It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart slams media for Palin email coverage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by joechip
I think the biggest story here, which everyone seems to have missed, (and I could have misheard it, due to the "bleeping") was the implication that Jon made that Ms. Palin has a penis.

Good stuff!

Good stuff?

No.

Latest - and perhaps lamest - attempt at a Palin cheap shot.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Stewart is hilarious.

People who say he isn't funny or is too biased are in the minority.

What people (who don't watch his show) don't realize is he is pretty unbiased, though it isn't a secret he is left-leaning.

He calls people out for stupidity, irony and lies...it's no wonder the right ends up in the crossfire most of the time.

This is not because he is partisan, it is because that side is such an easy target.

Just so folks know, he never has pulled punches on Weiner, Obama, Edwards and other Left politicians that are ridiculous.

I think people assume too easy that he is a left-think-tank rather than just a funny comedian that is well versed in politics.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
So back on topic ...

Yeah, that was way off topic.

What did you think of the show?

Be more specific. I missed the interview at the end. I agree with his take on the email situation.

Did you feel sorry for the "poor" MSM reporters left with nothing to say that didn't make them look incredibly shallow and stupid?

Not any more so than I do for the ones that follow the Kardashians around for no apparent reason. Then again, maybe it is because of the threat they present to Obama.

Certainly no more so than I do the people that are sending her money for her campaign to nowhere with her non run for office.

Were you - like the MSM - disappointed that no "dirt" was found?

I never expected any.

I just find it pretty damn odd that pretty much the same people that keep whining that Obama was not scrutinized enough are also really worried about Sarah Palin being looked at at all. Shouldn't we scrutinize anyone with presidential aspirations as much as possible?

What is even more odd is to see those same people, and being ATS members, sit here and look at this story and still be so complacent.

I just do not understand how you can sit here and say that you all really feel the way you do because you thought about it for even a second and not just because you like Sarah and need to support her. It is no better than the people that blindly support any other person.

If I read on ATS that person X went around official emails to avoid an official record, I might be a little suspicious. If I then read that person X had lawyers holdup any emails for two years, taking out thousands of pages and redacting parts of the rest, I would be far more suspicious. I would wonder what they were so worried about hiding. But I am supposed to believe that because it is Sarah Palin, there is no good reason to look. OK, fine. Then there is no reason to harp over Obama not being looked into enough any more. We cannot have two sets of standards.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by isitjustme
My brother lives in Anchorage and the people in Alaska love her. She was a no nonsense person who didn't play games and did what she said she would do.

Ya don't say?
Sarah Palin: now even Alaska doesn’t like her

New poll shows Palin is more unpopular in Alaska than in any state except Massachusetts.

Liberal in action:

See, I found something that says some other people also don't like Palin.

I feel so much better now ...

Can you not read or did you not read? That was a direct response to this.

Originally posted by isitjustme
My brother lives in Anchorage and the people in Alaska love her. She was a no nonsense person who didn't play games and did what she said she would do.

But does not get a "Palin worshiper in action" stamp from you? This just highlights your sycophantic partisanship right here. One guy says he hears she is super popular in Alaska and that just floats. I present a poll that says otherwise and you attack me for it. Color me shocked.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Funny stuff, thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Care to back this theory of yours up with a link from a reputable news source.
Did I just write that?

What "theory" is that? You do not think the media would have gone nuts over the emails at another time?

What is this comment about? An attempt at being PC, or another example of liberal censorship?

Reminder: Sticks and stones ... but words can never hurt me.

You are not making any sense. I was just pointing out the idiocy in using that term. Please continue to use it ad nauseum then.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I just do not understand how you can sit here and say that you all really feel the way you do because you thought about it for even a second and not just because you like Sarah and need to support her. It is no better than the people that blindly support any other person.

I don't "support" Palin for any elected office.

What I take issue with are the cheap shots sent her way out of liberal fear.

Yes, yes, yes. Liberals will now offer the knee-jerk response of "what fear?".

Don't know about anyone else, but if I truly dislike someone, I ignore and don't even think about them. An analogy might be if something is burning your hand, don't you pull your hand away from the heat, or do you keep on putting it back in the flame?

So, to me all these liberals who claim to hate but not fear Palin, are doing the equivalent of sticking their hand back in the flame - over and over and over again ...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

3 years too late whose only purpose was to dig up dirt on palin and to do what just exactly? discredit her ? create more hatred? really now people hate the woman they just need more stuff to hate her for?

I can hardly begin to tell you what someone else intentions are or were.

and the timing of weiner and hype up by the LAMESTREAMMEDIA who thinks an exgovernor in charge of nothing is more important that a sitting us congressman caught with his pants down.

But Palin timed it so help me understand this mental disconnect you seem to have.

yeah facts are abound in this thread and many glossed over by palin haters.
edit on 14-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Like what?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You are not making any sense. I was just pointing out the idiocy in using that term. Please continue to use it ad nauseum then.

But I never did use that term in a post.

Please review this thread again, and for content this time.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I can hardly begin to tell you what someone else intentions are or were.

Really.

Isn't that what you were doing with your very first post on this thread, attempting to blame Palin for the timing of the release?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

mental disconnect

never forget that ats is a two way street some just dont bother.

meh

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

If you say so.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

But I never did use that term in a post.

Please review this thread again, and for content this time.

I never said you specifically used that term but then you jumped right in to defend the use of it. So, be my guest and use it all day long. It just sounds idiotic is all to recycle a phrase like that some television personality came up with. Do you not see how stupid it sounds to take a sportscaster, reality show star, FOX news employee's phrase attacking the media?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If you say so.

No, you did.

If this is all you've got to contribute, then there are literally thousands of other threads here where your insight (or incite?) might be put to better use.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

mental disconnect

never forget that ats is a two way street some just dont bother.

meh

I am just asking you to explain how Sarah's legal team choosing now to release something requested in 2008 is an attempt to distract from Wiener or Obama. Unless You are saying that was Sarah's plan, it makes no sense. Can you help?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It just sounds idiotic is all to recycle a phrase like that some television personality came up with. Do you not see how stupid it sounds to take a sportscaster, reality show star, FOX news employee's phrase attacking the media?

OMG, this is just too easy.

You mean like progressives running with "I can see Russia from my house" as a Palin "quote", when it was only Tina Fey in a SNL skit that ever said it?

Idiotic like that?

BTW, feel free to start your own thread on the "curious" timing by Palin's legal team.

Meanwhile, back on the topic of Stewart's roasting of the MSM ...
edit on 6/14/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

from my take noone dictates the legal process in america

i'd love to see those so called facts that the timing was all palin fault.
edit on 14-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

If you say so.

No, you did.

I did?
I wrote this?

I don't "support" Palin for any elected office.

What I take issue with are the cheap shots sent her way out of liberal fear.

Yes, yes, yes. Liberals will now offer the knee-jerk response of "what fear?".

Don't know about anyone else, but if I truly dislike someone, I ignore and don't even think about them. An analogy might be if something is burning your hand, don't you pull your hand away from the heat, or do you keep on putting it back in the flame?

So, to me all these liberals who claim to hate but not fear Palin, are doing the equivalent of sticking their hand back in the flame - over and over and over again ...

How did I do that from here?

If this is all you've got to contribute, then there are literally thousands of other threads here where your insight (or incite?) might be put to better use.

I have no idea what to say in response to your fairy tale nonsense. Sorry. You go on and on about some fear that you cannot explain or justify. You say you do not support Palin, you just do not like the cheap shots. Really? Do you feel sorry for everyone the media attacks like you do poor poor Sarah? I see incongruity in your posts with regard to that. Maybe you can enlighten me.

What can I say. You say liberals are afraid of Sarah Palin. Ok then. That is your opinion. If you offered something factual to discuss, I could add. When you just say random things because you want to, I am left at a loss.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What has been happening with Palin is quite educational
It really straightened a belief I already had

If they don't know how to respond to you then they mock you

If mockery is all they have then it's amazing that mockery has so many fans
No it's not amazing, it's actually very sad

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have no idea what to say ... I am left at a loss.

Yes.

You've made that abundantly clear.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join