - making fun of the MSM over the "PMail" issue.

Next ...

Oh...ok. Your idea of on-top and off-topic seems quite fluid.

And have to add:

Is that "birther logic" you are attempting to use at the end of your last post?

Specifically which part are you referring to?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Specifically which part are you referring to?

The only real problem I have is the burning knowledge that if any democrat with presidential desires had lawyers hold up emails for two years in order to redact and hide over 4000 pages worth, people on ATS would want to know why and what is in there. Instead I just see her lemmings crying about how unfairly she is treated. Well if the media - that she is a part of - is too hard on her then she better get back on that bus and just keep touring.

Try to hide it and people want to know what you're hiding ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join